Gordon Thomas Riehl
Robert E Schueler
M, b. September 18, 1927, d. October 29, 2016
- Birth: Robert E Schueler was born on September 18, 1927.
- Marriage: He and Rita Rose Schlaefer were married on October 20, 1956 in Lomira, Dodge Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert E Schueler died on October 29, 2016, at age 89, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert "Bob" E. Schueler, passed away peacefully on the morning of October 29, 2016, with family by his side at Park View Health Center, Oshkosh. Bob was born on September 18, 1927, the son of Erwin and Verona (Wettstein) Schueler.
During high school Bob was involved with many activities including his passion for basketball. He graduated from Winneconne High School in 1945. Bob was a World War II Army veteran and proudly took the honor flight to Washington DC in 2012. He married Rita Rose Schlaefer on October 20, 1956, in Lomira WI. They made their home near Zittau, WI and later in Winneconne, WI. She preceded him in death in 1979. Bob was a member of St Mary Catholic Church in Winneconne since 1941. Following the precedent set by his father Erwin, Bob served for 21 years on the Winneconne School Board.
After moving from Appleton during high school Bob pursued cheese making at the family's Peerless Cheese Factory located near Zittau. He then went on to work in the paper industry, retiring from Kimberly Clark.
Bob especially enjoyed time at the cottage in Boom Bay on Lake Poygan with his family. From fishing to water skiing to bird watching, he shared his love for living on the water with family and friends.
After retirement, Bob enjoyed traveling with his special friend, Marilyn Coates, to many destinations including Hawaii, Alaska, Branson, Missouri, and California. Throughout his life he was an avid sports fan following the Brewers and Packers.
Bob was preceded in death by his wife, Rita; sisters-in-law and brother-in-law, Aggie Schlaefer, and Helen and Al Zeleski.
Survivors include a very special friend, Marilyn Coates; three daughters, Anne (Steve) Haberkorn, Cathy (Scott) Behn, and Susie (Marty) Collins; two sons, Tim Schueler and Joe Schueler; brothers, Jerry (Jean), Ronald "Skip" (Mary Alice), Chuck (Winkie); six grandchildren, Chris Williams, Emily Radtke, Mike Radtke, Matt Schueler, Eric Schueler, Hayley Schueler; six great-grandchildren, Collin, Jesse, Linkoln, Adrian, Brielle, Violet; along with many nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. Bob also enjoyed time spent with the numerous dogs his friends and family owned.
A visitation for family and friends will be on Saturday, November 5, 2016, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church 210 Pleasant Dr. Winneconne. A funeral Mass will be held on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at the church. Military honors will follow. Burial will be in the Winneconne Cemetery. Following the graveside service a luncheon will be served.
Bob's family would like to thank Ascension Hospice Care, Affinity Clinic on Jackson Street in Oshkosh, Dr. Kenneth Geller, and the Park View Health Center staff.
If you wish please submit online condolences to muellerfuneralhomeinc.com.
Rita Rose Schlaefer
F, b. November 26, 1927, d. May 13, 1979
- Birth: Rita Rose Schlaefer was born on November 26, 1927.
- Marriage: She and Robert E Schueler were married on October 20, 1956 in Lomira, Dodge Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Rita Rose Schlaefer died on May 13, 1979, at age 51.
Patricia Lee Wegener
Claire J Steinfeldt
F, b. October 23, 1952, d. October 28, 2016
- Birth: Claire J Steinfeldt was born on October 23, 1952 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 28, 2016, at age 64.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Claire J. Steinfeldt, 64, Green Bay, passed away unexpectedly on Friday, October 28, 2016 at home. She was born on October 23, 1952 in Green Bay to the late William E. and Rosalie W. (Bushmaker) Steinfeldt. Claire began her career at the State Bank of De Pere and later retired after many years at Bank Mutual. Claire also enjoyed working at P.J.'s Collectibles and most recently, June Bugs Gifts and Christmas. In her spare time Claire enjoyed volunteering, especially for the Altrusa House of Green Bay where she would volunteer her time and baking talents during their semi-annual booyah and pie sale. She will also be sadly missed by the Brown County Fair Association and Wings Over Wisconsin where she also volunteered. Most of all, Claire loved her family and spending time with them no matter what the activity. Claire's family was very important to her and her love for them was apparent to all she met. She was an avid cook and loved baking especially with her family during the holidays. Her nieces and nephews will never forget the countless holidays Claire made so memorable with her fun loving personality and guarantee of enough food to feed an army.
Claire will be missed by many, especially her family, including siblings: Carol (Joe) Nowak, Roger (Brenda) Steinfeldt, Mark (Sheila) Steinfeldt, Glen (Ann) Steinfeldt; nieces and nephews: Andrew Nowak, Peter (Colleen) Nowak, Amy (Matt ) Lemon, Katlyn (Mike) Lambrecht, Amanda Steinfeldt, Dillion Steinfeldt; great niece, Haley Lemon and great nephews, Carson Lambrecht and Fritz Nowak.
Claire is welcomed into heaven by her parents, whom she greatly missed since their passing, and her two infant brothers, Gerard and Peter.
Family and friends may visit at Cotter Funeral Home, 860 N. Webster Ave, De Pere, on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, from 4pm-8pm, with a parish prayer service at 7pm. Visitation will continue on Wednesday, November 2 at St. Matthew Catholic Church, 130 St. Matthew St., Allouez from 9:30am to 10:15am. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated for Claire on Wednesday at 10:30am with Rev. Robert Kabat officiating. Interment will be in the Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Cotter Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cotterfuneralhome.com
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Tom and the Staff at June Bugs.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established for the Altrusa House in Claire's name.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Oct. 30 to Nov. 1, 2016.
Carol Ann Steinfeldt
Roger William Steinfeldt
Glen E Steinfeldt
M, b. September 17, 1960, d. March 13, 2017
- Birth: Glen E Steinfeldt was born on September 17, 1960 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 27, 2006 in Allouez, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 13, 2017, at age 56.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Glen E. Steinfeldt, 56, Suamico, passed away, Monday morning, March 13, 2017, surrounded by his family. The son of the late William and Rosalie (Bushmaker) Steinfeldt was born September 17, 1960 in Green Bay. Glen graduated from Premontre High School class of 1978. Glen married Ann Haines, October 27, 2006 at St. Matthew Catholic Church in Allouez. He worked as the Environmental Services Manager at Halron Lubricants for many years. Glen enjoyed hunting pheasant with his dogs, fishing and trap shooting as well as spending time at the cabin. He enjoyed attending sports banquets, and received several awards including the Boone-Crocket Award for bagging a 15pt buck and a State Award for trap shooting.
Surviving are his loving wife Ann, siblings; Carol (Joe) Nowak, Roger (Brenda) Steinfeldt and Mark (Sheila) Steinfeldt, mother in law, Harriett Haines, sisters and brothers in law; Terri (Dave) Wick, Doris Haines-Staddler, Rod (Donna) Haines, Steve (Mary Jo) Haines, Bob (Debbie) Haines, Wayne (Maggie) Haines and Kathy (Mike Demuth) Haines. He is further survived by many nieces, great nieces and nephews.
Glen was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, Claire and two infant brothers, Gerard and Peter, also by father in law, Darold Haines, brother in law, Paul Staddler and infant sister in law, Susan Haines.
Family and friends may call at Cotter Funeral Home, 860 N Webster Ave, De Pere from 4 until 8pm Wednesday, March 15, 2017 with parish prayer service at 7pm Wednesday. Visitation will continue Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 9:30 to 10:45am at St. Matthew Catholic Church, 130 St. Matthew St., Allouez. Mass of Christian Burial 11am Thursday at the church with Rev. Robert Kabat officiating. Interment in Allouez Catholic Cemetery.
In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established in Glen's memory. Ann would like to thank Green Bay Oncology and the St. Vincent's 9th floor staff for the compassionate care of Glen and his family. Online condolences may be expressed to the family at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Mar. 14 to Mar. 15, 2017.