John Raymond Fassbender
M, b. 1928, d. December 13, 1985
- Birth: LeRoy Wickesberg was born in 1928.
- Death: He died on December 13, 1985, at age ~57.
Howard J Wickesberg
M, b. April 6, 1942, d. August 6, 2000
- Birth: Howard J Wickesberg was born on April 6, 1942 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 6, 2000, at age 58.
Evan James Winkenwerder
M, b. January 26, 2005, d. September 29, 2005
- Birth: Evan James Winkenwerder was born on January 26, 2005.
- Death: He died on September 29, 2005, at age 0, in Ohio.
- Burial: He was buried in Union Cemetery, Hortonville, Wisconsin.
- Note: Evan James Winkenwerder, age 8 months, son of Jeffery and Mary Jo Becker Winkenwerder passed away unexpectedly Thursday in Athens. He was born Jan. 26, 2005 in Athens. Survivors, in addition to his parents are: maternal grandparents, Dean and Marie Becker of Beaver Dam, Wisc.; paternal grandparents, James and Diane Winkenwerder of Hortonville, Wisc.; maternal great-grandparents, Lorraine Nussbaum and Helen Baehman, both of Hortonvile,Wisc.; Aunts, Trisha (Rick) Barry of New Berlin, Wisc. and Trisha (Chad) Ewing of Hortonville, Wisc.: Cousins, Nicholas and Blake Barry and Lydia Ewing. Evan was preceded in death by paternal great-grandparents, Robert Baehman, Wilbur (Pete) Nussbaum.
Charles G O'Dell
M, b. November 1836, d. 1907
- Birth: Charles G O'Dell was born in November 1836 in Ohio.
- Death: He died in 1907, at age ~71, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Kelso Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Mariva A Rice
F, b. 1843, d. February 1917
- Birth: Mariva A Rice was born in 1843.
- Death: She died in February 1917, at age ~74.
- Burial: She was buried in Kelso Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Gilbert C Kester
M, b. March 31, 1909, d. February 3, 1993
- Birth: Gilbert C Kester was born on March 31, 1909 in Fremont, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Kaufman were married on June 15, 1940 in Dale, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gilbert C Kester died on February 3, 1993, at age 83.
F, b. April 21, 1921, d. April 3, 2016
- Birth: Helen Kaufman was born on April 21, 1921 in Dale, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gilbert C Kester were married on June 15, 1940 in Dale, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Helen Kaufman and Raymond Baerwald were married on October 23, 1993.
- Death: Helen Kaufman died on April 3, 2016, at age 94, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Helen H. Kester Baerwald, age 94, of Dale, died on Sunday April 3, 2016 at Trinity Terrace in New London. She was born on April 21, 1921, in Dale, the daughter of the late Arthur and Esther(Toepke)Kaufman. On June 15, 1940 Helen married Gilbert Kester in Dale. They owned and operated Kester's Grocery Story in Dale for nearly 30 years. Helen worked side by side with Gilbert, as it was their way of life. Gilbert preceded her in death in 1993. Helen later married Ray Baerwald on October 23, 1993, and he preceded her in death in 2004. Helen was artistically gifted: sketching, painting, writing, and playing piano and organ by ear. She loved decorating, arranging flowers, friends and shopping. She was a perfectionist especially with her appearance and home and left us with hearts full of love, warm memories and a great legacy. Helen was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Dale, and a member of the Dale Homemakers, Girls Walking Group and New London Breakfast Club. Helen is survived by three daughters, Ginny Hinkens and her friend, Tom Trettin, Appleton; Barb and Phil Schlafer, Appleton, Molly and Bob Tews, Dale; son, Rodger and Nina Kester, New London; grandchildren, Jay and Beth Hinkens, Lynn Hinkens, Becky Kester, Tara Schlafer, Andy and Brenda Schlafer, Shannon Tews, Christopher and Paula Tews, and Anna Schlafer; 12 great-grandchildren, Aj and Tim Hinkens, Jon, Josh, Abbie, Hannah, Greta and Kennedy Schlafer, Justin Czarnecki, Jorden Arent, Jake and Nick Tews; two great-great-granddaughters, Anna Mae and Autumn Lea; step-daughter-in-law, Branda Baerwald and her family, Hortonville; nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. She was preceded in death by two grandchildren, Dawn Marie Hinkens and Brad Schlafer; great-grandson, Anthony; son-in-law, J. Duane Hinkens, step-son, Fred Baerwald, two brothers and two sisters. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 11AM at St. Paul Lutheran Church, N926 Dale Ave., Dale. Rev. William Finn will officiate. Burial will be in Dale Union Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Friday, at the funeral home from 4-7PM and on Saturday, at the church, from 9:30AM until the time of service. A memorial fund has been established.
A special thank you to the staff of Trinity Terrace and ThedaCare Hospice for their care and compassion.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from Apr. 5 to Apr. 6, 2016.
M, b. May 31, 1921, d. January 14, 2005
- Birth: Raymond Baerwald was born on May 31, 1921 in Maple Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Kaufman were married on October 23, 1993.
- Death: Raymond Baerwald died on January 14, 2005, at age 83.
F, b. June 18, 1923, d. April 21, 1992
- Birth: June Strosenreuther was born on June 18, 1923 in Sugar Bush, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 21, 1992, at age 68.
Barbara Sue Kester