M, b. 1925, d. 2001
- Birth: Cliff Wilz was born in 1925.
- Death: He died in 2001, at age ~76.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Clifford Herman Brockman
Carl Arthur Brockman
M, b. April 3, 1924, d. December 13, 1997
- Birth: Carl Arthur Brockman was born on April 3, 1924.
- Death: He died on December 13, 1997, at age 73, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 11, 1911, d. April 19, 1988
- Birth: Donald Mericle was born on July 11, 1911 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 19, 1988, at age 76, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Anna Frances Birling
F, b. August 2, 1912, d. January 28, 1984
- Birth: Anna Frances Birling was born on August 2, 1912 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 28, 1984, at age 71, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Edna Mary Mericle
F, b. May 31, 1939, d. March 31, 2002
- Birth: Edna Mary Mericle was born on May 31, 1939 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Peter W Derkes were married on August 2, 1958 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Edna Mary Mericle died on March 31, 2002, at age 62, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Derkes, Edna M.
Age 62, died Sunday, March 31, 2002 at St. Elizabeth Hospital, following a long struggle with a respiratory illness. Edna was born May 31, 1939 in Appleton, daughter of the late Donald and Ann (Birling) Mericle. She was married to Peter Derkes on August 2, 1958 in Menasha. He preceded her in death September 24, 2001. Edna was a life member of the VFW Auxiliary in Appleton, Post #2778. She is survived by her five children: Cheryl Reh, Appleton Tom Derkes and his fiancee', Melissa Johnson, Appleton Diane Derkes, Appleton Don (Deb) Derkes, Menasha Tina Derkes, Neenah seven grandchildren: Kevin, Nicholas and Amy Reh, Talia Puente, Bonita Derkes, Douglas and Diamond Derkes three sisters: Donna (Gordon) Remter, Appleton Mary (Martin) Vande Burgt, Brillion Darlene (Earl) Baier, Neenah a brother, Gilbert and Sharron Mericle, Menasha two sisters-in-law: Wilma (William) Glasheen, Kimberly Leona (Claire) Baumann, Appleton her godchildren, Michael Mericle and Cathy Vande Burgt as well as nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends. She was preceded in death by a sister, Beverly Klinker father and mother-in-law, William and Nellie Derkes a great niece, Mackenzie Luksavage and a sister and brother-in-law, Marie and Edward Rosner. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, April 3, 2002, at 7:00 P.M. at Menasha's Westgor Funeral Home. Relatives and friends may call on Wednesday from 4:00 P.M. till time of services. Interment will be in Greenlawn Memorial Park. A memorial is being established in her name.When I am gone, release me,
Let me go, I have so many things
To see and do. You mustn't tie
yourself to me in tears.
Be thankful for our beautiful years.
I gave you my love. You can only
guess how much you gave
to me in happiness. I thank you
for the love you each have shown.
But now it's time I traveled on
alone. So grieve a while for me,
If grieve you must, let your grief
be comforted by trust. It's only
for a time that we must part,
so bless the memories within
your heart. I won't be far
away, for life goes on
and if you need me, call and I
will come, Though you can't
see or touch me, I'll be near
And if you listen with your heart,
You'll hear all my love around you
soft and clear. And then, when you
must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and say
Absent from the body, present
with the Lord.
Nothing dies, that is remembered.
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
1140 Appleton Road
Peter W Derkes
M, b. August 22, 1933, d. September 24, 2001
- Birth: Peter W Derkes was born on August 22, 1933 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Edna Mary Mericle were married on August 2, 1958 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Peter W Derkes died on September 24, 2001, at age 68, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Greenlawn Memorial Park, Neenah, Wisconsin.
Cheryl L Derkes
Gordon E Remter
M, b. September 12, 1930, d. November 14, 2006
- Birth: Gordon E Remter was born on September 12, 1930 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on January 29, 1955.
- Death: He died on November 14, 2006, at age 76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gordon E. Remter, age 76, of Appleton, passed away on November 14, 2006 at Appleton Medical Center. He was born on September 12, 1930 in Freedom, Wisconsin, the son of Gordy and Esther (Luebke) Remter. Gordon was united in marriage to Donna Mericle on January 29, 1955. Gordon was a Korean War vet and belonged to the Moose Lodge in Appleton. He enjoyed golfing, boating, darts, cribbage, motorcycling, photography, and tending bar. Gordon is survived by his wife, Donna; a son, Steven (Vicki) Remter of Appleton; daughters, Pam (Don) Leidig of Covington, Georgia, Cheri Castellion of Appleton, Denice Remter of Appleton, Dawn Remter of Oshkosh; brothers, Donald (Gladys) Remter of Yuma, Arizona, Gerald Remter of Appleton; a sister, Judy (Donald) Schmidt of Appleton; 13 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents, a brother, Vernon Remter; sisters-in-law, Beverly Klinker and Edna (Peter) Dercks; a brother in law, Earl Baier; and a niece, Debra chmidt. Funeral services will be held at Valley Funeral Home, 2211 N. Richmond St., Appleton on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 8pm with Pastor Dennis Belter officiating. Visitation will be held from 4pm until time of service. “The family would like to thank Unit 1 Franciscan Care Nurses, Wendy, Ellen, and Erin.”.
Earl B Baier
M, b. May 30, 1935, d. August 15, 2004
- Birth: Earl B Baier was born on May 30, 1935 in Oconomowoc, Waukesha Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on February 14, 1995.
- Death: He died on August 15, 2004, at age 69, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. November 26, 1942, d. December 7, 2013
- Birth: Gilbert Mericle was born on November 26, 1942 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 21, 1965 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 7, 2013, at age 71, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gilbert D. Mericle, age 71, of Menasha, passed away unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer on Saturday, December 7, 2013, at Rennes Health Center in Appleton. On November 26, 1942, Gilbert was born in Appleton to the late Donald and Anna (Birling) Mericle. Gilbert was united in marriage to Sharron Dahl on August 21, 1965 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Menasha.
Gilbert loved being "Up North" at his cottage with his dog Trooper, sitting on the front porch, deer hunting, fishing, riding his 4-wheeler, or feeding his wilderness friends.
Gilbert will be missed by Sharron and their children: Vicky (Charles) Plumbley, Carrie (Larry) Smit, Mike (Kerri) Mericle; his grandchildren: Nicole, Ashley, Payton, Josh, and Brooke; sisters: Donna Remter, Mary (Martin) Vande Burgt, Darlene Baier, mother-in-law, Lois Dahl; sisters-in-law: Rita Heinz, Diane (Dennis) Nackers, Carla (Tom) Williamson; a brother-in-law Darryl Quimby; and other relatives and friends.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his granddaughter, McKenzie, father-in-law, Lawrence Dahl; sisters: Edna (Pete) Derkes, Beverly Klinker; sister-in-law, Kathy Quimby; brothers-in-law: Gordon Remter, Earl Baier, and Mike Heinz.
The Funeral will be held at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street in Menasha. Visitation will be held from 3:00 pm until the time of the service at the funeral home. Inurnment will take place at St. Mary Cemetery in the Town of Menasha. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at AMC, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Peabody Manor, and Rennes Health Center for the kindness and care given to Gilbert and his family.