M, b. September 24, 1918, d. September 13, 2015
- Birth: Bernard Broeckert was born on September 24, 1918.
- Marriage: He and Ruth P Miller were married on June 21, 1947 in Sacred Heart Church, Sherwood, Wisconsin.
- Death: Bernard Broeckert died on September 13, 2015, at age 96, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bernard Broeckert, age 96, concluded the last chapter of his life late Sunday evening, September 13, 2015 at St. Mary's Nursing Home, Manitowoc.
Bernard was born on September 24, 1918, the son of the late Edward and Clara (Gutman) Broeckert. He attended Catholic grade school and Valders High School graduating with the class of 1936. Following graduation Bernie worked for the Salvatorian Seminary for four years in the printing shop until he enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1940. He was stationed overseas in India working as an airplane mechanic during World War II. In 1946 Bernie married Ruth Miller of Sherwood, Wisconsin. The pair moved to Milwaukee where Bernie was trained as an office machines mechanic. In 1949 Bernie and Ruth moved to Manitowoc in search of a family friendly community to raise their two daughters. In Manitowoc Bernie found employment as a service manager at Napp Office and School Supply later becoming co-owner of the business. Bernie worked happily for 37 years with an amazing group of employees. He retired in 1980 to spend time with his family and grandchildren.
Bernard is survived by his two daughters: Sue (Bob) Hablewitz, Manitowoc, and Joan (Doug) Brefczynski, Manitowoc; four grandchildren: Gregg (Lisa) Hablewitz, Milwaukee, Tom (Jen) Hablewitz, Vernon Hills, IL, Pete (Kelly) Brefczynski, Portland, OR, and Ann (Steve) Mertens, Denver, CO; three precious great grandsons complete Bernie's family circle: Jayse and Landon Brefczynski, and Cole Hablewitz. Bernard is further survived by one sister: Tillie Scharenbroch; one brother and sister-in-law: Roman and Eleanore Broeckert; a sister-in-law: Mary Ellen Broeckert; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife: Ruth, his parents: Clara and Ed Broeckert; two brothers: Alphonse and Ed Broeckert; two brothers and sisters-in-law: Art and Joan Broeckert, Rembert and Angie Broeckert; two sisters and one brother-in-law: Hilary and Norb Seipel, Sister Roman Broeckert, OSF; and one brother-in-law: Andrew Sharenbroch.
Cremation has taken place at All-Care Cremation Center, Manitowoc, and Funeral Services will be held at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on Saturday, September 19, 2015 at the Blessed Angela Chapel at the Felician Village of Manitowoc. Officiating at the Mass of Christian Burial will be the Rev. Gerald Foley. Entombment will take place at Calvary Mausoleum, Manitowoc.
The family will greet relatives and friends on Saturday, September 19, 2015 at the Blessed Angela Chapel from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. (Noon).
The Pfeffer Funeral Home and All-Care Cremation Center, Manitowoc, is assisting the family with funeral arrangements.
The family wishes to thank Dr. Schmidt, Nallie Yang, and all of the awesome caregivers at the Felician Village. St. Mary's Nursing Home is the closest to heaven as you will find here on earth, and the best choice we have ever made for our dad's care. Also thank you to one special niece, Peggy, for her frequent visits.
We are also indebted to Dr. Pradeep Giriyappa, the amazing HFM internal medicine doctor who cared for dad with knowledge and compassion for so many years. His care and expertise is an immeasurable gift to our entire family.
Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter from Sept. 16 to Sept. 18, 2015.
Joannes Jacobus Hubers
M, b. circa 1800, d. January 3, 1845
- Birth: Joannes Jacobus Hubers was born circa 1800 in Arcen, Limburg, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Petronella Verbeten were married on July 10, 1827 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
- Death: Joannes Jacobus Hubers died on January 3, 1845 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
F, b. March 9, 1802, d. January 20, 1887
- Birth: Petronella Verbeten was born on March 9, 1802 in Vierlingsbeek, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Joannes Jacobus Hubers were married on July 10, 1827 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
- Death: Petronella Verbeten died on January 20, 1887, at age 84, in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1775
- Birth: Willem Hubers was born circa 1775.
- Marriage: He and Sibilla Reijnders were married.
F, b. circa 1775, d. December 27, 1847
- Birth: Sibilla Reijnders was born circa 1775.
- Marriage: She and Willem Hubers were married.
- Death: Sibilla Reijnders died on December 27, 1847 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
M, b. October 1, 1766, d. April 11, 1829
- Birth: Petrus Verbeten was born on October 1, 1766 in Wanroij, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Maria Linders were married on April 19, 1801 in Vierlingsbeek, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Petrus Verbeten died on April 11, 1829, at age 62, in Arcen, Limburg, Netherlands.
F, b. circa 1766, d. October 5, 1837
- Birth: Maria Linders was born circa 1766 in Maashees, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Petrus Verbeten were married on April 19, 1801 in Vierlingsbeek, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Maria Linders died on October 5, 1837 in Arcen, Limburg, Netherlands.
Anna Maria Hubers
F, b. July 27, 1830
- Birth: Anna Maria Hubers was born on July 27, 1830 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Henricus Vallen were married on April 1, 1856 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.
Petronella Wilhelmina Hubers
F, b. August 29, 1833
- Birth: Petronella Wilhelmina Hubers was born on August 29, 1833 in Arcen en Velden, Limburg, Netherlands.