Gustave Laverne Hartzheim
M, b. May 17, 1927, d. September 19, 1994
- Birth: Gustave Laverne Hartzheim was born on May 17, 1927 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 19, 1994, at age 67, in Walla Walla, Walla Walla Co, Washington.
Mary Jo Bartlet
F, b. March 9, 1929, d. July 6, 2000
- Birth: Mary Jo Bartlet was born on March 9, 1929.
- Death: She died on July 6, 2000, at age 71, in Walla Walla, Walla Walla Co, Washington.
Glenn Norbert Hartzheim
George Walter Hartzheim
Irene Mary Hartzheim
F, b. December 11, 1902, d. December 26, 1985
- Birth: Irene Mary Hartzheim was born on December 11, 1902 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry A Schaefer were married on June 19, 1954.
- Death: Irene Mary Hartzheim died on December 26, 1985, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 29, 1905, d. February 4, 1988
Family 2: Earl D Powers (b. January 23, 1897, d. October 22, 1952)
- Birth: Leona Hartzheim was born on June 29, 1905 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George Hopfensperger were married on October 17, 1922.
- Marriage: Leona Hartzheim and Earl D Powers were married in 1952.
- Death: Leona Hartzheim died on February 4, 1988, at age 82, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Friday, January 30, 1987
Leona Hopfensperger Powers 2307 E. Sugnet, Midland, Michigan
Age 85, died Thursday, January 29, 1987. She was born July 29, 1901, in Kaukauna, to the late Matthew and Frieda Walker Hartzheim. She married George Hopfensperger in 1922, and he preceded her in death in 1928. She married Earl Powers, in 1952, and he also preceded her in death. She lived in the Kaukauna area until 1957, and since then had made her home with her son and daughter in-law in Midland, Michigan. She was a member of the National Catholic Society of Foresters, Kaukauna, and the Ladies of the Blessed Sacrament Church, Midland.
Survivors include four sons, George Hopfensperger, Menasha; Leo Hopfensperger, Mesa, Arizona; Robert Hopfensperger, Appleton; and James Hopfensperger, Midland, Michigan; a sister, Mrs. Sylvester [Rita] Vanevenhoven, Kaukauna; 21 grandchildren; 7 great grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary Catholic Church, Kaukauna, with the Rev. Theodore Hendricks officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Greenwood Funeral Home from 7-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday morning until the cortege leaves for the church. Friday, June 24, 1988.
John Henry Rossmeissl
M, b. August 20, 1913, d. August 30, 1974
- Birth: John Henry Rossmeissl was born on August 20, 1913 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 30, 1974, at age 61, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Helen Claire Coonen
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Derbert Mathew Coonen
M, b. April 11, 1910, d. September 23, 1981
- Birth: Derbert Mathew Coonen was born on April 11, 1910.
- Death: He died on September 23, 1981, at age 71, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Margaret C Danner
F, b. June 6, 1912, d. March 11, 1999
- Birth: Margaret C Danner was born on June 6, 1912 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 11, 1999, at age 86, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Karen Marie VerBust
F, b. November 19, 1957, d. November 14, 2016
- Birth: Karen Marie VerBust was born on November 19, 1957 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 14, 2016, at age 58.
- Note: Killian (Ver Bust), Karen
Karen M. Killian (Ver Bust), age 58, of Darboy, passed away Monday evening November 14th, surrounded with love by her family. Karen battled cancer courageously for five and a half years. She was born on November 19, 1957 in Appleton to Bernie and Janet (Newhouse) Ver Bust. Karen married the love of her life, David Killian on October 9th, 1982 at Holy Name Catholic Church in Kimberly. They were able to celebrate their 34th anniversary in October.
Karen graduated from Kimberly High School in 1976, and shortly after attended Gateway Technical School in Kenosha, WI. She worked at Appleton Papers prior to her two most recent positions with Goodwill Industries and the Kimberly Area School District as an aide (JR Gerritts Middle School, Westside Elementary). She was a hardworking and dedicated co-worker creating so many lasting friendships along the way.
Karen will be remembered as an amazing wife, mother, and grandmother. The love she had for her family shined brightly through everything she did. She cherished every moment spent with them, especially her two grandchildren. Spending time at the lake was always the highlight of her summer. She also enjoyed going for walks and reading.
Karen is survived by her loving husband: David of Darboy; three children: Ryan (Marley) Killian of Darboy; Amy (James) Finster of Darboy; and Sara Killian (fiancé Evan Guell) of Greenville; her grandchildren: Natalie Finster and Dekker Killian; her parents: Bernie and Janet Ver Bust of Kimberly; three siblings: Joanne (Don) Sievers of Kimberly; Bill (Judy) Ver Bust of Freedom; and Mike (Dawn) Ver Bust of Ashwaubenon; her mother-in-law: Joan (Clyde) Jenkins of Grand Chute; three brothers-in-law: Jim (Donna) Killian of Kaukauna; Lee (Lori) Killian of Westfield; Steve Derks of Kimberly and by many nieces and nephews. Karen was preceded in death by her father-in-law, Leo Killian and sister-in-law, Karen Derks.
The funeral liturgy for Karen will be held at 11:00 AM on Saturday, November 19, 2016, at HOLY SPIRIT CATHOLIC CHURCH, 620 E. Kimberly Avenue with Father Robert Kollath officiating. A time of visitation will be held on Saturday starting at 8:30 AM and continuing until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Karen's name. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to thank Dr. Tammela of St. Vincent's Hospital and his amazing nursing staff as well as Dr. Rice at the UW Hospital system for the attentive care and compassion throughout the journey. We would also like to thank the Kimberly Area School District and Goodwill Industries for the thoughts, prayers, and continued support. And last but not least, we would like to thank all the family and friends who took the time to be by Karen's side throughout her entire battle.
We love you and are going to miss you so much. Your beautiful smile will be forever in our hearts. Love, Your Family.
- Graduation: She graduated from Kimberly High School in 1976.
David Thomas Killian
William John VerBust
Michael John VerBust
Judith Ann Jochman
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Andrew Gordon Fredericks
M, b. June 21, 1915, d. June 17, 2014
- Birth: Andrew Gordon Fredericks was born on June 21, 1915 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Rosella Ann Paulowske were married on February 4, 1939.
- Death: Andrew Gordon Fredericks died on June 17, 2014, at age 98.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Andrew G. Fredericks, born June 21, 1915, passed away on June 17, 2014 at the age of 98. Andy was born in Appleton to the late Herman and Laura (Hermann) Fredericks and grew up with his five sisters and five brothers. He graduated from Appleton High School. On February 4, 1939, he was united in marriage to Rosella A. Paulowske. Andy proudly served his country during WWII in the U.S. Navy aboard the destroyer USS Perkins. After leaving the Navy in 1946, Rosella and he lived in Los Angeles and had two sons, David and Dan. He worked for American Can for 22 years retiring in 1974. Two years later, Andy went to work for Ray-O-Vac until his final retirement at the age of 75. He enjoyed making jewelry, square dancing with his wife, and was a member of the Valley Rock and Mineral Club.
Andy is survived by his two sons: David (Lois) Fredericks of Sherwood and Dan (Valerie) Fredericks of Appleton; 8 grandchildren; 15 great grandchildren; siblings: Rasalind Schuerer, of Payson, AZ, Maryann Fox of Appleton, Herman Fredericks of Denmark, WI, Roland Fredericks of Appleton, and his sister-in-law Delores Fredericks of California. He is further survived by many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his lovely wife Rose, his sisters Mildred Newhouse, Hyacinth Broas, and Sadie Deyoung, and his brothers Norman, William Fredericks, and infant brother Leigh.
A funeral service will take place at 5 pm on Monday, June 23 at the Brettschneider-Trettin-Nickel Funeral Chapel. Friends may call at the funeral chapel on Monday from 3 pm until the time of service. Entombment will take place at Highland Memorial Park.
M, b. June 4, 1928, d. February 19, 2016
- Birth: Herman Fredericks was born on June 4, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lois Mae Peabody were married on October 10, 1953.
- Death: Herman Fredericks died on February 19, 2016, at age 87.
- Note: Herman Fredericks, Jr. 87, Chilton, died Friday, February 19, 2016, at a local hospital. Born in Appleton, June 4, 1928, he is the son of the late Herman O. and Laura (Herrmann) Fredericks, Sr. He married the former Lois Mae Peabody, October 10, 1953, and she preceded him in death on June 21, 2007. Herm and Lois were business partners owning Badger Best Pizza for many years. He enjoyed fishing and hunting, and his home in the country was always busy. Over the course of his business career Herm traveled the country.
He is survived by his 3 children, Peggy Seefeldt of Green Bay, Sue (Mike) Luebke of Denmark, and Steve (Debbie) Fredericks of Denmark; 6 grandchildren, Stephanie Luebke, Samantha and Kyle Seefeldt, Morgan, Madelyn, and Margo Fredericks; 6 great grandchildren; brother, Rollie Fredericks of Appleton; sister, Rosiland Schuerer of Payson, AZ,; the lady that stole his heart, "Lou"; many nieces and nephews.
Herm was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Lois; son, Mark Lee Fredericks; grandson, Shaun Luebke; and brothers and sisters.
Visitation at Malcore (East) Funeral Home, 701 N. Baird Street, Green Bay, Wednesday (2/24) from 4:00 PM until the time of the memorial service at 7:00 PM. Visit www.malcorefuneralhome.com to send a condolence to the family.
Roland R Fredericks
Sadie A Fredericks
F, b. February 14, 1914, d. October 3, 2011
- Birth: Sadie A Fredericks was born on February 14, 1914 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward DeYoung were married on January 11, 1941 in Sacred Heart Church, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sadie A Fredericks died on October 3, 2011, at age 97, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sadie A. DeYoung, Appleton, passed away Monday, October 03, 2011, at Heritage Hospice in Appleton after a short illness. Sadie was born in Appleton on February 14, 1914, to the late Herman and Laura (Herrmann) Fredericks, and has been a lifelong Appleton resident. On January 11, 1941, Sadie was united in marriage to Edward DeYoung at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Appleton. The couple enjoyed 58 years together until Edward's death in 1999.
Sadie loved working in her garden. She enjoyed crafts such as sewing and flower designing. Baking was her specialty and her "goodies" will be missed by many during the holiday season. Sadie was a charter member at St. Bernadette Catholic Church.
She is survived by her daughter, Suzanne (Jerry) Burton, Albuquerque, NM; two grandchildren: Stephanie (Dave) Brogdon and David (Debbie) Burton; 4 great grandchildren: Zachary and Sarah Brogdon, and Jonathon and Luke Burton; 3 brothers: Andrew Fredericks, Appleton, Herman "Jr" Fredericks, Denmark, and Roland (Marilyn) Fredericks, Appleton; 2 sisters: Rosalind Schuerer, Payson, AZ and Mary Ann Fox, Appleton. She is further survived by many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; 3 brothers: Norman, William, and Leigh; and 2 sisters: Mildred Newhouse and Hyacinth Broas.
The Funeral Liturgy will be celebrated at 11:30 AM on Thursday, October 6, at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 2331 E. Lourdes Dr., Appleton, with Father Donald Zuleger officiating. Friends may visit directly at the church on Thursday from 10:00 AM until the time of service. Entombment will take place at Highland Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff and volunteers at Heritage Hospice for the compassionate care shown to Sadie.
606 N. Oneida St.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from October 4 to October 5, 2011.
F, b. September 19, 1924, d. August 18, 2015
- Birth: Maryann Fredericks was born on September 19, 1924 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Reuben Solomon Fox were married on September 19, 1946.
- Death: Maryann Fredericks died on August 18, 2015, at age 90, in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Maryann Fox, 90, Neenah, passed away peacefully on August 18, 2015, at Living Tree Estates, Greenville. She was born on September 19, 1924, in Appleton, daughter of Herman and Laura (Hermann) Fredericks. Maryann was raised with 5 sisters and 5 brothers. On September 19, 1946, she was united in marriage to Reuben Fox. They lived most of their married life in Neenah. He preceded her in death on August 18, 1993. They were married for 47 years. She enjoyed crafting activities; especially knitting, which she enjoyed making baby blankets and donating them to the hospital. Maryann was also a great cook which everyone enjoyed
Maryann is survived by a daughter-in-law: Connie Fox, Greenville; 4 grandsons: Dean (Kristine) and Dan (Diane), of Greenville; David (Shena), Appleton; and Andrew (Roz), Neenah; 4 great grandchildren: Maxwell (Sara) DuFrane, Brandon, Dakota, and Nash Fox; and a great great granddaughter: Hadleigh DuFrane; 2 brothers: Roland (Marilyn) Fredericks, Appleton; Herman Fredericks Jr., Chilton; 2 sisters: Rosalind Schuerer, Payson, AZ; Betty (Leonard) Vogel, Billing, MT; 2 sisters-in-law: Delores Frederick, CA; and Clara Fox, Billing, MT; many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
In addition to her husband and parents, Maryann was further preceded in death by 2 sons: Jim and Rick; 3 brothers: Norman, William, and Infant Leigh; 3 sisters: Mildred Newhouse, Hyacinth Broas, and Sadie DeYoung; brother- and sister-in-law: David Fox and Sally Schmalz.
Funeral services will be held at 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 21, 2015, at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial St., Neenah. Entombment will be in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah. Visitation will be Friday at the funeral home from 3:00 p.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
Maryann's family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire staff at Living Tree Estates and to Rev. Jeff Prewitt for their wonderful care and support. Also a thank you to Southern Care Hospice for their assistance.
Lois Mae Peabody
F, b. February 28, 1930, d. June 21, 2007
- Birth: Lois Mae Peabody was born on February 28, 1930 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Herman Fredericks were married on October 10, 1953.
- Death: Lois Mae Peabody died on June 21, 2007, at age 77.
- Note: June 22, 2007
Fredericks, Lois Mae Lois Mae Fredericks, died peacefully June 21, 2007, surrounded by her family. Born in Oshkosh, she is the daughter of the late Lester and Ruby (Strey) Peabody. She married Herm Fredericks October 10, 1953. Herm and Lois were business partners owning Badger Best Pizza for many years. Lois had a passion for loving all animals. She has left her two labs and two cats and all her birds for Juke to take care of.
Survived by her husband: Herm (Juke); four children: Mark Fredericks of Columbus, WI; Peggy Seefeldt of Green Bay; Sue (Mike) Luebke of Denmark, Steve (Debbie) Fredericks of Denmark; six grandchildren: Stephanie Luebke, Samantha and Kyle Seefeldt; Morgan, Madelyn and Margo Fredericks; a great-grandson: Joey Luebke; a brother-in-law, Phil Utic of California; nieces and nephews.
Also preceded in death by a grandson: Shaun Luebke; a sister: Janet Utic.
There will be a celebration of life beginning at 2 p.m. Sunday until the time of the memorial services at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, 435 Wisconsin Avenue, Denmark. Memorial services will be held 3 p.m. Sunday at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Denmark, with Pastor Ralph Hankermeyer. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established at the funeral home in her memory.
Special thanks to Pastor Ralph Hankermeyer.
MALCORE (East) Funeral Home and Crematory, (920) 432-5579 is assisting the family with arrangements. If you are unable to attend the services and would like to send an online condolence, please visit