Ronald A Laabs
M, b. December 23, 1935, d. May 1, 2017
- Birth: Ronald A Laabs was born on December 23, 1935 in Greenleaf, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 1, 2017, at age 81.
- Note: Ronald A. "ChaCho" Laabs, 81, Pound, passed away suddenly on Monday, May 1, 2017. He was born December 23, 1935, in Greenleaf, son of the late Melvin and Loretta (Keyser) Laabs. Ron served his country in the United States Army, and was a very proud American. He had worked at the Kewaunee Nuclear Plant, Schreiber Foods, and as a Millwright for Ft. Howard Paper Co.
Ron enjoyed shooting pool, darts, golfing, bowling, and playing cribbage. He loved spending time with his family and always looked forward to family get togethers.
He is survived by four children: Jody (Chris) Laabs, Lori (Jim) Blean, Cory Laabs, and Melissa (John) Ratajczak; thirteen grandchildren: Caitlyn Laabs, Kyle Laabs, Ashley Laabs, Eric Laabs, Samuel Koski, Levi Koski (Cynthia), Jessi (Matt) Roherty, Isaac Blean, Nathan Blean, Austin Carr, Caleb Carr, Ethan Ratajczak, and Zoey Ratajczak; five great-grandchildren; two brothers, William (Donna) Laabs; Leonard (Dori) Laabs; two sisters, Bonnie (Greg) Cribb, and Sue (Bill) Daanen; sister-in-law, Carol (Cliff Goodacre) Laabs; special friend, Jeanette Nowak; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, Ron was preceded in death by four children: Michael, Richard, Carrie, and Julie Laabs; and two brothers, Harlan Laabs and Gary Laabs.
Family and friends may visit Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St., Green Bay, on Saturday, May 6, 2017, from 1:00 p.m. until the hour of funeral service at 4:00 p.m. Full military honors will follow the service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family extend their sincere gratitude to the many friends and responders who came to Ron's aid.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 3 to May 5, 2017.
Gerald G Stahl
M, b. July 7, 1934, d. March 9, 2016
- Birth: Gerald G Stahl was born on July 7, 1934 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: He was divorced.
- Death: He died on March 9, 2016, at age 81, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gerald G. Stahl, 81, Green Bay, passed away Wednesday, March 9, 2016, at a local hospital, following a short illness.
Gerald was born July 7, 1934 at home in Luxemburg, son of the late Michael and Mayme (Wavrunek) Stahl. He was a proud graduate of the University of Luxemburg.
Gerald's first love in life was dairy farming. Gerald stayed active in managing and fieldwork up until the time of his illness. He also owned and operated Gerald Stahl Trucking.
He is survived by his loving wife, Nancy (Prevost); his six children: Randy (Diane) Stahl, Gary Stahl (special friend-Sally), Greg (Linda) Stahl, LeRoy "Crunchy" Stahl (special friend-Michelle), Diane (Chip) Malewiski, and Dave (Kay) Stahl; two step children: Teri Grasse and Mike Grasse; 16 grandchildren: Sheila (Ben), Dawn (special friend-John), Denise (Brad), Lisa (Troy), and Melissa, Jennifer (Matt), Jeremy, Jodi, Jesse, Casey, Sara (Mike), Jessica (special friend-Ian), Kenny, Katie (Joe), Kristen (Kyle) and Lindsey; 24 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great grandchildren; sister, Bernadine Mathu; brothers and sisters-in-law, Lary (Michelle) Stahl, Denis (Sharon) Stahl, and Glen (Wendy) Stahl; sisters-in-law, Virginia Goebel and Chris Stahl; numerous nieces and nephews; and Jeanette Nowak, mother of his children.
In addition to his parents, Gerald was preceded in death by his son, Don Stahl; brothers, Jim Stahl and Mike Stahl, Jr.; and brother-in-law, Gerald Mathu.
Family and friends may visit St. Mary Catholic Church, 1412 Main St., Luxemburg, on Sunday, March 13, 2016 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Visitation will continue on Monday, March 14, 2016, at church from 10:00 a.m. until the hour of Mass at 11:00 a.m., with the Rev. Milton Suess officiating. Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the Stahl family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com.
The family extends a special thank you to the doctors and nursing staff at St. Vincent Hospital, especially Dawn Nissen, Terry Prevost, and Kay Stahl for their many times spent with Gerald.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Mar. 10 to Mar. 11, 2016.
William J Laabs
Bonnie Jean Vergets
M, b. March 28, 1937, d. April 10, 2001
- Birth: Harlan Laabs was born on March 28, 1937.
- Death: He died on April 10, 2001, at age 64.
Brooke Rose Goehring
Loretta G Keyzer
F, b. January 8, 1908, d. September 7, 2002
Family: John F Opeka (b. October 21, 1903, d. October 15, 1992)
- Birth: Loretta G Keyzer was born on January 8, 1908.
- Marriage: She and John F Opeka were married on October 25, 1903 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Loretta G Keyzer died on September 7, 2002, at age 94.
Henri Josephus VandenBoom
M, b. March 27, 1890, d. April 18, 1890
- Birth: Henri Josephus VandenBoom was born on March 27, 1890 in Rosmalen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on April 18, 1890, at age 0, in Rosmalen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Mary Rose VanHaecke
F, b. June 27, 1906, d. December 30, 2000
- Birth: Mary Rose VanHaecke was born on June 27, 1906.
- Death: She died on December 30, 2000, at age 94.
- Note: Mary Rose (Van Haecke) Keyser, 94, a native of Waukegan, passed away December 30, 2000 in Arcadia, California.
Mary was preceded in death by her husband, Edward. She is survived by her son, Leona, and a brother, William.
Visitation hours 4 to 6PM, Thursday, January 4 are at the MARSH FUNERAL HOME, 1521 Washington St., Waukegan. Funeral Mass tentatively 9:30AM on Friday, will be held at St. Joseph's Catholic Church.
Leon F Keyser
M, b. March 23, 1937, d. December 15, 2013
- Birth: Leon F Keyser was born on March 23, 1937 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: He died on December 15, 2013, at age 76, in Florida.
- Note: Dr. Leon F. "Lee" Keyser, age 76, passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 15, 2013, at his home in Palm City, FL having moved from Monrovia, CA three years prior.
Lee was born in Waukegan on March 23, 1937 to Edward and Mary Keyser and graduated from Waukegan Township High School in 1955. He continued his education receiving his Bachelor and Master degrees from Notre Dame and then his PhD from California Institute of Technology in 1965.
Lee retired as a Research Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Lab for NASA; attended Holy Redeemer Catholic Church in Palm City, FL; and was a member of the American Chemical Society and the Geophysical Society. He had a deep love for good music and recently, fulfilled a dream of going on a backstage tour of the NY Metropolitan Opera. During his retirement, Lee discovered a new passion for working with stained glass and fusion art.
Lee is survived by his cousins: Dorothy Keyser of Waukegan, Janet (Opeka) Shaver of Grayslake, and Evelyn (Keyser) Kanpola of Mundelein; his special friend and caregiver, Al Palmieri; and numerous other friends. His gentle spirit will be missed by all who knew him.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
A committal service will be held at Ascension Cemetery Chapel in Libertyville, IL on Monday, December 23, 2013, at 11:00a.m. with Father Patrick Rugen officiating. Visitation took place at Chapel of Martin Funeral Home in Stuart, FL, on Wednesday, December 18. Donations in Lee's memory to your favorite charity will be appreciated.
John F Opeka
M, b. October 21, 1903, d. October 15, 1992
- Birth: John F Opeka was born on October 21, 1903 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Loretta G Keyzer were married on October 25, 1903 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: John F Opeka died on October 15, 1992, at age 88, in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
Loretta G Opeka
F, b. May 8, 1929, d. May 8, 1929
- Birth: Loretta G Opeka was born on May 8, 1929 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: She died on May 8, 1929, at age 0, in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
Richard J Opeka
M, b. November 27, 1931, d. February 27, 1954
- Birth: Richard J Opeka was born on November 27, 1931.
- Death: He died on February 27, 1954, at age 22.