- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
F, b. February 29, 1916, d. July 1952
- Birth: Elnora Schimke was born on February 29, 1916.
- Death: She died in July 1952, at age 36.
Betty Louise Spoehr
F, b. August 15, 1932, d. October 29, 2016
- Birth: Betty Louise Spoehr was born on August 15, 1932 in Shiocton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on June 30, 1949.
- Death: She died on October 29, 2016, at age 84.
- Note: Betty Louise (Spoehr) Manion of Appleton, age 84, passed away peacefully at home on October 29, 2016. She was born in Shiocton on August 15, 1932, daughter of the late Nicholas and Elnora Spoehr. Betty married Patrick Manion on June 30, 1949 and they were married for 67 years. She lived in Oshkosh and Dale for many years. There she managed the Manion Plastering business for over 40 years, was an antique dealer, and taught furniture restoration at Fox Valley Technical College. She enjoyed gardening, refurbishing furniture, travel, bowling, dancing, and playing cards, particularly poker. But her most beloved, cherished activity was spending time with her family and friends.
Betty is survived by her husband, Patrick Manion, Appleton, her six children and their families: Barbara (Curtis) Manion-Platt, Avoca, and their children Elizabeth and Jonathan (Claire); Timothy (Melody), New London, and their children Sean and Meredith; Patrick "Rick" (Nancy) Jr., Minneapolis, MN, and their children Brian, Katherine (Kelly), Megan (Colin), and Natalie; Dennis (Caron), Watertown, and their children Timothy (Amy), Rebecca, Christina, and Joseph; Bart (Berit), Bozeman, MT, and their children Benjamin and Nicholas; and John, Kaukauna, and his children Lindsey and Mitchell; her four great-grandchildren: Emma, Vivienne, Olivia, and Brayden; her sisters and brother: Violet Hawkins, Nancy Zelhofner, Joyce Yearwood, Ann (Robert) Hinterman, and David (Barbara) Spoehr; her brother-in-law, John Belonger; and many nieces and nephews and special friends.
Family and friends are invited to the funeral service for Betty at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at VALLEY FUNERAL HOME, with Pastor Mike Huff officiating. Visitation will be at the funeral home from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service.
Timothy Edward Manion
Mark John Zanders
M, b. December 16, 1961, d. October 29, 2016
- Birth: Mark John Zanders was born on December 16, 1961 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 29, 2016, at age 54.
- Note: Mark J. Zanders passed away at the age of 55 on Saturday October 29, 2016 while sitting in his deer stand waiting for a trophy buck to pass by.
He was born in Neenah, WI on December 16, 1961 to John (Jack) and Sharon (Wilson) Zanders. Mark was the oldest of two children.
On March 14, 1992 Mark was united in marriage to Jennifer Kuchenbecker. He called her his "Honey Bunny" and they shared 24 years of the ups and the downs of life together and they raised two amazing children; Dane and Lauren Zanders. Mark adored his children and he was very proud of their accomplishments and excited for their futures. His friends and family will remember Mark as being a fun loving guy with simple needs yet complex thoughts and ideas. He was a genius at anything mechanical or engine related. If he couldn't fix something, then you knew no one else could. Mark also had the gift of gab and he could make a friend out of an acquaintance very quickly. Mark's most recent career was operating a small engine repair business. He also spent many years in the home remodeling and construction trade, and he worked his way to the Master Plumber level when working for Homite Water Conditioning. In his children's younger years Mark served on the board and was a coach for Suburban Athletics Inc. Baseball was a passion he carried over from his own days as a youth player and he very much enjoyed passing on this passion to his children and volunteering for the program. Mark also loved hunting, fishing, watching football, NASCAR races and classic movies. He also enjoyed tinkering on his endless list of inventions and projects.
He is survived by his wife of 24 years; Jennifer, a son; Dane, a daughter; Lauren, his mother; Sharon (Zanders) Osenroth, his sister; Lynne Zander, and her son, his nephew; Sterling Parkhurst, and special aunt; Carole All. Mark's surviving "out-laws" include his mother in law; Judy Kuchenbecker, sister and brother in law; Pam and Brian Piechocki and their children; Maddy, Gabby, and Evan. Also included is a long list of loving aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. He was preceded in death by his father; John (Jack) Zanders, stepfather; Ted Osenroth, and father in law; Douglas Kuchenbecker, and uncles Gene, Leslie, and Roy Wilson and Jerry All.
A memorial service for Mark will be held on Friday, November 4th at 5:00 pm at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home, 205 W. Doty Ave., with Rev. Douglas Engelbrecht officiating. Visitation will be held from 2:00 pm until the hour of the service. In lieu of flowers please make a donation to either Trinity Lutheran School, Neenah or Fox Valley Lutheran High School, Appleton for tuition assistance. Special thanks to Bill Mindel, Aaron Tollefson, and the Winnebago County Fire and Rescue and EMTs for their swift response and efforts to find and take care of Mark that night.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Nov. 2, 2016.
Jennifer Marie Kuchenbecker
Ted B Osenroth
M, b. April 15, 1933, d. November 3, 2008
- Birth: Ted B Osenroth was born on April 15, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 1, 1978 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 3, 2008, at age 75.