M, b. December 26, 1913, d. June 11, 1943
- Birth: Paul Bernetzke was born on December 26, 1913 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucy Tilque were married on February 9, 1935.
- Death: Paul Bernetzke died on June 11, 1943, at age 29, in Marquette, Marquette Co, Michigan.
Carl J Bernetzke
M, b. August 17, 1935, d. February 17, 2017
- Birth: Carl J Bernetzke was born on August 17, 1935.
- Marriage: He was married on December 1, 1956 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 17, 2017, at age 81.
- Note: Carl J. Bernetzke, 81 of Green Bay passed away unexpectedly as a result of an automobile accident on February 17th 2017. He was born on August 17, 1935 to the late Paul and Lucy (Tilque) Bernetzke. He married Judith Ann Falevsky on December 1, 1956 at Annunciation Catholic Church in Green Bay, WI. They recently celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Carl served his country in the army reserves, worked at Morning Glory, Brown County Motors, Fort Howard Paper for 30 years, and most recently for Broadway/Ford motors for 15 years.
In his younger days Carl raced on the dirt track circuit in De Pere, Shawano, and Luxemburg. Carl also fixed up cars and sold them to many people in the neighborhood. He later moved on to lawn mowers, snow blowers, chain saws or anything with a small engine. There wasn't anything he couldn't fix.
Carl also enjoyed going to rummage sales for the thrill of the deal. It wasn't about what he was buying as much as getting the good deal.
Carl was most proud of his family. He loved his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren with all his heart. Carl was always there with a helping hand any time anyone needed it whether it was working on a car or whatever he could fix.
Many good times were spent boating, water skiing, swimming, catching frogs, and giving the grandchildren rides on the golf cart at the cottage on High Falls Flowage in the Crivitz area. Carl was proud of the fact that he waterskied twice at the age of 80. One of Carl's other passions was making firewood. He owned many chainsaws. He always said you can never own enough of them. He was an expert at taking down trees and shared that knowledge with all.
Carl also enjoyed fishing out on the bay. He liked to mostly ice fish these days or just talk to the fisherman out there to see how they were doing.
He was an outgoing and lovable man who could strike up a conversation with anyone and he will be deeply missed by his family and friends. He left a hole in our world that no one else will ever fill. There will only be one Carl.
Survivors include his wonderful wife, Judy; five children, Brian (Barb) Bernetzke, Dan (Janet) Bernetzke, Cheri (Todd) Perrault, Tracie (Todd) Patrickus, and Sandy (Scott) Mansfield; eight grandchildren, Eric (Colette) Bernetzke, Nikki (Tom) Love, Dawn (Paul Nuthals) Bernetzke, Megan (Tu) Lu, Rachael (Shane Bruhnke) Perrault, Josh Perrault, Jack Patrickus, Madeline Patrickus. He is also survived by eight great-grandchildren, Alaina, Kora, Katelyn, Natalie, Shelby, Jensen, Pryce, Judith, and a baby girl due in March. Carl is further survived by his brother, Gerald (Judi) Bernetzke; sister, Joyce (Gary) Olson; sister-in law, Donna Piotrzkowski; step-father, Francis Bougie; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter; Mother and Father; brother, Leo (Carol) Bernetzke; parents-in-law, Roland and Eva (Baeb) Falevsky; brother-in-law, Don (Ruth) Falevsky; and sisters-in-law, Joan (Norm) Roskom, Janice (Bob) Steeno, Hank Piotrzkowski.
Friends may call at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 2597 Glendale Ave (one quarter mile east of the corner of Cardinal Ln. and Garland Ave.), from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, February 23. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the church. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established in Carl's name.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Feb. 19 to Feb. 22, 2017.
M, b. December 17, 1938, d. May 24, 2015
- Birth: Leo Bernetzke was born on December 17, 1938.
- Death: He died on May 24, 2015, at age 76, in Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leo Bernetzke, 76, Suamico, passed away peacefully at Azura Memory Care in Sheboygan, on Sunday, May 24, 2015. He was born on Dec.17, 1938 to the late Paul and Lucille (Tilque) Bernetzke.
He is survived by his children, Dave (Shannon) Bernetzke, Pulaski; Mike Bernetzke, Green Bay; Laurie (Jim) Nussberger, Sheboygan; five grandchildren; two brothers, Carl (Judy) Bernetzke; Gerald (Judy) Bernetzke; sister, Joyce (Gary) Thompson; stepfather, Francis Bougie.
Leo was preceded in death by his wife, Carol Bernetzke.
The family would also like to thank Azura Memory Care and Heartland Hospice for their care and compassion.
A private family service was held. Online condolences welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com.