Gordon Lee Smet
M, b. September 15, 1955, d. November 28, 2016
- Birth: Gordon Lee Smet was born on September 15, 1955.
- Marriage: He was married on June 12, 1993.
- Death: He died on November 28, 2016, at age 61.
- Note: Gordon Lee "Gordy" Smet, 61, Hortonville, passed away in the early hours of November 28, 2016. The son of John and Gertrude (Weidenhaft) Smet was born on September 15, 1955.
Gordon graduated from Green Bay Preble High School with the class of 1975. He continued his education at UW-Whitewater and NWTC. He was a laborer and volunteered at the Athelstane Fire Department for many years.
On May 15, 1987, he met Patricia "Pat" Clover and they married in Green Bay on June 12, 1993.
He enjoyed fishing, traveling, working on cars and cutting grass and blowing snow for everyone in the neighborhood.
Above all, he loved spending time with his family and friends. He was a very proud Papa to six grandchildren.
Gordon is survived by his wife Pat; children, Tanya (Clayton) Bub, Tony Nelson and Katie Sierra; and grandchildren, Drake, Grace, Emory, Emalia, Yanitzia and Yakira.
He is further survived by his siblings, Constance Hetrick, Gene Smet, Lyndon Smet (Tina Rupar), Meleese Hilliker, David Smet and Kathy Smet; father-in-law, Peter Clover; siblings-in-law, as well as a special nephew, Ryan (Rachel) Paschen and their daughter, Hailey.
Gordon was preceded in death by his siblings, Karlene (Al) Richert, Sydney and Donnie Kirby, and Patrick Smet; and mother-in-law Dolores Clover.
Family and friends may call at Ryan Funeral Home, 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere on Thursday, December 1, 2016 beginning at 4:00 PM. A Prayer Service will take place at 7:00 PM with Pastor Julie Wrubble-Lange officiating.
Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Smet family.
The family would like to extend thanks to everyone who showed kindness and support during Gordy's journey, and a special thank you to Mark and Jean Honzik.
Family: Karl Kohn (b. September 28, 1850)
- Henriette Ida Kohn (b. November 22, 1872, d. November 22, 1875)
- Carl Sixtus Kohn (b. November 22, 1874, d. March 28, 1885)
- Caroline Kohn (b. September 13, 1876)
- William Kohn (b. April 12, 1879)
- Margaret Kohn (b. January 26, 1881)
- Annie E Kohn (b. January 19, 1884)
- Marriage: Margaretha Murdach and Karl Kohn were married on May 16, 1872 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
Carl Sixtus Kohn
M, b. November 22, 1874, d. March 28, 1885
- Birth: Carl Sixtus Kohn was born on November 22, 1874 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Baptism: He was baptized on December 4, 1875 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on March 28, 1885, at age 10, in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Religious Affiliation: He was affiliated with Luthern.
Annie E Kohn
F, b. January 19, 1884
- Birth: Annie E Kohn was born on January 19, 1884 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
F, b. January 26, 1881
- Birth: Margaret Kohn was born on January 26, 1881 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
Henriette Ida Kohn
F, b. November 22, 1872, d. November 22, 1875
- Birth: Henriette Ida Kohn was born on November 22, 1872 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died on November 22, 1875, at age 3, in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
F, b. September 13, 1876
- Birth: Caroline Kohn was born on September 13, 1876 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
M, b. April 12, 1879
- Birth: William Kohn was born on April 12, 1879 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
Barbara Jean Kleuskens
Raymond M Bodway
M, b. October 19, 1938, d. November 28, 2016
- Birth: Raymond M Bodway was born on October 19, 1938.
- Divorce: He was divorced on June 23, 1980.
- Marriage: He and Marie Julia Higgins were married on February 8, 1991 in LasVegas, Clark Co, Nevada.
- Death: Raymond M Bodway died on November 28, 2016, at age 78.
- Note: RAYMOND M. BODWAY JR. passed away Monday, November 28, 2016 at home surrounded by family after a long battle with cancer. He was born October 19, 1938 to Clara (Zeigler) and Raymond M. Bodway, Sr. He served in the United States Marine Corp. He was married to Marie J. Jones who preceded him in death in 2012.
Ray's passion was his business, Fiber & Pallet Recycling in Green Bay and Black Creek, Wisconsin. He enjoyed country music, Country USA, dancing to the band "Rim Shots", camping, gambling, NASCAR racing and was a Green Bay Packer fan. This man was the most kind and caring man who loved everyone and was always willing to follow his heart.
He met Annette Baehman and found love again. She has been a very special person in all of our lives.
Brothers; Robert (Bob) Bodway, Norman (Millie) Bodway, Doony (Sally) Bodway, Richard "Dick" (Joyce) Bodway and one sister Audrey Krull and one sister-in-law Sue Bodway and many nieces and nephews.
He is survived by his children, Susan (Dan) Ulman, Wayne (Marilyn) Bodway, Lisa (Bob) Strelka, Bonnie Pierce, Brenda Boerst. Grandchildren, Trent Von Sagun, Brooke Von Sagun, Carrlssa (John) Johann, Melinda Bodway, Darrin Pierce, Austin Marcks, Brandon Marcks, Matthew Boerst, Michael Boerst.
Bryan (Alissa) Strelka and Justin Strelka. He was blessed with 8 Great Grandchildren. Another very special friend was Randall (Buck) Olson and his four-legged friends, Daisy Mae, Candy, Lady and Bucky.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Marie, brothers and sister-in-law Kenny and Janet Bodway and Norbert Bodway and two infant Grand-daughters, Victoria Boerst and Brianna Marcks.
The family would like to thank the staff at Fox Valley Oncology & Hematology, Dr. Goggins, and St. Elizabeth's Hospital 4'*" Floor, Fremont Street staff, and the team from Heartland Hospice Care.
Services will be held at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 226 Washington St., Menasha, Wi 54952. Visitation will be held from 9 to 11a.m., Service at 11:00a.m. with F. Ralph Osborne officiating a luncheon will follow service.
In lieu of flowers, please donate to St. Jude's Children's Cancer Center by email @ www.stjude.org.
He will be dearly missed by all of us.
Death leaves a pain that nothing can heal but love leaves a memory that nothing can steal.
Online condolences can be made at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Bonnie Fay Bodway