Jonathan Gardiner Geurts
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
M, b. September 15, 1881, d. August 21, 1942
- Birth: Joseph Scharenbroch was born on September 15, 1881.
- Death: He died on August 21, 1942, at age 60.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Family Cemetery (formerly St Mary), Brillion, Wisconsin.
- Note: Brillion -- Joseph Scharenbroch, 60, who had been a patient at St. Vincent’s hospital, Green Bay, since June, died last Friday afternoon, following a lingering illness.
He was born Sept. 15, 1881 at St. Nazianz, and came to Brillion with his parents when a young boy. The family located on a farm three miles west of here. Mr. Scharenbroch had made his home here since.
He was united in marriage to Miss Anna Wolfinger, St. John, May 31, 1932, and the couple resided on the Scharenbroch homestead.
He leaves to mourn his departure, the widow, one daughter, Mary Ann; one son, Alfred, both at home; three brothers, Henry, Christ and John Scharenbroch, Brillion; and five sisters, Mrs. Andrew Geiger, Neenah; Mrs. Phillip Ortlieb, and Mrs. George Ortlieb, Chilton; Sister Victorena, Milwaukee; and Miss Mary Scharenbroch, Brillion.
Funeral services were held Tuesday at the Scharenbroch farm home and at St. Mary’s Catholic church, Brillion. The Rev. Raymond Schauer officiated and burial was in St. Mary’s parish cemetery.
Chilton Times – August 27, 1942.
M, b. March 16, 1841, d. January 30, 1896
- Birth: Lucas Steimle was born on March 16, 1841.
- Death: He died on January 30, 1896, at age 54.
M, b. November 15, 1869, d. November 17, 1869
- Birth: Henry Lamers was born on November 15, 1869 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 17, 1869, at age 0, in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
Francis Joseph Wolfinger
M, b. December 20, 1924, d. December 22, 1924
- Birth: Francis Joseph Wolfinger was born on December 20, 1924.
- Death: He died on December 22, 1924, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 4, 1892, d. July 27, 1892
- Birth: Joseph Wolfinger was born on May 4, 1892.
- Death: He died on July 27, 1892, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Alfred C Scharenbroch
M, b. September 5, 1936, d. January 23, 2017
- Birth: Alfred C Scharenbroch was born on September 5, 1936 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 9, 1956 in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 23, 2017, at age 80.
- Note: Scharenbroch, Alfred C.
Alfred Scharenbroch, 80, passed away unexpectedly Monday, January 23rd, 2017, surrounded by his loving family. He was born September 5, 1936, in Brillion, Wisconsin to Joseph and Anna (Wolfinger) Scharenbroch. After losing his father at the age of 5, the family moved to Hilbert where Al grew up helping on his uncle's farm and enjoying small town life. He graduated from Hilbert High School in 1954, and on June 9, 1956, he married Donna Barribeau at Holy Cross Church in Kaukauna. They settled in Appleton where they raised five sons. Al worked for Kimberly Clark at the Lakeview Mill until his retirement in 1992. He was a self-taught mechanic, plumber, electrician, and carpenter with great attention to detail. There was nothing he couldn't fix or salvage, and he was incredibly generous with his time and skill. Creating bountiful flower and vegetable gardens from seed was Al's second love, followed closely by armchair coaching of the Brewers, Packers, and Badgers. Other favorite past times included model cars and puzzles (the harder the better), bowling, casino trips, and attending the sporting and school events of his sons and later grandchildren. The times he spent in Crivitz fishing on Lake Noquebay and enjoying his family were among his best.
Al was a humble man who used what he was given to the fullest. His greatest joy was the 60 years he walked side-by-side with his best friend. He made us laugh and taught us to keep all four legs of a chair on the ground . . . at dinner and in life. We couldn't have asked for more.
He is survived by his wife Donna (Barribeau) Scharenbroch of Appleton. Sons: Dennis Scharenbroch of Madison, Don (Mary) Scharenbroch of Appleton, Dan (Alana) Scharenbroch of Kimberly, Joe (Ann) Scharenbroch of Kimberly, Bob (Beth) Scharenbroch of Appleton. Grandchildren: Kristen (Rick) Braatz, Matt (Jennifer) Scharenbroch, Drew Scharenbroch, Laura (Tom) Pethan, Gina Scharenbroch, Kyle Scharenbroch, Amber & Autumn Scharenbroch, Katie & Luke Scharenbroch, and Wyatt Scharenbroch. Great Grandchildren: Felicity Braatz, Will Pethan, and two more on-the-way. He is further survived by a sister, Mary Ann Schmit (Darboy), as well as many nieces and nephews.
Alfred is preceded in death by his parents, Joseph and Anna Scharenbroch; in-laws, Donald and Otha Barribeau; and a brother-in-law, Milton Schmit.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, January 27th, 2017, at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH AT ST. MARY'S CHURCH, 119 W. Seventh Street, Kaukauna, with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Visitation will take place from 4:00-6:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 26th at Boettcher Funeral Home, 2401 Fieldcrest Drive, Kaukauna, and again on Friday directly at church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. (920) 766-2099 www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
The family would like to extend their appreciation to Dr. Joseph Graunke and the staff at Kaukauna Clinic, as well as Dr. William Gunther and the staff at Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology for their compassionate care and support
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from Jan. 25 to Jan. 27, 2017.
Dennis John Scharenbroch
Donald Joseph Scharenbroch
Daniel J Scharenbroch
Joseph Paul Scharenbroch
M, b. August 12, 1880, d. September 23, 1880
- Birth: Francis VanNeerven was born on August 12, 1880 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on September 23, 1880, at age 0, in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1870
- Birth: Hendrikus Gruijters was born circa 1870 in Aarle-Rixtel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Huberdina VanNeerven were married on July 24, 1894 in Stiphout, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. April 26, 1757, d. November 1807
- Birth: Francis VanNeerven was born on April 26, 1757 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Antonia Dionicy Peeters were married on February 6, 1785 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: Francis VanNeerven and Catharina VandeWeijer were married on January 20, 1799 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Francis VanNeerven died in November 1807, at age 50, in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. circa 1757, d. December 31, 1822
- Birth: Catharina VandeWeijer was born circa 1757.
- Marriage: She and Francis VanNeerven were married on January 20, 1799 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Catharina VandeWeijer died on December 31, 1822 in Bakel en Milheeze, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.