Mary Kay DeLaet
Marjorie S DeLaet
Paul Anthony DeLaet
Gladys Marguerite Johnson
F, b. March 5, 1923, d. May 11, 2016
- Birth: Gladys Marguerite Johnson was born on March 5, 1923 in Illinois.
- Death: She died on May 11, 2016, at age 93, in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gladys Marguerite Davis, 93, former Wausaukee, WI and Two Rivers, WI resident, ended her Earthly Journey and began her Heavenly Journey on Wednesday, May 11, 2016, at the St. Mary's Home at Felician Village in Manitowoc, WI. She was born March 5, 1923, in Illinois, to the late Rudolph and Marguerite Johnson and has been a longtime area resident.
Gladys was a graduate of the Wausaukee High School.
Gladys married Frederick Edelbeck, June 14, 1941, and he preceded her in death April 1, 1980.
She later married Thomas Davis in January of 1989 and he preceded her in death in 1998.
She and her husband Fred, owned and operated Fred & Glads Clothing Store in Wausaukee for many years.
She also remodeled homes. Gladys was a member of the TPA, she excelled in oil painting, and enjoyed reading, fishing, traveling, yard work, and being in the outdoors. She also enjoyed crocheting, and loved spending time with her family, especially with her grandchildren.
Gladys is survived by one daughter, Carol Niven and her partner, Gary Schmitz, of Cleveland, Wis.; one son, James Edelbeck of Manitowoc, WI; one grandaughter, Chermaine (John) Meissner of Two Rivers, WI; two great-grandchildren: Cardan Meissner and James Wolfe; and by one great-great grandson, Joseph Wolfe; and by many good friends and loved ones.
In addition to her parents and her husband's, she was also preceded in death by three grandsons: Peter, Joseph, and James Wolfe; one brother, Armand Johnson, two sisters: Jean Daily and Shirley Kincaid
Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Wausaukee, WI with the Reverend Donald Burkart officiating with burial of her cremated remains to follow in the Evergreen Cemetery in Wausaukee. Relatives and friends may call after 10 a.m. on Saturday at the church, until the time of service at 11 a.m.
©Lambert-Eckert Funeral Home of Mishicot, WI
published Marinette EagleHerald, May 14, 2016 page 5.
M, b. November 1, 1929, d. October 16, 2016
- Birth: Clarence Bungert was born on November 1, 1929.
- Marriage: He was married in 1951.
- Death: He died on October 16, 2016, at age 86.
- Note: Clarence Bungert, age 86, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, October 16, 2016. He was born on November 1, 1929 to the late Mahlon and Irene (Lippert) Bungert. In 1951, he was united in marriage to Anita Friemark and they have spent 65 years together. In his free time, Clarence most enjoyed camping with his family. They took many trips together in their homemade tent-camper, which was one of a kind. He loved to tinker with and recycle others old items, making them into something useful. He and Anita were widely loved and cared for in their neighborhood. Clarence being the "fix it" man and having the best garden.
Clarence will be greatly missed by his wife, Anita Bungert; children: Catherine (Paul) Wallace, Ann (John) VanHandel, Michael C. Bungert, and Robert (Cyndee) Bungert; grandchildren: Paul, Jr. (Corrina) Wallace, Kim (Robbie) Davister, Michael (Lisa) VanHandel, Amy (Ryan) Hanson, Daniel (Jeminah) VanHandel, Joanna (John) Richter, Mark (Molly) VanHandel, Nicholas Bungert, and Casey (Joanne) Bungert. He is further survived by great-granchildren: Aidan Wallace, Emersyn Wallace, Morgan Davister, Bryce Davister, Graham Davister, Bailey Davister, Joseph VanHandel, Jennifer VanHandel, Noah VanHandel, Alexander Hanson, Nolan Hanson, Claire VanHandel, Madeleine VanHandel, Greta VanHandel, Juliana VanHandel, Brian Richter, Luke Richter, Andrew Richter, Jack VanHandel, Riley VanHandel, Tyler Bungert, and Caleb Bungert; brother, Donald (Barb) Bungert; sister-in-law Betty Friemark; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents: Mahlon and Irene Bungert; Anita's parents: Charles (Edith) Friemark; and granddaughter Jennifer VanHandel.
Funeral services for Clarence will be held on Thursday, October 20, 2016, at 11 a.m. at SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH, 222 E. Fremont Street, Appleton. There will be a time of visitation from 9 a.m. until the time of service. Online condolences can be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to give a special thank you to the staff at St. Paul Elder Services in Kaukauna for their loving care and compassion for Clarence.
Clarence was a loving husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather who always set an amazing example for all and will never be forgotten.
Michael C Bungert
Debra Kay Stern