Steven Michael Smith
M, b. August 4, 1991, d. February 24, 2017
- Birth: Steven Michael Smith was born on August 4, 1991.
- Death: He died on February 24, 2017, at age 25.
- Note: Steven Michael Smith, 25, passed away unexpectedly on 2/24/2017. Born on August 4, 1991, he was a 2009 graduate from Kaukauna High School and was working as a Fire Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice at Fireline Sprinkler Corporation.
He is survived by his father and step-mother Michael and Elisa Smith, mother and step-father Diane (Dahlgren) and Mike Helf, sister and brother in-law Chelsie (Smith) and Scott Ross, two nieces, several aunts, uncles, and cousins, and too many friends to count.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held for Steve on Sunday, March 19th at the Little Chute Civic Center from 1pm-4pm.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 12, 2017.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 2009.
F, b. 1906, d. 1956
- Birth: Alma Kraning was born in 1906 in Pittsfield, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died in 1956, at age ~50.
M, b. February 26, 1931, d. March 9, 2017
- Birth: Mervin Rohloff was born on February 26, 1931.
- Marriage: He was married on April 22, 1958.
- Death: He died on March 9, 2017, at age 86, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mervin "Merv" Rohloff, 86, Pulaski, died unexpectedly Thursday, March 9, 2017, at St. Luke's Hospital in Milwaukee. The son of Percy and Alma (Kraning) Rohloff was born February 26, 1931, in Kunesh where he grew up on a farm and learned his love for farming… and walked to school uphill both ways, with the snow up to the top of the telephone poles.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War, where he served as an M.P. On April 22, 1958, he married Arlene Blohowiak, who thought he was the best dancer she could have found. The couple bought a farm in Angelica in 1961, and farmed there with their children. Merv was a fan of John Deere green. He had also worked for Kuklinski in Pulaski, Julius Robaidek Silo, and Green Bay Box.
In addition to being a smooth dancer, Merv also enjoyed bowling, snowmobiling, playing softball, and just having fun. He also discovered that cars were fun to race on dirt tracks, in Wisconsin and in Boone, Iowa. Merv started racing at the age of 58. Car #31 was a gift he received on the occasion of the couple's 31st wedding anniversary, symbolizing his three girls and one boy.
Survivors include his wife and dancing partner, Arlene; three daughters and one son: Bonnie (Randy) Bramschreiber, Bonduel, Karen (Richard) Rusch, Shawano, Brad (Diane) Rohloff, Pulaski, and Jann (Wade) Berglund, Winneconne; five grandchildren: Britney Bramschreiber (special friend, Tyler Dobratz), Cloverleaf Lakes, Brigham (Katie) Bramschreiber, Green Bay, Kiley Rusch, Shawano, Dylan Rohloff, Pulaski, and Broc Berglund, Winneconne; one brother: Melvin (Janet) Rohloff, Cecil; nieces and nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by a stillborn infant son; one sister and brother-in-law: Lorraine and Richard Lepak.
Friends may call at Marnocha Funeral Home, Pulaski, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, with a Closing Prayer Service at 6:30 p.m. The visitation continues after 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Assumption B.V.M. Church, 119 E. Pulaski St., Pulaski. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the church, Fr. Patrick Gawrylewski, O.F.M. presiding. Burial will take place in the parish cemetery.
Online Condolences may be expressed at www.marnochafuneralhome.com
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Mar. 12, 2017.