Henry G Wiese
M, b. 1858, d. 1916
- Birth: Henry G Wiese was born in 1858.
- Death: He died in 1916, at age ~58.
F, b. 1895, d. 1960
- Birth: Elizabeth Brochtrup was born in 1895.
- Death: She died in 1960, at age ~65, in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
M, b. May 27, 1907, d. October 1970
- Birth: Louis Brochtrup was born on May 27, 1907.
- Death: He died in October 1970, at age 63, in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
John Philip Lettellier
M, b. January 1, 1896, d. March 21, 1955
- Birth: John Philip Lettellier was born on January 1, 1896 in Butler County, Nebraska.
- Death: He died on March 21, 1955, at age 59, in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
Mary Augusta Bartholome
F, b. September 10, 1905, d. April 24, 1975
- Birth: Mary Augusta Bartholome was born on September 10, 1905 in Butler County, Nebraska.
- Death: She died on April 24, 1975, at age 69, in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
Anthony Christian Lettellier
M, b. June 3, 1898, d. February 23, 1976
- Birth: Anthony Christian Lettellier was born on June 3, 1898.
- Marriage: He and Mary Leona DeWispelare were married on January 26, 1926.
- Death: Anthony Christian Lettellier died on February 23, 1976, at age 77, in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
Mary Leona DeWispelare
F, b. November 9, 1900, d. September 14, 1995
- Birth: Mary Leona DeWispelare was born on November 9, 1900.
- Marriage: She and Anthony Christian Lettellier were married on January 26, 1926.
- Death: Mary Leona DeWispelare died on September 14, 1995, at age 94.
Phillip Julian Nabbefeld
M, b. May 31, 1917, d. January 19, 1972
- Birth: Phillip Julian Nabbefeld was born on May 31, 1917.
- Marriage: He and Theresa Marie Strobl were married in September 1946.
- Death: Phillip Julian Nabbefeld died on January 19, 1972, at age 54, in Catawba, Price Co, Wisconsin.
Dennis Joseph Vandehey
M, b. March 3, 1933, d. January 4, 2010
- Birth: Dennis Joseph Vandehey was born on March 3, 1933 in Forest Grove, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: He died on January 4, 2010, at age 76, in Hillsboro, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Note: Dennis Joseph Vandehey
(March 3, 1933 - January 4, 2010)
Dennis Joseph Vandehey, 76, a longtime resident of the Hillsboro community died, January 4, 2010 at his home.
Graveside services will be held on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at Noon at the St Francis Catholic Cemetery; 39370 NW Mountaindale Rd in Roy, Oregon
Dennis was born on March 3, 1933 in the family farm in Forest Grove, OR. He was one of five children born to William and Anna (Cop) Vandehey. He was raised on the family farm and received his primary education at the Visitation Catholic School in Verboort, OR. He attended Verboort High School and was a graduate from the Class of 1952.
Dennis joined the US Army and served his country during the Korean War. He was honorably discharged in 1955.
Dennis was never married but was close to his siblings and their children. He had worked in several careers throughout his life. He was a mill worker at the Garibaldi Mill, a pilot for chemical application throughout the Valley and also back east, as well as a taxi cab driver in Alaska.
He is preceded in death by his parents and three siblings; Vincent, Glen and Cyril Vandehey
Survivors include a sister; Mildred Delplanche of Forest Grove, OR , three nieces and three nephews.
The family suggest donations to Visitation School Endowment Fund; 4285 NW Visitation Rd. Forest Grove, OR 97116.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
Albert Joseph Cop
M, b. September 16, 1903, d. December 9, 1961
- Birth: Albert Joseph Cop was born on September 16, 1903 in Oregon.
- Death: He died on December 9, 1961, at age 58, in Portland, Multnomah Co, Oregon.
Genevieve Cecilia Reasoner
F, b. May 19, 1911, d. April 1, 1987
- Birth: Genevieve Cecilia Reasoner was born on May 19, 1911 in Idaho.
- Death: She died on April 1, 1987, at age 75, in Gresham, Multnomah Co, Oregon.
Herman P Cop
M, b. November 29, 1884, d. February 11, 1947
- Birth: Herman P Cop was born on November 29, 1884 in Oregon.
- Death: He died on February 11, 1947, at age 62, in Washington County, Oregon.
John J Cop
M, b. 1886, d. 1932
- Birth: John J Cop was born in 1886.
- Death: He died in 1932, at age ~46.
Florence Elizabeth Vuylsteke
F, b. September 30, 1915, d. August 29, 1996
- Birth: Florence Elizabeth Vuylsteke was born on September 30, 1915.
- Death: She died on August 29, 1996, at age 80, in Washington County, Oregon.
Paul Walter Cop
M, b. April 8, 1895, d. June 20, 1967
- Birth: Paul Walter Cop was born on April 8, 1895 in Washington County, Oregon.
- Death: He died on June 20, 1967, at age 72, in Washington County, Oregon.
Lillian M Heynderickx
F, b. April 3, 1893, d. January 1, 1975
- Birth: Lillian M Heynderickx was born on April 3, 1893 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Death: She died on January 1, 1975, at age 81, in Washington County, Oregon.
Robert Paul Cop
M, b. April 21, 1921, d. May 13, 2007
- Birth: Robert Paul Cop was born on April 21, 1921.
- Death: He died on May 13, 2007, at age 86.
- Note: Robert P. "Bob" Cop, 86, a former longtime resident of the Forest Grove community, late of Beaverton, died Sunday afternoon, May 13, 2007 at Providence St. Vincent Hospital in Portland.
Prayer Services will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 11:00 AM at the Fuiten, Rose & Hoyt Funeral Home, 2308 Pacific Avenue in Forest Grove, with Reverend Scott Vandehey of Visitation Catholic Church in Verboort, officiating. Burial Rites and Interment will follow at 1:30 PM at the St. Francis Cemetery in Roy.
Family and friends are invited to attend a reception immediately following the chapel service, to be held in the fellowship room of the funeral home.
ROBERT PAUL "BOB" COP was born April 21, 1921 in Roy, Oregon, the son of the late Paul Walter Cop and Lillian (Heyndericx) Cop. He was raised and received his education in Roy, having attended St. Francis School. He later attended Pacific University in Forest Grove, where he received his Bachelor's Degree.
He was a Veteran of World War II, having joined the U.S. Army in 1941. Bob served for three years until receiving his Honorable Discharge. . Bob was united in marriage to Nanette M. "Nan" Foley on December 27, 1960 in Beaverton, Oregon. Following their marriage they made their home in the Forest Grove community. Bob was preceded in death by his wife, Nan, on February 15, 1990, after celebrating over twenty-nine years of marriage.
On March 23, 1993, Bob married Eva Lopez Velasquez. Following their marriage they made their home in Forest Grove until 2001 when they moved to Beaverton. Bob and Eva celebrated their 14th Wedding Anniversary this past March.
Bob worked as an appraiser for Washington County for over twenty years until 1986 when he retired.
He was a member of the Catholic Church.
Among his interests, Bob enjoyed hunting and fishing. He also loved gardening.
Bob is survived by his wife, Eva Cop, of Beaverton, Oregon; two stepdaughters, Carol Ciotti and her husband, Anthony, of Virginia Beach, Virginia and Maryann Billings and her husband, Kevin, of Lake Oswego, Oregon; three stepsons, Rick Velasquez and his wife, Raeann, of Puyallup, Washington; David Velasquez and his wife, Zeni, of San Diego, California; and Anthony Velasquez and his fiancée, Valerie of Fayetteville, Arkansas; a brother and sister-in-law, Francis and Marvella Cop of Gresham, Oregon; and a sister, Millie Phillips of Portland, Oregon.
Also surviving are his nieces and nephews, Louise Bell and her husband, Bill, of Portland, Oregon; Francis Cop, Jr. and his wife, Lore of Gresham, Oregon; Wayne Phillips of Portland, Oregon and Richard Phillips of Gresham, Oregon.
Fuiten, Rose & Hoyt Funeral Home in Forest Grove is in charge of the arrangements. 503-357-2161
Viewing (Visitation) Hrs: Thursday, 5/17, 12:00 Noon to 5:30 PM
Friday, 5/18, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday, 5/19, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
@ funeral home.
Nanette Marie Foley
F, b. September 2, 1930, d. February 24, 1990
- Birth: Nanette Marie Foley was born on September 2, 1930 in California.
- Death: She died on February 24, 1990, at age 59, in Multnomah County, Oregon.
Francis Joseph Cop
M, b. March 5, 1933, d. July 19, 2010
- Birth: Francis Joseph Cop was born on March 5, 1933 in Forest Grove, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: He died on July 19, 2010, at age 77, in Gresham, Multnomah Co, Oregon.
- Note: Gresham resident Francis Joseph Cop, 77, died Monday, July 19, at his home.
Francis was born March 5, 1933, in Forest Grove to Paul and Lilly Cop. He graduated from Banks High School in Banks and was drafted into the Army on June 4, 1953. Francis served in the Korean War and received a National Defense Service Medal, a Korean Service Medal and a United Nations Service Medal. He was discharged on May 18, 1955.
Francis received an associate degree in office machines from the Oregon Technical Institute. He then began his career as a service manager for SCM Corp.
In April 1962, he married Marvelle Bernards.
Francis did volunteer work with the Foresters and with the Gateway Elks. He was a 52-year member of the Elks and served on the Elks veterans committee. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and woodworking. He also loved to watch his grandchildren in all of their activities.
His brother, Robert Cop, preceded him in death.
Survivors include his wife; son, Francis Cop Jr. of Gresham; daughter, Louise Bell of Portland; sister, Millie Phillips of Portland; and four grandchildren.
Marvelle Patricia Bernards
F, b. September 15, 1935, d. June 23, 2014
- Birth: Marvelle Patricia Bernards was born on September 15, 1935 in Forest Grove, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: She died on June 23, 2014, at age 78.
- Note: Marvelle Patricia Cop
September 15, 1935 - June 23, 2014
Marvelle Patricia Cop, was born September 15, 1935, to Edward and Hilda Bernards in Forest Grove, Oregon. She married Francis Joseph Cop; and from their union they had two children. Marvelle's chosen profession was education; she received her teaching degree from Marylhurst College and started her teaching career at Immaculate Heart School. She then taught in the Centennial School District for 28 years at Lynchwood Elementary School. Her interest included, crafting, baking wedding cakes, gardening, canning and spending time with her family. Marvelle also enjoyed participating in the Multnomah County Fair where she was superintendent of the craft department. She also served as a member and past president of the Gateway Elkettes. Marvelle will always be remembered for her nurturing spirit and her dedication to her faith and family. She will be deeply missed. She is survived by her children Louise Bell and Francis Cop; grandchildren, Spencer Bell, Austin Bell, Adreanna Torralba and Christian Cop.
Thursday, July 03, 2014
Willamette National Cemetery
11800 SE Mt. Scott Blvd.
Happy Valley, Oregon.
Wilhelmina Beatrice VanderZanden
F, b. 1880, d. 1926
- Birth: Wilhelmina Beatrice VanderZanden was born in 1880.
- Death: She died in 1926, at age ~46, in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
Hugh Edward Moore
M, b. February 11, 1873, d. June 25, 1954
- Birth: Hugh Edward Moore was born on February 11, 1873 in Missouri.
- Death: He died on June 25, 1954, at age 81, in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
Vernon Edward VanderZanden
M, b. February 16, 1947, d. March 7, 2016
- Birth: Vernon Edward VanderZanden was born on February 16, 1947 in North Plains, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: He died on March 7, 2016, at age 69, in Hillsboro, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Note: Vernon "Vern" Edward Vanderzanden, 69, a resident of the Forest Grove community passed away on Monday evening March 7, 2016 at the Tuality Community Hospital in Hillsboro.
Recitation of the Holy Rosary will be said at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at Visitation Catholic Church; 4285 NW Visitation Rd. in Verboort.
Funeral Mass will follow at 11:00 a.m.
Family and friends are invited to attend a reception following the Mass held at the parish hall.
Vern was born on February 16, 1947 in North Plains, OR. He was the oldest of eight children born to Clarence and Erma (Meeuwsen) Vanderzanden. He attended St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School in Roy and Banks High School graduating with the class of 1965.
He worked at Gray and Co for several years until he started working for USA (Unified Sewage Agency) AKA Clean Water Services. His job at Clean Water was as a maintenance man in Field Operations and had worked for over 31 years from 1977 to 2008. Vern had lived in Roy, OR until 1975 when he moved to Banks.
He met his loving wife, Diane Miller, while at a Singles Encounter at St Pius X Catholic church in 1995. Their relationship began as good friends and then blossomed into their marriage four years later on June 26, 1999 in Portland, OR. They made their home in Banks until 2000 when they moved to Forest Grove.
Vern was active in the Jaycees for a number of years and involved with the Sunset Park for over 20 years. With the many years at the Sunset Park as caretaker he was also known for being the "Bartender" at the Bank's Tractor Pull - Bar BQ in the month of August each year. He and Diane worked 15+ years thru St Pius X Catholic Church serving meals once a month at a Men's shelter in Portland, OR. At the Verboort Sausage dinner you could find Vern helping out in making the Kraut, peeling potatoes and helping with the sausage making but you would always find him on the day of the dinner being the North-side Door Man meeting and greeting people. Both him and Diane would be in charge of the making of the Meatballs for St. Anthony's spaghetti dinner that was held in the month of February. Vern had a passion for cooking and described himself as a "Textured Cook". He was known for his homemade Bar BQ rub and for his barbequed Turkey at Thanksgiving. He and Diane enjoyed canning the garden produce together and Vern could make a mean Spaghetti Sauce from his Tomatoes. He was a judge for the PNWBA (Pacific NW Bar BQ Association) and enjoyed the many events he and Diane judged. He enjoyed the outdoors hunting, fishing, clamming, crabbing, camping and his 1960's music "Duane Eddy" and the "The Ventures". His favorite TV character was "Jackie Gleason" and was told that he resembled Jackie with humor and stories. He loved the beach and he and Diane would often take day Road trips to the beach stopping at plant nurseries along the way getting Oysters to BBQ at home and eating at their favorite spot in Astoria, OR at the Bow Picker to get their (Tuna) Fish and chips. Vern and Diane had a standard Friday night date of watching on TV Gardening with Cisco and listening to In the Garden with Mike Darcy on FM 101.1. Vern loved watching the birds and built a bird shelter for the bird feeders. When it came Spring and the Finches returned to the area you would find people stopping in front of his home to watch up to 75+ yellow Finches feeding. He was a Western movie buff, and a Washington County Master Gardener and was known in the community as the Tomato Guy.
He is preceded in death by his parents and a brother; Steve Vanderzanden.
Vern is survived by his loving wife; Diane, three children and a son-in-law. Tom Vanderzanden of Spokane, WA , Kate and Brandon Baker of Seattle, WA, Andrew Vanderzanden of Portland, OR, six siblings and their spouses; Herb and Charlene Vanderzanden of Forest Grove, Janet and Allen VanDyke of Verboort, Barb McBeth and her companion, Norm McPhail both of Hillsboro, Pat and Lori Vanderzanden of Buxton, Jim and Agnes Vanderzanden of Vancouver, OR, Scott and Susie Vanderzanden of Roy, sister-in-law; Betty Vanderzanden of Roy, sister and brother-in-law, Carolyn and Robert Littlepage, three grandchildren; Lucy Jane, Violet, Hannah, many nieces and nephews and great-nieces and nephews.
After going to church one Sunday, Vern mentioned how nice it would be to have benches with backs on them on the church grounds. Family suggest donations go to Visitation Catholic Church/"Vern's Bench" or donations to Shiners Hospital for Children/Portland, Oregon.
Posted by Duyck & VanDeHey Funeral Home.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Steven Joseph VanderZanden
M, b. May 29, 1948, d. November 25, 2008
- Birth: Steven Joseph VanderZanden was born on May 29, 1948.
- Death: He died on November 25, 2008, at age 60, in Hillsboro, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Note: Steven Joseph Vanderzanden
Vanderzanden Recitation of the rosary followed by a funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 1, 2008, in St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Roy for Steven Joseph Vanderzanden, who died Nov. 25 at age 60.
Steven Joseph Vanderzanden was born May 29, 1948, in Hillsboro. He graduated from Banks High School and served in the Oregon National Guard. He was a warehouseman for Tektronix who also worked for Aladdin Trailers. In 1968, he married Betty Delplanche.
Survivors include his wife; sons, Mark and Jeff; daughter, Kim; brothers, Vern, Pat, Jim, Herb and Scott; and sisters, Barb McBeth and Janet VanDuyck.
Remembrances to St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School. Arrangements by Duyck & VanDeHey.
Friday, November 28, 2008.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America