Brianne Audrey Barten
Cynzia Simone Barten
Kaeleb Neal Liam Barten
F, b. March 26, 1898, d. March 26, 1989
- Birth: Linda Finke was born on March 26, 1898.
- Death: She died on March 26, 1989, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Sylvester A Stuiber
M, b. December 18, 1923, d. August 23, 2016
- Birth: Sylvester A Stuiber was born on December 18, 1923 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Roselle F Wifler were married on April 15, 1950 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sylvester A Stuiber died on August 23, 2016, at age 92, in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sylvester A. Stuiber, 92 of Fond du Lac WI, passed away on August 23, 2016 while in hospice care at Brookdale Senior Living in Fond du Lac. Sylvester was born on December 18, 1923 in Kaukauna WI, the second of four sons, to Arnold and Linda (Finke) Stuiber.
Sylvester grew up in Kaukauna with his three brothers Harold, David and Kenneth. In March 1943, Sylvester enlisted in the Army and joined the 292nd Combat Engineer Battalion. He served in Europe in the Battle of the Bulge as part of the Engineers Special Battalion, Amphibious Unit. After the end of the war, in March 1946, he was discharged and returned to Wisconsin.
Using the GI Bill, Sylvester attended the Milwaukee School of Engineering. While at MSOE, he completed a certificate for Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning in September 1947 and received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering in March of 1950. Also while at MSOE, Sylvester met his future wife, Roselle Wifler.
Sylvester and Roselle were married on April 15, 1950 in Roselle's hometown of Glenbeulah, WI. at St. Fridolin's Catholic Church. The couple lived for a few years in Plymouth WI where they had their first two sons, Mark (1/1951) and Chad (2/1952).
In the mid 1950's, the family moved to Milwaukee where they welcomed their third son Terry (7/1955). At this time, Sylvester began working as an Electrical Engineer at Globe-Union Inc. While at Globe-Union, he received a patent with fellow engineer Roy Dilger for an electronic ignition system.
In 1958, the family moved to Brown Deer, WI where they welcomed their fourth son, Kent (9/1960). Here Sylvester began working for Ozite Corp. where he worked as a Plant Engineer. While at Ozite, he was temporary assigned to South Africa for 6 months in the early 1970s to help setup a new carpet manufacturing facility.
In 1975, the family moved to Fond du Lac, WI, where Sylvester began working for Sadoff Iron and Metal. Later, he took a position as Plant Engineer at the Galloway-West Company. Sylvester retired from Galloway-West in 1988. After retirement, Sylvester and Roselle maintained a home in Florida and traveled extensively.
Sylvester is survived by his sons Mark and Kent, both residing in Fond du Lac, WI.
He was preceded in death by his wife Roselle, his sons Chad and Terry and his brothers Harold of Altadena
Visitation: The family will receive relatives and friends on Friday, September 2, 2016 from 8:30 until 9:45 AM at Holy Family Church, 271 Fourth Street Way, Fond du Lac.
Service: At 10:00 AM on Friday, September 2, 2016, a Memorial Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at Holy Family Church. Burial will be in St. Charles Cemetery, Taycheedah. There will be refreshments at church following the burial.
Memorials in his name may be directed to Holy Family Parish.
Zacherl Funeral Home and Crematory is serving the family. www.zacherlfuneralhome.com.
Roselle F Wifler
F, b. February 22, 1925, d. July 4, 2015
- Birth: Roselle F Wifler was born on February 22, 1925 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Sylvester A Stuiber were married on April 15, 1950 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Roselle F Wifler died on July 4, 2015, at age 90, in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Roselle F. Stuiber, 90 of Fond du Lac passed away on July 4, 2015 while in hospice care at St. Francis Home in Fond du Lac, WI. Roselle was born on February 22, 1925 in Glenbeulah, WI, the daughter of Raymond and Kathryn (Glynn) Wifler.Roselle moved from Glenbeulah to Milwaukee in the mid-1940's where she went to secretarial school and studied at the Milwaukee Conservatory of Music. While working as a secretary, she met her future husband Sylvester who was studying at the Milwaukee School of Engineering on the GI Bill. Roselle and Sylvester were married on April 15, 1950 at St. Fridolin Catholic Church in Glenbeulah WI.In addition to being a homemaker and mother of 4 sons, Roselle was an avid pianist and piano teacher. She first learned to play from her mother, Kathryn, who was also a piano teacher and church organist in Glenbeulah. Roselle was a piano teacher in Brown Deer, WI and later in Fond du Lac and had many students. She served as an organist at the Catholic churches of St. Catherine in Milwaukee and St. Patrick in Fond du Lac. She also performed occasionally with friends and musicians from Sigma Alpha Iota, a national music fraternity of which she was a lifetime member.Roselle is survived by her husband Sylvester and two sons Mark and Kent, all residing in Fond du Lac; siblings Ray Wifler (Carla) of Fond du Lac, Janice Welytok of Shawnee, KS, and John Wifler (Gloria) of Scottsdale, AZ and a sister-in-law, Jean Steiner of Plymouth WI.She was preceded in death by her brother Wallace Wifler of Plymouth, WI and two sons, Terry and Chad Stuiber.
Harold George Stuiber
M, b. June 8, 1922, d. December 15, 2013
- Birth: Harold George Stuiber was born on June 8, 1922 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 15, 2013, at age 91, in Altadena, Los Angeles Co, California.