Arnold Clark Broadhurst
M, b. June 11, 1916, d. June 2, 1982
- Birth: Arnold Clark Broadhurst was born on June 11, 1916 in Montana.
- Marriage: He and Margaret Maye Lappen were married on January 10, 1942 in Portland, Multnomah Co, Oregon.
- Divorce: Arnold Clark Broadhurst and Margaret Maye Lappen were divorced in 1974.
- Death: Arnold Clark Broadhurst died on June 2, 1982, at age 65, in Salem, Oregon.
F, b. 1883
- Birth: Barbara Chopin was born in 1883 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George Ashbrook were married on May 20, 1911 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co, Michigan.
M, b. 1879
- Birth: George Ashbrook was born in 1879 in Indiana.
- Marriage: He and Barbara Chopin were married on May 20, 1911 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co, Michigan.
M, b. March 30, 1887
- Birth: Tony Chopin was born on March 30, 1887.
- Marriage: He and Mamie McCloy were married on September 26, 1905 in Wood County, Wisconsin.
F, b. 1186, d. 1921
- Birth: Mamie McCloy was born in 1186.
- Marriage: She and Tony Chopin were married on September 26, 1905 in Wood County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mamie McCloy died in 1921, at age ~735.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1880
- Birth: Bernard Chopin was born circa 1880.
- Marriage: He and Emma Madison were married on October 14, 1905 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co, Michigan.
F, b. 1884
- Birth: Emma Madison was born in 1884.
- Marriage: She and Bernard Chopin were married on October 14, 1905 in Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Co, Michigan.
M, b. circa 1790, d. September 24, 1895
- Birth: Antonie Chopin was born circa 1790 in Québec, Canada.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Ancel Anselme were married.
- Death: Antonie Chopin died on September 24, 1895 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Catherine Ancel Anselme
Max A Chopin
M, b. 1906, d. April 7, 1937
- Birth: Max A Chopin was born in 1906.
- Death: He died on April 7, 1937, at age ~31.
- Burial: He was buried in South Lawrence Cemetery, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Appleton, Wisconsin, Outagamie County
Wednesday, April 7, 1937
One Killed, Three Hurt in Auto Accident
Max Chopin, 30, Menasha, Succumbs to Injuries
Two Appleton People in Critical Condition At Hospital
Menasha - One person is dead, two are in a critical condition and a fourth is being treated at Theda Clark hospital for injuries as a result of a head-on collision of two automobiles about 5:30 Tuesday afternoon near "devil's bend" on Highway 114 a mile north of Menasha.
Dr. G. A. Steele, Winnebago county coroner, Paul Neubauer, sheriff, and L. C. Magnusen, district attorney, were expected in Menasha this afternoon to investigate the accident.
Max Chopin, 30, 282 Tayco street, Menasha, skull fracture, internal injuries and broken bones.
Charles Rector, 37, 230 N. Morrison street, Appleton, skull fracture, lacerations and broken bones. He is not expected to live.
Mrs. Beatrice Reck, 31, 331 S. Memorial drive, Appleton, fractured jaw, broken legs and arms, scalp laceration. Condition is critical.
Floyd Reck, 9, son of Mrs. Bernice Reck, head injury and undetermined body injuries. Condition reported good this morning.
Chopin, who died at 10:35 this morning without regaining consciousness, was the driver of one machine and Rector of the other. Mrs. Reck and her son were occupants of the Rector car.
County police believed the accident occurred when Chopin, going east, apparently moved toward the left lane to make a turn onto a side road while the Rector machine came around the curve. Both autos were demolished by the impact.
Rushed To Hospital
A bystander rushed the Reck boy to Theda Clark hospital while a truck, which stopped at the scene, carried Rector and Mrs. Reck to the hospital. Chopin was taken to the hospital by the Neenah ambulance.
County and city police arrived shortly after the accident to keep a crowd of about 200 persons off the highway.
Chopin moved to Menasha less than a year ago. Survivors are the widow; his father, Bernard Chopin, West DePere; two brothers, Clarence, West DePere; Gordon, Shirley; and a sister, Miss Elsie Chopin, West DePere. The body has been taken to the Laemmrich Funeral home.
Adelia Mabel Burt
F, b. January 25, 1912, d. May 2, 1968
- Birth: Adelia Mabel Burt was born on January 25, 1912 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 2, 1968, at age 56, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Oshkosh Daily Northwestern
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, Winnebago County
Friday, May 3, 1968
Mrs. Harvey Behnke
922 W. Spring St.
Age 56, passed away at 8:15 Thursday evening unexpectedly. She was born Jan. 25, 1912 in the Town of Lawrence, Brown County, and had lived in Appleton for the past 28 years. She was a former rural school teacher before her marriage. She was a member of the Mt. Olive Lutheran Church and the Ladies Aid. Survivors are her husband, Harvey; one daughter, Mrs. Donald (Helen) Meyer, Appleton; two grandsons, Wesley and Wayne; one sister, Mrs. Clarence Chopin, E. De Pere, Wis.; two brothers, Henry Burt, Mt. Vernon, Ohio; and Jesse Burt, Fredrick Town, Ohio. Funeral services will be held at 2 o'clock Monday afternoon at the Mt. Olive Lutheran Church with the Rev. R. E. Ziesemer officiating. Burial will be in Highland Memorial Park. Friends may call at the Brettschneider-Trettin Funeral Home after 2 o'clock Sunday afternoon until 10 o'clock Monday morning and after 11 o'clock at the church. A memorial fund has been established.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
F, b. January 30, 1907, d. November 25, 2003
- Birth: Dorothy Vavrunek was born on January 30, 1907.
- Marriage: She and George Anthony Geniesse were married on November 28, 1934 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dorothy Vavrunek died on November 25, 2003, at age 96, in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
Rowland Joseph Geniesse
M, b. February 1, 1939, d. December 4, 2016
- Birth: Rowland Joseph Geniesse was born on February 1, 1939 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Carolyn Kitchen were married on November 25, 1961 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: Rowland Joseph Geniesse died on December 4, 2016, at age 77, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Note: Rowland Joseph Geniesse, 77, passed away on Sunday, December 4, 2016, at St. Paul Elder Services in Kaukauna. He was born on February 1, 1939, in Marinette to George and Dorothy (Vavrunek) Geniesse.
Rowland grew up in Marinette and graduated from Our Lady of Lourdes School in 1957. On November 25, 1961, he married Carolyn Kitchen at St. Williams Church in Menominee. Rowland served in the United States Navy aboard the USS Intrepid, and later worked at Kimberly Clark for about 40 years. He enjoyed camping and put on fish boils in Door County in his retirement.
He was a member of Holy Family Parish.
Rowland is survived by his wife, Carolyn; son, Robert (Inga) Geniesse of Germany and their daughter Uma, also Sarah, Caleb, Amy and Madeline and their mother Patricia; son, Joseph (Christine) Geniesse of Black Creek and their children Benjamin, Bridget, Hannah, Joseph II, Erin, Martin, Patrick, Samuel, MaryClaire and Owen; Daughter, Laurie (Bobby) Bruce of Edinboro, Penn. and their children Kelly, Daniel and Myles; and son, Paul (Jessica) Geniesse of Suring and their children Chris, Jayden and Carley. He is further survived by his brothers and sisters, Kathleen Geniesse, George (Kathy) Geniesse, Donna (Robert) Kohlman, Richard (Sherry) Geniesse, and John Geniesse; along with numerous nieces and nephews, and was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Hansen-Onion-Martell funeral home on Wednesday, December 7, 2016, from 4 until 7 p.m. with a vigil service beginning at 7 p.m. A mass will be held at Holy Family Parish - Our Lady of Lourdes church on Thursday, December 8, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. with the Rev. Celestine Byekwaso officiating. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery, Menominee.
The family would like to thank St. Paul Elder Services of Kaukauna for their excellent care of Rowland.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of your choice in memory of Rowland.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Dec. 7, 2016.
F, b. February 21, 1942, d. January 12, 2018
- Birth: Carolyn Kitchen was born on February 21, 1942.
- Marriage: She and Rowland Joseph Geniesse were married on November 25, 1961 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: Carolyn Kitchen died on January 12, 2018, at age 75, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Note: Carolyn was born on February 21, 1942 and passed away on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Carolyn was a resident of Wisconsin at the time of passing.
She graduated from Menominee High School in 1960.
Friends may call at Hansen-Onion-Martell funeral home on Sunday, January 14, 2018 from 4 until 7 p.m. with a vigil service beginning at 7 p.m. There will be a visitation from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and Mass at 11:00 a.m. with the Rev. Bill Swichtenberg officiating. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery, Menominee, MI The family would like to thank St. Paul Elder Services of Kaukauna, WI for their excellent care of Rowland and Carolyn.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Paul Elder Services of Kaukauna, WI in memory of Rowland and Carolyn Geniesse.
Lila V Roberts
F, b. October 23, 1922, d. December 5, 2016
- Birth: Lila V Roberts was born on October 23, 1922 in Maple Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gordon Lendved were married on November 7, 1945.
- Death: Lila V Roberts died on December 5, 2016, at age 94, in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Graceland Cemetery, Clintonville, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lila V. Lendved, age 94 of Clintonville passed away peacefully Monday evening, December 5, 2016 at the Greentree Health & Rehabilitation Center in Clintonville.
Lila was born on October 23, 1922 in the Town of Maple Creek, Outagamie County as the daughter of the late Emery and Martha (Linke) Roberts. Lila was baptized into the Catholic faith as a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Bear Creek. She attended school in New London and later graduated from Hortonville High School in 1940. Lila later met Gordon Lendved at a local dance and the couple were united in marriage on November 7, 1945 in Three Lakes. The married couple then resided in the Town of Deer Creek, Outagamie County and were members of Grace Lutheran Church in Bear Creek. Gordon then preceded Lila in death on January 3, 1999. Shortly after his death, Lila moved to an apartment in Clintonville and became a member of St. Rose Catholic Church. She always had a beautiful flower garden; especially when it came to growing her gladiolas & dahlias. Lila loved to dance, and enjoyed playing cards. She especially loved it when she had an opportunity to play sheephead with her grandchildren. Lila will be remembered as a loving wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & great-great-grandmother who cared very much for her family.
Her Children: Carol Bethke, Madison; Gary (Connie) Lendved, Kaukauna; Pam (Larry) Olson, Pulaski; & Linda (Mark) Mauel, Clintonville.
Grandchildren: Kimberly (John) Burton; Lisa Bethke; Rory (Kara) Lendved; Laura (Fiance Jeff Weiners) Lendved; Nicole (Fiance Chuck Gill) Lendved; Marcus Lendved; Dawn (Fiance Jamie Sinnaeve) Tooley; Dan (Karen) Tooley; Andy (Stephanie) Bonikowske; Keane (Fiance Stephanie Edwards) Rydzewski; & Dustin (Friend Emily Henschel) Rydzewski.
Great-Grandchildren: Aaron (Samantha), Abigail, Alex, Hollie, Sara, Ethan, Emma, Easton, Cayla, Adelyn, Alya, Annalese, Maddie, Kaia, Chloe, & Brody.
A Great-Great-Granddaughter: Piper, daughter of Aaron & Samantha.
Also 3 nieces and a nephew.
Lila was preceded in death by her parents, husband Gordon, son Timothy "Bear" Lendved, a son-in-law James Bethke, a grandson-in-law Chris Shoemaker, a brother Walter (Anne) Roberts, and sisters Mabel (Paul) Francowiak & Viola (Raymond) Scholl.
Lila's Mass of Christian Burial will be held Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 11 AM at the St. Rose Catholic Church in Clintonville with Deacon Lincoln Wood & Rev. Jack Mullarkey officiating. Interment will follow at the Graceland Cemetery in Clintonville. Friends may call at the church on Saturday from 9 AM until the time of the service. The Eberhardt-Stevenson Funeral Home & Crematory of Clintonville is assisting her family. www.eberhardtstevenson.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Dec. 7, 2016.
M, b. November 7, 1920, d. January 3, 1999
- Birth: Gordon Lendved was born on November 7, 1920.
- Marriage: He and Lila V Roberts were married on November 7, 1945.
- Death: Gordon Lendved died on January 3, 1999, at age 78.
- Burial: He was buried in Graceland Cemetery, Clintonville, Wisconsin.
Gary Gordon Lendved
Timothy Lee Lendved
M, b. March 1, 1952, d. November 29, 2005
- Birth: Timothy Lee Lendved was born on March 1, 1952.
- Death: He died on November 29, 2005, at age 53.