- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Shirley Marie Fischer
F, b. July 17, 1927, d. July 1, 2016
Family 2: Arnold Blum (b. June 28, 1930, d. November 22, 1998)
- Birth: Shirley Marie Fischer was born on July 17, 1927 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: She and Gordon Paiser were divorced.
- Marriage: Shirley Marie Fischer and Gordon Paiser were married on February 2, 1946.
- Marriage: Shirley Marie Fischer and Arnold Blum were married on December 2, 1978.
- Death: Shirley Marie Fischer died on July 1, 2016, at age 88, in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Shirley Marie Paiser-Blum, age 88 and 9/10 years, of Appleton, passed away on Friday, July 1, 2016, surrounded by her loving family at Brewster Village. Although Alzheimer's had taken away her ability to remember, it could not compete with her ability to brighten the room with her infectious smile and unforgettable laughter.
Shirley was born on July 17, 1927 in Shawano, Wisconsin, the daughter of the late Joseph and Mary (Hartel) Fischer. On February 2, 1946, she was united in marriage to Gordon Paiser and divorced at a later date. On December 2, 1978, she was united in marriage to her "blind date", Arnold Blum, with whom she spent the next 20 years together.
She worked as a meat wrapper in various grocery stores in Shawano and Appleton for many years, well known to her coworkers as "Squirrel". Up until she was no longer able to attend, she was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Appleton. She loved anything pink, working on her crafts, always winning on solitaire, spending time in the summers with the family up at Castle Campground, trips with Grandpa Arnie, and spoiling her many grandchildren.
Shirley is survived by her children: Ken (Barb) Paiser of Appleton, Mary Jo (Terry) Durkee of Clintonville, Steve (Carolyn) Paiser of Appleton, and Karla (Mike) Hintz of Neenah; 11 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, and 2 great great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents Joe and Mary Fischer; her brother: Ralph Fischer; an infant daughter; and her two husbands: Gordon Paiser and Arnold Blum.
The Funeral Liturgy for Shirley will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 5, 2016, at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH, 312 South State Street, Appleton, with Father Bill Swichtenberg officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 9:00 a.m. until the time of Mass. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
A special THANK YOU needs to be sent out to everyone at Brewster Village, for all of their care and unconditional love. The compassion and professionalism displayed there is immeasurable, and the staff will always be held close to the family's heart.
We love you Mom, Nana!
M, b. September 16, 1922, d. August 1984
- Birth: Gordon Paiser was born on September 16, 1922.
- Divorce: He and Shirley Marie Fischer were divorced.
- Marriage: Gordon Paiser and Shirley Marie Fischer were married on February 2, 1946.
- Death: Gordon Paiser died in August 1984, at age 61.
M, b. June 28, 1930, d. November 22, 1998
- Birth: Arnold Blum was born on June 28, 1930.
- Marriage: He and Shirley Marie Fischer were married on December 2, 1978.
- Death: Arnold Blum died on November 22, 1998, at age 68.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Steven R Paiser