Virginia Ann Meidam
F, b. May 19, 1916, d. October 17, 2002
Family: Dale Howe (b. September 10, 1915, d. March 26, 1993)
- Birth: Virginia Ann Meidam was born on May 19, 1916 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 17, 2002, at age 86.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. September 10, 1915, d. March 26, 1993
- Birth: Dale Howe was born on September 10, 1915 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 26, 1993, at age 77.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
John E VanLanen
M, b. January 11, 1933, d. October 10, 2016
- Birth: John E VanLanen was born on January 11, 1933 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 10, 2016, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: John E. "Jack" Van Lanen, age 83, of Green Bay, died peacefully, Monday, October 10, 2016 at Unity Hospice, surrounded by family and friends. He was born January 11, 1933 in Green Bay to the late George and Grace (Nichols) Van Lanen.
Jack grew up in Green Bay among a very loving, blended family. Throughout the years he carried on the deep love and belief in family values. As children, Jack's nieces and nephews remember him as the "fun" uncle. He made them laugh, picked them up when they fell and dried their tears. He always convinced them that there wasn't much to cry about. As the children grew older, he was their voice of reason, man of strength and guidance and they realized that Jack's love was never-ending.
Throughout his life, Jack was employed by Northwest Engineering and Van Lanen Printing. Although he enjoyed his work, his true passion was the relationships he developed with customers. He enjoyed trips to the casino, cheering on the Packers and golfing.
To every one of his family and friends, he was a man to lean on and believe in. He was "our hero." Jack will be missed by his whole family.
Jack is survived by his many nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews and sisters-in-law, Mary and Dorothy "Dot."
He was preceded in death by his step-mother, Ida (Van Gaerden) Van Lanen; 3 brothers: Richard "Whitey", Bill and Don Van Lanen; 3 step-brothers: Robert, Wesley and Hal Lindell and a step-sister, June (Moore) Lindell.
Visitation will be held at RESURRECTION CATHOLIC PARISH (333 Hilltop Dr., Green Bay), Friday, October 14, 2016 from 9 to 10:45 AM. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 AM with Bishop Robert Morneau officiating. Entombment will be in Allouez Catholic Cemetery and Chapel Mausoleum. To leave an online condolence for the family, please visit ww.NewcomerGreenBay.com or for more information call (920)432-4841.
Our special thanks to the staff at the Bellevue Retirement Home for your guidance and understanding. Also a warm and heartfelt thank you to everyone at Unity Hospice. You gave Jack all of the comfort and peace he needed and supported our family in a time when we could not see the light.
May Jack be at peace and surrounded by love in the arms of our Lord.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Oct. 12 to Oct. 14, 2016.
Ida Marie VanGaerden
F, b. February 10, 1902, d. September 5, 1983
- Birth: Ida Marie VanGaerden was born on February 10, 1902 in Lac du Flambeau, Vilas Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George B VanLanen were married on November 13, 1948 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ida Marie VanGaerden died on September 5, 1983, at age 81, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
William L VanLanen
M, b. December 25, 1937, d. October 3, 2003
- Birth: William L VanLanen was born on December 25, 1937 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 3, 2003, at age 65, in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 7, 1895
- Birth: John Gerrits was born on July 7, 1895 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. January 31, 1876, d. September 9, 1883
- Birth: Bernardus Jansen was born on January 31, 1876 in Driel, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on September 9, 1883, at age 7, in Heteren, Gelderland, Netherlands.
Gradus Antonius Jansen
M, b. October 23, 1878
- Birth: Gradus Antonius Jansen was born on October 23, 1878 in Elst, Gelderland, Netherlands.
Hermina Catharina Jansen
F, b. March 8, 1880
- Birth: Hermina Catharina Jansen was born on March 8, 1880 in Elst, Gelderland, Netherlands.
Johannes Arnoldus Jansen
M, b. May 16, 1881
- Birth: Johannes Arnoldus Jansen was born on May 16, 1881 in Elst, Gelderland, Netherlands.
F, b. August 13, 1882
- Birth: Hendrina Jansen was born on August 13, 1882 in Elst, Gelderland, Netherlands.
M, b. December 12, 1883, d. February 3, 1959
- Birth: Bernardus Jansen was born on December 12, 1883 in Driel, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on February 3, 1959, at age 75, in Limburg, Netherlands.
M, b. July 16, 1885, d. August 20, 1938
- Birth: Antonius Jansen was born on July 16, 1885 in Driel, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on August 20, 1938, at age 53, in Venraij, Limburg, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1866, d. April 13, 1884
- Birth: Henry Fink was born circa 1866.
- Death: He died on April 13, 1884 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Penelope Joyce Conway Wells
F, b. June 11, 2016, d. October 6, 2016
- Birth: Penelope Joyce Conway Wells was born on June 11, 2016.
- Death: She died on October 6, 2016, at age 0.
- Note: Wells, Penelope Joyce Conway
Penelope JC Wells, daughter of Jessica Wells, went home to be with her Heavenly Father on Thursday, October 6, 2016. Her family was blessed by her birth on June 11, 2016. At four months young, Penelope was a joyful and happy baby. She could light up a room with just her presence. Gone too soon, Penelope had just found her voice. She would often clasp her hands, while cooing, as if praying. She knew no pain, no sin, no fear, and no sorrow. She enjoyed spending time with her family and listening to their stories. She loved to make eyes at her favorite Uncle Matt. She often snuggled up close with her Aunt Chelsea and Mema and she loved to dance with her Papa. She brightened the days of everyone who knew her, especially her Aunt Cassie, who loved Penelope as her own. Penelope always smiled brightly when her sister Lily sang to her. She felt safe in the loving arms of her sister Josie. She had a kind and gentle spirit. Even her cry was soft. Penelope really enjoyed studying family pictures of her sisters and her cousins. Penelope left footprints on the hearts of her family and will bloom in heaven.
Penelope will be missed by her mother, Jessica; her sisters, Josephine and Lilyana; her cousins, Logan, Marielle, Samuel, Owen, and Winston; her aunts and uncles, Summer Wells, Cassie (Matthew) Schroeder, and Chelsea Davison; her grandparents, Clarke and Tammy Davison and Steven Wells.
A memorial service was held on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at Cross Walk Church of Appleton the Reverend Pat Ryan officiated. Donations in Penelope's name can be sent to Valley Funeral Home in Appleton. Her family finds solace knowing her heart is at eternal peace.
Penelope's family would like to extend their sincerest gratitude to the staff of Valley Funeral Home for their loving care and compassion.
M, b. January 21, 1910, d. September 5, 1985
Family: Vera Krueger (b. September 7, 1921, d. October 11, 2016)
- Birth: Karl Bornemann was born on January 21, 1910.
- Marriage: He and Vera Krueger were married on September 24, 1938.
- Death: Karl Bornemann died on September 5, 1985, at age 75.
F, b. September 7, 1921, d. October 11, 2016
- Birth: Vera Krueger was born on September 7, 1921 in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Karl Bornemann were married on September 24, 1938.
- Death: Vera Krueger died on October 11, 2016, at age 95, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Vera Bornemann (95) of Green Bay, WI passed away peacefully in her home and went to meet her Lord and Savior on Tuesday October 11, 2016. She was blessed to have her family at her side. Vera was born on September 7, 1921 to Frank and Emma Krueger in Antigo, WI.
She married Karl Bornemann of Holland Town on September 24, 1938.
They made their home in Morrison, WI where they operated a pure bred Holstein dairy farm from 1938-1960 and raised their two daughters Bonnie Davis and Sandy (Dave) De Vleeshower. Vera was a current member of Morrison Zion Lutheran Church in Morrison, WI.
She moved to Green Bay and owned and operated Bornemann Nursing Home from 1960 until her retirement in 1988. Where she was infamously known as Mrs. "B". Her daughters honored her legacy of caring for many in the health care industry by continuing Bornemanns under the family name for over 54 wonderful years.
Throughout her life she enjoyed various activities such as spending time at the Lake, boating, snowmobiling, traveling, cooking, gardening, and watching the Green Bay Packers. However, her absolute love in life was making memories with her family and friends, from her daughters all the way down to her great great grandchild. There wasn't a moment that she didn't live her life to the fullest. Vera had a zest like no other and worked at everything like she was working for the Lord. Her vibrant spirit brought joy to anyone who crossed her path. "Gram and her chocolate chip cookies will be missed by all."
Vera is survived by 1 sister Bernice Schardt, and Vera's two daughters: Bonnie & Sandy, 5 Grandchildren: Holly (Steve) Malcore, Tom (Jill) Davis Jr., Lisa (Pat) Van Lanen, Terry Davis, and Tadd (Keri) Davis and all their children respectively. 14 great grandchildren: Ryan and Emily Malcore, Cody, McKai, Cashten Davis and Kristen (Eric) Davis-Renard, Bradley Baumgart and special friend Hannah, Jared, Justin, and DJ Van Lanen, Hunter, Aubrey, Kiersten, and Gunner Davis and 1 Great Great Grandaughter Dominique Baumgart and another Great Great Grandchild (Renard) is expected in March 2017, several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She is preceded in death by her parents, husband Karl, brothers Raymond (Linda) Krueger, Leonard (Irene) Krueger, and sister Beverly Rose and Richard Schardt and Tom Davis Sr.
The funeral service will be held at Morrison Zion Lutheran Church in Morrison, WI on Friday October 14, 2016. Family and friends may visit from 9-11 with service to follow. Pastor Randy Ott will officiate and internment will follow at the Church cemetery.
The family wishes to express their sincere gratitude to Dr. Robert Stevens, Staff at Aurora Baycare, and Nickel Funeral Home. Online condolensces may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Oct. 13, 2016.