Elvin Joe Becher
M, b. September 13, 1925, d. September 29, 2013
- Birth: Elvin Joe Becher was born on September 13, 1925 in Dolores, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
- Death: He died on September 29, 2013, at age 88, in Cortez, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
- Note: Graveside services of Elvin J. "Bud" Becher will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19, at Summit Ridge Cemetery.
Elvin J. "Bud" Becher was born Sept. 13, 1925, in Dolores to John R. Becher and Emma Laura Koehn Becher. He passed away Sept. 29, 2013, He was 88.
Bud proudly served in the U. S. Navy during World War II. Upon his honorable discharge he returned to make his home in Dolores, met and married Ramona Plumlee, and they shared more than 66 years together. Three sons were born to Bud and Ramona, Eddie Ray, David and Steve.
He owned and operated Bud's Auto Repair in Dolores for many years, and he was an expert auto mechanic and eventually David and Steve went to work with him, learning his trade. Bud loved working with wood and created beautiful and various things, including clocks, vases, furniture, and cedar chests. He gave freely of his finished pieces to family and friends. When he retired from his business, Bud pursued this hobby, and he worked tirelessly to keep the yard groomed to perfection. He also was an outdoorsman, enjoying hunting, fishing and viewing the beautiful mountains of the area.
Preceding Bud in death were his parents; brothers, Robert, Rupert, Jim, Dick and Tom; sisters, Lucille Howard, Ruth Omo, Beulah Vanderpool, Marie Carlson, Marge Welch and Juanita Fredriksen.
Bud is survived by his wife, Ramona; and sons, Eddie and David (Correen) of Dolores and Steve (Peggy) of Cortez. Also surviving are grandchildren, Mike (Stephanie) of Hilo, Hawaii, Brandin (Tiffanie) of Evans, Colo., Justin (Verity) of Durango, Kelly (Lisa) of Covington, Wash., and Dane (Catherine) of Broomfield, Colo., Tracy (John) Hugenroth of Benton, Ky., and Shawn (Jodi) Wagner of Cortez. He was a proud and loving great-grandfather of 17 offspring. Many nephews and nieces and extended family survive him.
In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the Dolores Fire Department. Services are under the direction of Ertel Funeral Home. For further information or to send condolences, log on to www.ertelfuneralhome.com and click on the obituary section.
Steven J Becher
Juanita B Becher
F, b. September 23, 1927, d. July 22, 2010
- Birth: Juanita B Becher was born on September 23, 1927 in Dolores, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
- Marriage: She and Jack Donald Fredricksen were married on April 18, 1948 in Dolores, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
- Death: Juanita B Becher died on July 22, 2010, at age 82, in Colorado.
- Note: JUANITA BECHER "JOHNNY" FREDRIKSEN Funeral services for longtime Dolores resident Juanita Becher "Johnny" Fredriksen will be held at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, July 28 at the 1st Baptist Church in Dolores. Cremation will follow the funeral service. A visitation has been scheduled for Wednesday morning from 9 to service time at the church. Johnny was born on September 23, 1927 in Dolores, the youngest of 13 children born to John and Emma (Koehn) Becher. She passed away on Thursday, July 22, 2010 at Valley Inn Nursing Home at the age of 82. Johnny graduated from Dolores High School in 1946. On April 18, 1948 she married Jack Donald Fredriksen in Dolores. A member of Eastern Star, Johnny loved to watch Denver Bronco football games and playing Bridge. In her free time, Johnny enjoyed hiking in the mountains, having picnics, reading and working in her flower beds. Surviving Johnny are her children, Donald Fredriksen and wife, Cindy of Golden, Colo., Paul Fredriksen and wife, Noreen of Albertson, N.C., and Robert Fredriksen and wife, Richalyn of Farmington, N.M.; her grandchildren, Jason Fredriksen and wife, Christine, Matthew Fredriksen, Kristin Fredriksen, Jared Fredriksen, Miranda Stroud, and Dave Fredriksen; her great-grandchild, Sharla Stroud; by her siblings, Marjorie Welch of Cortez, Bud Becher of Dolores, and Beulah Vanderpool of Dolores; and by her sister-in-law, Ruth Becher. Johnny was preceded in death by her parents; by her husband, Jack Fredriksen; and by her siblings, Bob Becher, Rupert Becher, Lucille Howard, Jim Becher, Dick Becher, Mary Carlson, Henry Becher, Tom Becher, and an infant sibling.
Jack Donald Fredricksen
M, b. January 8, 1926, d. March 10, 1991
- Birth: Jack Donald Fredricksen was born on January 8, 1926 in Pueblo, Pueblo Co, Colorado.
- Marriage: He and Juanita B Becher were married on April 18, 1948 in Dolores, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
- Death: Jack Donald Fredricksen died on March 10, 1991, at age 65, in Cortez, Montezuma Co, Colorado.
Donald A Fredriksen
Paul Edwin Fredricksen
Robert A Fredricksen
Gerald L Weaver
M, b. December 16, 1907, d. February 4, 1990
- Birth: Gerald L Weaver was born on December 16, 1907 in Nebraska.
- Death: He died on February 4, 1990, at age 82, in Nebraska.
Floyd Verne Weaver
M, b. April 24, 1910, d. April 25, 1999
Family: Minnie Knoop (b. April 5, 1910, d. September 11, 1996)
- Birth: Floyd Verne Weaver was born on April 24, 1910 in Buffalo, Dawson Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: He and Minnie Knoop were married on April 9, 1929 in Nebraska.
- Death: Floyd Verne Weaver died on April 25, 1999, at age 89, in Nebraska.
F, b. April 5, 1910, d. September 11, 1996
- Birth: Minnie Knoop was born on April 5, 1910 in Kansas.
- Marriage: She and Floyd Verne Weaver were married on April 9, 1929 in Nebraska.
- Death: Minnie Knoop died on September 11, 1996, at age 86, in Nebraska.
Katherine A Becher