F, b. March 29, 1693, d. August 10, 1779
- Birth: Aleida Wissing was born on March 29, 1693 in Bocholt, Kreis Borken, Westphalia, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Wilhelm Eiting were married on June 10, 1714 in Bocholt, Kreis Borken, Westphalia, Germany.
- Death: Aleida Wissing died on August 10, 1779, at age 86.
- Birth: Tonnis Wissing was born in Bocholt, Kreis Borken, Westphalia, Germany.
F, b. 1669
- Birth: Henderse Hebinck was born in 1669 in Bocholt, Kreis Borken, Westphalia, Germany.
M, b. circa 1650
- Birth: Jan Eiting was born circa 1650 in Barlo, Kreis Borken, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Alken Witthagt were married on April 28, 1675.
F, b. circa 1650
- Birth: Alken Witthagt was born circa 1650.
- Marriage: She and Jan Eiting were married on April 28, 1675.
Joseph S VanVonderen
M, b. May 28, 1918, d. April 9, 2002
- Birth: Joseph S VanVonderen was born on May 28, 1918 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Luella M Petit were married on August 27, 1941 in Most Precious Blood Church, New London, Wisconsin.
- Death: Joseph S VanVonderen died on April 9, 2002, at age 83, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Age 83, passed away Tuesday, April 9, 2002 at Parkside Care Center in Little Chute, surrounded by his family. Joe was born in Little Chute on May 28, 1918, son of the late John and Johanna (Thyssen) Van Vonderen. On August 27, 1941, Joe married the former Luella Petit in New London; she survives. For many years, Joe was employed at Thilmany Pulp and Paper, retiring in 1981 as the maintenance supervisor. He was a member of the Thilmany Management Club and the Thilmany Quarter-Century Club. He served his country faithfully as a member of the U.S. Army, and was also a member of the Electric City Post #3319 of the VFW and the Golden Agers. He enjoyed playing cards with family and friends, golfing, traveling with his family, and fishing. His favorite times came from spending time at the family cottage on Thunder Lake, boating and water-skiing with his children and grandchildren. Joe was a “Master Fixer-Upper”, and many will remember his desire to constantly putter with engines, electricity, or anything else that caught his eye and needed “adjustment”.
He is survived by his wife of sixty years: Luella Van Vonderen of Kaukauna; two sons: John J. Van Vonderen and his friend Kim Hawker of Kaukauna and Gary (Theresa) Van Vonderen, of Kaukauna; three daughters: Shirley (Larry) Abts of Ashwaubenon, Karen (Tom) Portman of Freedom, and Lynn (Jeff) Hicks of Clinton, Washington; fourteen grandchildren: Brant (Ellie) Abts, Troy (Elaina) Abts, Cory Van Vonderen and his fiancée Dawn Brandt, Carrie Van Vonderen and her friend Ron Hawkins, Joshua Van Vonderen, Shawn Van Vonderen, Terra Van Vonderen, Dustin Van Vonderen, Tamara Van Vonderen, Jared Portman, Ryan Portman, Adam (Candace) Portman, Matthew Hicks, Sara Hicks, Jason (Corinne) Hicks, and Kari (Brian) Schilling-George; nine great-grandchildren: Danielle, Cody, Dylan, and Alyssa Van Vonderen; Destiny Portman; Jason and Kierstin Hicks; Skyler and Kobe Schilling-George; a brother: Martin Van Vonderen of Appleton; two brothers-in-law: Raymond (Helen) Petit of New London and Leander Petit of Kaukauna; five sisters-in-law: Henrietta Van Vonderen of Kaukauna; Christina Petit of Berlin; Ann Petit of New London; Margaret Petit of Appleton; Lois Petit of Appleton. He is also survived by numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Harriet (John) Hammen; a brother Arnold Van Vonderen; sister-in-laws: Eleanor Van Vonderen, Clara Petit, and Leona (Harold) Heid; and by brothers-in-law Leo Petit, Adrian (Florence) Petit, Glen Petit, Vernon Petit, and Mark Petit.
The funeral liturgy for Joe will be held at 10 AM on Saturday. April 13, 2002 at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street in Kaukauna with Fr. Jim Lucas officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Friday from 4 – 8 PM and again Saturday at the church from 9 AM until the hour of the service. There will be a parish prayer and scripture service on Friday at 7 PM at the funeral home. On Saturday, Military Memorial Rites will be provided by members of Electric City Post #3319 of the VFW.
The family would like to extend their gratitude to the entire staff at Parkside Care Center, and to Dr. Gustafson and his clinic staff. You all took such great care of Joe; we will be forever thankful.
Fargo Funeral Home 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130 920-766-6200.
Luella M Petit
F, b. April 16, 1919, d. December 25, 2012
- Birth: Luella M Petit was born on April 16, 1919 in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joseph S VanVonderen were married on August 27, 1941 in Most Precious Blood Church, New London, Wisconsin.
- Death: Luella M Petit died on December 25, 2012, at age 93.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Luella M. Van Vonderen, age 93, of the Canal Place in Kaukauna, surrounded by all her children passed away at Appleton Medical Center on Christmas Day. She was born on April 16, 1919 in New London, the daughter of the late Edward and Amelia (Wood) Petit. On August 27, 1941, she married Joseph Van Vonderen at Most Precious Blood in New London. Luella was a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church, Hobby Club, Golden Agers, #3319 VFW Auxiliary, and Knights of Columbus Ladies. She was an avid sheepshead player.
Luella is survived by her children: Shirley (Larry) Abts, John Van Vonderen, Karen (Tom) Portman and Lynn (Jim) Landers; daughter-in-law: Theresa Van Vonderen; grandchildren: Brant (Ellie) Abts and Troy (Elaina) Abts; Cory (Dawn), Carrie, and Joshua Van Vonderen; Shawn (Lara) Van Vonderen, Terra (Dave) Swanson, Dustin and Tamara Van Vonderen; Jared Portman, Ryan (Michelle McCarville) Portman, and Adam Portman; Mathew and Sara Hicks; step-grandchildren: Kari Schilling-George, Jason (Dodie) Hicks, Amy Foster, Jessica (Renzo) Carlin, and Noelle Landers; seventeen great-grandchildren; five step-great grandchildren; and a great great grandson. She is further survived by sisters-in-law: Lois, Ann, and Margaret Petit; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Luella was preceded in death by her husband, Joseph Van Vonderen; son, Gary Van Vonderen; and eight brothers and a sister.
The funeral liturgy for Luella will be held at 11:00 am on Friday, December 28, 2012 at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street, Kaukauna. Fr. Tom Pomeroy will be officiating. A visitation will be held Friday at the church from 9:00 am until the time of mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in her name. Online condolences can be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
John J VanVonderen
Gary G VanVonderen
M, b. January 20, 1954, d. November 18, 2006
- Birth: Gary G VanVonderen was born on January 20, 1954 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 18, 2006, at age 52.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 20, 2006
Van Vonderen, Gary G. "Pickle" Gary G. Van Vonderen, 52, died unexpectedly, Saturday afternoon, November 18, 2006. He was born January 20, 1954, to Joseph and Luella (Petit) Van Vonderen, in Kaukauna, where he was a resident all of his life. Gary was the proud owner of Van's Service for over 30 years. He was Assistant Fire Chief for Town of Kaukauna-Vandenbroek Fire Department and had been with the department for 25 years. Gary loved hunting on his land near Shiocton and had just built his dream cottage on Lake Winnebago. His family was the most important thing in his life. He was a member of Holy Cross Catholic Church.
He is survived by his wife, Theresa H. (Goy) Van Vonderen, to whom he had been married for 25 wonderful years; four children, Shawn Van Vonderen; Terra Van Vonderen and her special friend, David Swanson; Dustin Van Vonderen and his special friend, Rhiannon Hancock; Tamara Van Vonderen, all of Kaukauna; his mother, Luella Van Vonderen; a brother John Van Vonderen, Kaukauna; three sisters, Shirley (Larry) Abts, Florida; Karen (Tom) Portman, Freedom; Lynn Hicks, Washington; his mother-in-law, Delores Goy; a sister-in-law, Mary (Ben) Ortiz, California; a brother-in-law, Franklin Goy, North Carolina; and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his father, Joseph Van Vonderen; and a brother-in-law, Jeff Hicks.
The funeral liturgy for Gary will be held at 11 am, Wednesday, November 22, 2006, at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street, Kaukauna, with Father Jack Mullarkey officiating. Burial will be in Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home from 4-8 p.m., Tuesday and at the church on Wednesday, from 10 a.m. until the time of the mass. A parish prayer and scripture service will be at 7 p.m., Tuesday. A memorial fund is being established.
FARGO FUNERAL HOME
400 West Wisconsin Avenue
Shirley Ann VanVonderen
Lynn Mary VanVonderen
Jeffrey Lowell Hicks
M, b. 1947, d. yes
- Birth: Jeffrey Lowell Hicks was born in 1947.
- Death: He died yes.
Dorothy A Evers
F, b. November 5, 1925, d. November 19, 2006
- Birth: Dorothy A Evers was born on November 5, 1925 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on May 1, 1948 in St Joseph Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 19, 2006, at age 81.
- Note: November 21, 2006
George, Dorothy A. Dorothy A. George, age 81, of Appleton, passed away Sunday, November 19, 2006. Dorothy was born on November 5, 1925, to Martin and Florence (Boldt) Evers in the town of Grand Chute. On May 1, 1948, she married Mitchel George at the St. Joseph Catholic Church, Appleton.
Dorothy is survived by a daughter, Margaret Barth, Appleton; four brothers: Eugene, Appleton; Vernon (Bev), Greenville; LeRoy (Nancy), Bean Town; Norm (Doris) Evers, Greenville; two sisters: Joyce (Bob) Gosse and Lois Bissing, both of Black Creek; two grandchildren: Marcy (Mark) Peterson and Belinda (fiance James Brown) Smith; five great grandchildren: Sara Smith, Elizabeth, Allen and David Peterson, and Cheyanne Brown. Dorothy is further survived by nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, and a brother, Clarence Evers, a brother-in-law, Leo Bissing, a sister-in-law, Rose Evers, also preceded in death by nieces and nephews.
Memorial Services for Dorothy will be held at a later date.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
Appleton, WI 54911
"Serving as would be Served."
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena