- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Gerald H Huempfner
F, b. April 30, 1926, d. July 6, 2004
- Birth: Laverne Huempfner was born on April 30, 1926 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Harold W Kocourek were married on November 21, 1944 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Laverne Huempfner died on July 6, 2004, at age 78, in Whitelaw, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Laverne M. Kocourek, age 78, of 7501 CTH K, Whitelaw, died, Tuesday, July 6, 2004 at her residence.
Laverne was born April 30, 1926 in Green Bay, daughter of the late Hubert and Mayme Watermolen Huempfner. She grew up and was educated in Green Bay.
On Nov. 21, 1944, she married Harold W. Kocourek in Green Bay. They celebrated 59 years together.
Laverne was employed at Mirro Co. for 23 years retiring in 1987. She was a member of St. Anne's Catholic Church, Francis Creek. Laverne was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed family events, shopping, birds, splitting wood, cooking and playing cards.
Survivors include her husband: Harold, Whitelaw; their children: Thomas (Betsy) Kocourek, Shoto; Diane (Greg) Neuser, Manitowoc; Gary (Cathie) Kocourek, Manitowoc; David (Cindy) Kocourek, Whitelaw; Sally (Jeff) Running, Manitowoc; Steven (Karen) Kocourek, Manitowoc; Kay (Robert) Schmidt, Manitowoc; 16 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; sister: Leola (Ben) Albers, De Pere; brother: Gerald (Sally) Huempfner, Green Bay; sister-in-law: Connie Huempfner, Cecil; sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law include: Clarence Kocourek, Oregon; John and Arlene Kocourek, Reedsville; Elroy and Joyce Kocourek, North Carolina; Rose Meidl, Manitowoc; Betty Ebert, Manitowoc; Ethel Kocourek, Manitowoc; Peggy Kocourek, California; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents, Laverne was preceded in death by a son: Richard Kocourek; a granddaughter; Stacy Kocourek; daughter-in-law: Penny Kocourek; brother: Francis Huempfner; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law include: Leonard and Evelyn Kocourek, Roman Kocourek, Joe and Marie Anhalt, Jerry Ebert, Ralph Kocourek, Mildred Kocourek, Norbert Meidl, Sally and Charles Vondrachek and Lester and Dorothy Kocourek.
Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, July 9, 2004 at St. Anne Catholic Church, Francis Creek. The Rev. Paul J. Paider will officiate with entombment at Knollwood Mausoleum, 1500 Hwy. 310, Manitowoc. Relatives and friends may call from 9 a.m. Friday at St. Anne Catholic Church until the time of the Mass at 11 a.m.
Reinbold & Pfeffer Family Funeral Home of Kellnersville is assisting the Kocourek family.
-published in the Herald Times Reporter July 2004.
Harold W Kocourek
M, b. March 29, 1922, d. February 8, 2014
- Birth: Harold W Kocourek was born on March 29, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Laverne Huempfner were married on November 21, 1944 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Harold W Kocourek died on February 8, 2014, at age 91.
- Note: Harold W. Kocourek, age 91, of Kellnersville, died Saturday, February 8, 2014 at West Haven, Brillion.
Harold was born March 29, 1922 in Reedsville, son of the late John and Rose (Pritzl) Kocourek. On November 21, 1944 Harold married the former Laverne M. Huempfner in Green Bay. She preceded him in death July 6, 2004. Harold farmed in Reedsville until 1958 and then moved to Manitowoc. He trucked milk for Whitehouse Milk Co. until 1965 and then drove truck for Imperial Eastman until his retirement in 1987. He was a member of St. Anne Catholic Church. Harold enjoyed fishing and working in his woods.
He is survived by six children: Thomas (Betsy) Kocourek, Shoto; Diane (Greg) Neuser, Manitowoc; Gary (Cathie) Kocourek, Manitowoc; David (Cindy) Kocourek, Whitelaw; Sally Kocourek, Manitowoc; Steven (Karen) Kocourek, Manitowoc; 16 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; one son-in-law: Robert Schmidt, Manitowoc; one sister: Betty Ebert, Manitowoc; one brother: Elroy Kocourek, Manitowoc; brother-in-law; sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends also survive.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife: Laverne; one son: Richard Kocourek; one daughter, Kay Schmidt; one granddaughter: Stacy Kocourek; one daughter-in-law: Penny Kocourek; six brothers; three sisters; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law also preceded Harold in death.
Private family services were held at the Reinbold & Pfeffer Family Funeral Home of Kellnersville, Deacon Al Boeldt officiated the service. Entombment followed at Knollwood Mausoleum.
Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter, February 2014.
M, b. April 23, 1930, d. May 6, 1999
- Birth: Francis Huempfner was born on April 23, 1930.
- Death: He died on May 6, 1999, at age 69.
F, b. April 12, 1928, d. October 16, 1988
- Birth: Eloise Vanderneck was born on April 12, 1928.
- Marriage: She and Donald T Baumgart were married on April 16, 1948.
- Death: Eloise Vanderneck died on October 16, 1988, at age 60.
Randall K Mielcarek
M, b. August 3, 1957, d. February 3, 2013
- Birth: Randall K Mielcarek was born on August 3, 1957 in Pulaski, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 3, 2013, at age 55.
- Note: Randy "Chunky" Mielcarek, 55, Suamico, passed away unexpectedly Sunday, February 3, 2013. He was born August 3, 1957, in Pulaski to the late Vincent "Vic" and Irene (Karcz) Mielcarek. Randy graduated from Pulaski High School in 1975, where, for many years, he held the track and field record for the two mile run. On July 28, 1979, he married Susan "Sue" Baumgart and they had three beautiful children, Ben, Mike and Maggie.
Randy was employed at Super Ron's Grocery in Pulaski, and later at Fort Howard, now Georgia Pacific, for many years. He was a talented mechanic in the power plant and later worked as a mill vibration analyst.
Randy was an avid hunter and fisherman who cherished his time up north at the cabin with his family and friends. He also enjoyed gardening and his dogs. Randy was very proud of his children and could often be heard bragging about their many accomplishments. He loved watching his children play sports and enjoyed other activities with them, especially fish frys. He liked making silly faces at his grandchildren and taking them for bike rides. Randy loved his family dearly.
Survivors include his wife, Sue; three children, Ben (Megan), Mike (Laissez) and Maggie; four grandchildren, Emily, Ava, Damien and Dominik; two brothers, Kenneth (Linda) Mielcarek and Ronald (Judy) Mielcarek; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Mike (Audrey) Baumgart, Mary (Chuck) Johnson, Bill (Judy) Baumgart, Dick (Sheri) Baumgart, Joy (Steve) Steenport, Paul Baumgart, Patti (Mark) Gazella, Ruth (Jim) Eliason, Barb (Leon) Peterik; his mother-in-law, Gen Baumgart; nieces, nephews and many good friends.
He was also preceded in death by a sister, Shari Mielcarek and his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Margaret and Anthony Baumgart.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday at Celebration Church, 3475 Humboldt Road, Green Bay. Funeral Services will be held at 6 p.m. at the church with Rev. Lathan Duncan officiating. To send on-line condolences, visit www.prokowall.com. A memorial fund has been established.
Randy will be sadly missed by family and friends.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Feb. 5 to Feb. 7, 2013.
Michael L Mielcarek
M, b. March 29, 1984, d. April 13, 2017
- Birth: Michael L Mielcarek was born on March 29, 1984.
- Death: He died on April 13, 2017, at age 33.
- Note: Mike Mielcarek, 33, Howard, passed away unexpectedly Thursday, April 13, 2017. He was born March 29, 1984, to Randy and Sue (Baumgart) Mielcarek. Mike was a stand-out football player for the Bayport Pirates, graduating with the Class of 2002. He furthered his education at UW-Madison, graduating with a degree in electrical engineering.
On March 4, 2012, Mike and Laissez Van Vleet welcomed into the world Mike's pride and joy, his son, Damien. Mike loved spending time with Damien, reading to him, going for bike rides, swimming, playing ball together, nerf wars, building Legos and playing army men.
Well known for his love of condiments and relish trays, Mike made an art form out of the simple act of ordering a burger. He was a loving and caring father, son, brother and uncle. His sense of humor, appreciation for heavy metal, and humble spirit will be missed.
Survivors include his son, Damien; his mother, Sue Mielcarek; a brother Ben Mielcarek; a sister, Maggie (fiancée, Brooke Van Zeeland); nieces, Emily and Ava; uncles, aunts, and cousins; and too many friends to mention.
He was preceded in death by his father, Randy Mielcarek; and his grandparents, Marge and Tony Baumgart and Vic and Irene Mielcarek.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St. A Funeral Service will be held at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home and a celebration of Mike's life will follow. To send online condolences visit www.prokowall.com.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established for Damien's education.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Apr. 15 to Apr. 18, 2017.
Benjamin J Mielcarek
James David Sander
M, b. December 23, 1940, d. April 11, 2017
- Birth: James David Sander was born on December 23, 1940 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 11, 2017, at age 76, in Naples, Collier Co, Florida.
- Note: Sander, James
Purveyor of fine (and sometimes less than fine) humor and friend to all, James David Sander of Green Bay died Tuesday, April 11, 2017, at age 76 after a courageous battle with colon cancer in hospice care in Naples, Fla. Born Dec. 23, 1940, in Green Bay, Jim grew up in Green Bay and graduated from East High School in 1958, attended the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and served in the U.S. Army. For the past 16 years, he spent his winters in Naples, Fla., and his summers in Green Bay.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Emil and Genevieve, and survived by sister Jeanne (Jack); sons Eric (Amy) and Bryan (Rhonda); grandchildren Isabel, Cullen, Molly and Mason; partner D.J. Secora; ex-wife Barbara and many nieces, nephews and friends.
Jim was quick to laugh, loved to tell stories of his life in the military, enjoyed traveling the roads on his motorcycle, supported the Green Bay Packers, was an avid handball and tennis player and always had a smile on his face (probably because he was thinking of pulling a practical joke on someone).
Visitation and funeral details are still being finalized.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Apr. 16, 2017.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
Eric James Sander
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
Bryan J Sander
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
F, b. October 4, 1782, d. January 13, 1848
- Birth: Geurtje Steenbeek was born on October 4, 1782 in Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Gijsbertus VanKeulen were married on June 16, 1803 in Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Death: Geurtje Steenbeek died on January 13, 1848, at age 65, in Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands.