Harold R Kettner
M, b. February 28, 1925, d. February 28, 2017
- Birth: Frank Giesen was born on February 28, 1925.
- Death: He died on February 28, 2017, at age 92.
- Note: Frank Giesen, age 92, of Menasha passed away on Feb 28, 2017 at his home at the Gardens of Fountain Way. Frank was born on February 28, 1925 to Reuben and Elsie (Schwartzbauer) Giesen in Menasha. He was a graduate of St Mary's High School class of 1943. He was a Menasha resident all of his life. Frank worked for the City of Menasha in the Parks and Recreation Dept. until his retirement in 1987. He was a lifelong member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Menasha. Frank celebrated his 92 in the past month. Frank enjoyed visiting with family and friends and he was a great storyteller. He was an avid fan of the Packers and Brewers. He enjoyed playing cards and going to the casinos. Frank relished going for rides, gardening and being outside. He always had a quick wit, welcoming hand and a sense of humor.
He is survived by his niece and nephews: Judy (Michael) Brickle, James Brickle, Ryan Brickle; cousins: Mike Resch, Jeff Resch, Paula (Steve) Basler, Kimberly Resch, Brian Resch, Kelly (Dan) Amundson, Mary Porsche, Kathy Gallow, David Schwartzbauer; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father, Reuben; mother, Elsie; brother Richard; and nephew, Daniel.
Funeral services for Frank will be held on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 11 a.m. at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 528 Second Street, Menasha, with Fr. Paul Paider officiating. There will be a time of visitation from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Frank's family wishes to thank everyone at the Gardens of Fountain Way for making his last years such a special and caring place to call home. Thanks to Hospice and Theda Clark Hospital.
Richard S Thompson
M, b. March 18, 1930, d. February 26, 2017
- Birth: Richard S Thompson was born on March 18, 1930 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 26, 2017, at age 86, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Richard S. "Dick" Thompson, age 86, of Appleton, entered into the arms of his Savior at Gardenview Assisted Living in Menasha, on Sunday, February 26, 2017. Dick was born on March 18, 1930, in Appleton, to the late Alfred and Mary (Damen) Thompson. He proudly served his country in the United States Air Force from 1951 to 1955, and was a member of the American Legion Burns Post #38 in Appleton. Dick was employed by the United States Postal Service in Appleton for over 27 years. He was a lifelong member of Zion Lutheran Church, enjoyed reading and travel. An avid Packer fan, Dick attended the very first Super Bowl. Importantly, he was a loving son, brother, uncle, great uncle and great-great uncle who enjoyed spending time with his family.
Survivors include his nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews, great-great nieces and nephews, other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by his brothers and sisters and in-laws.
Funeral services for Dick will be at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N. Superior Street, Appleton, with Deacon Gerald Kuborn officiating. Friends may call at the funeral home on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of services. Entombment will be in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. A memorial has been established in his name. Dick's family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the staff at Gardenview Assisted Living, Heartland Hospice, Mosaic Clinic, and Dr. Elizabeth Menzel, for their loving care. A special thank you is extended to Kathy Regeth, Dick's great niece, who was his dedicated and loving caregiver for the past 17 years. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.