Edna Marion Knoll
F, b. May 9, 1913, d. May 5, 1986
- Birth: Edna Marion Knoll was born on May 9, 1913 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Richard Matthew Hopfensperger were married on July 11, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Edna Marion Knoll died on May 5, 1986, at age 72, in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Note: SOURCE: APPLETON POST CRESCENT OBITUARY
Mrs. Richard Hopfensperger (Edna M. Knoll) 1511 E. John St., age 72 died at 6:15 AM Monday May 5, 1986 following an extended illness. She was born May 9, 1913 in Appleton, where she had been a resident all of her life. She was a member of St. Bernadette Catholic Church.
Survivors include her husband, Richard; three daughters and a son in-law; Pat Hopfensperger at home; Betty Achterberg, Neenah; Debra and Robert Solberg, Memomonee, Mi.; three sons and daughter in-law; Richard and Margaret, Menasha; Thomas and Sharon, Keith and Linda, all of Appleton; three sisters and a brother in-law; Hilda Rundhammer, Monroe, Wi.; Eleanor Budweiser, Menasha; Marge and Chuck Deeg, Appleton; 12 grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
The funeral will be 10 AM Wesdnesday, May 7, 1986 at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 2525 E. Lourdes Dr. with Fr. John Clark officiating. Interment will be in the Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy. Friends may call at the Wichmann Funeral Home 537 N. Superior St. from 4 until 8 PM Tuesday, and from 8 AM Wednesday until the cortege leaves for the church. The prayer and scripture service will be 7 PM Tuesday. A memorial fund is being established.
Richard John Hopfensperger
M, b. December 27, 1939, d. September 19, 2014
- Birth: Richard John Hopfensperger was born on December 27, 1939 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on July 1, 1961 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 19, 2014, at age 74.
- Note: Richard J. Hopfensperger, Sr., age 74, of Menasha, entered into Eternal Life on Friday, September 19, 2014. He was born on December 27, 1939 to the late Richard and Edna (Knoll) Hopfensperger.
Richard is survived by his beloved wife of 53 years, Margaret; daughters: Denise (Tim) Kempen and TerryLyn (Kevin) Eisch; son: Richard Jr. (Sherry); grandchildren: Tim Jr. (Tanya) Kempen, Kimberly (Jeff Wood) Eisch, Andy (Caitlin) Kempen, Erin Kempen, Jenni (Alex MacKowski) Eisch, Taylor Kempen, Kate (Peter Gauthier) Hopfensperger, and Karoline Hopfensperger; great grandchildren: Jakob, Kylie, and Hannah Kempen; sister: Betty Achterberg; baby sister: Debbie Solberg; brothers: Tom (Sharon) and Keith (Linda). He is further survived by numerous nieces, nephews and brothers-in-law. Last but not least,his trusty companion R.E.O.
Richard retired from Appleton Wire Works/ Valley Cast/Luvata after 33 years of service.
A memorial service for Richard will be held at 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, September 23, 2014, at the WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME TRI-COUNTY CHAPEL, 1592 Oneida St., Menasha, with Minister Duane Bellin officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 4:00 p.m. until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Neenah Animal Shelter are appreciated.
The Hopfensperger family would like to thank the St. Elizabeth ICU staff; Josh, Allison, Kim, Dr. Wagner and Dr. Avery.
Patricia A Hopfensperger
F, b. November 2, 1936, d. December 5, 1990
- Birth: Patricia A Hopfensperger was born on November 2, 1936 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 5, 1990, at age 54, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Note: SOURCE: APPLETON POST CRESCENT OBITUARY Born: 11/2/1936 12/7/1990 Died: 12/5/1990
Patricia Hopfensperger 1511 E. John St., Appleton, age 54 died Wednesday afternoon, following a lengthy illness. Pat was born 11/2/1936 in Appleton where she had resided all of her life. She was employed by Riverside Paper Co. for 32 years and was a member of St. Bernadette Catholic Church.
Pat is survived by her father, Richard, Appleton; three brothers; Richard and Margaret, Menasha; Thomas and Sharon, Appleton; Keith and Linda, Appleton; two sisters; Betty Achterberg, Neenah; and Debra and Robert Solberg, Forest Junction; seven nephews; Doug, Eric, Thomas Jr. Steven and Richard Jr. Hopfensperger; Robert and Daniel Solberg; five nieces; Cindy Achterberg, Denise Kempen and Terry Eisch, Tony Hopfensperger, and Carrie Solberg. She is further survived by her caregivers; Tricia, susie, Ruth, Shawna; great nieces and nephews, cousins, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Edna in 1986. The Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 8, 1990, at St. Bernadette Catholic Church, 2525 E. Lourdes Dr. Interment will be in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy. Friends may call at the Wichmann Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior St. on Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. until the cortege leaves for the church. The prayer and scripture service will be at 7 p.m. Friday. A memorial fund is being established.
Elizabeth Jean Hopfensperger
F, b. March 29, 1938, d. October 19, 2017
- Birth: Elizabeth Jean Hopfensperger was born on March 29, 1938 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 7, 1959 in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 19, 2017, at age 79.
- Note: Elizabeth J. Achterberg, age 79 of Neenah, passed away peacefully on Thursday, October 19, 2017. She was born May 29, 1938 to the late Richard and Edna (Knoll) Hopfensperger in Appleton. She worked for Kimberly-Clark, Badger Globe division for 34 years, retiring in 1996.
Betty was a feisty lady who was very sociable person until her cancer diagnosis in 2010. She was friends with everyone from the senator, to the mayor and everyone in between. She had many special friends and will be sadly missed by all, but she is at peace now.
Betty will be sadly missed by her daughter, Cindy (Roy) Korth, who was her everything. Elizabeth worked and lived for Cindy. Further surviving are her step-grandchildren: Ryan Korth and Crystal (Paul) Gusse; as well as her brothers: Tom (Sharon) Hopfensperger; Keith (Linda) Hopfensperger; sister, Debbie Solberg; and sister-in-law, Margaret Hopfensperger. She was preceded in death by her siblings: Patricia Hopfensperger, and Richard Hopfensperger, Jr.; and by her significant other, Duane "Buzz" Nelson.
Per Betty's wishes, there will not be any formal funeral service.
Westgor Funeral Home
205 W. Doty Ave.
I am home in heaven, dear ones; Oh, so happy and so bright! There is perfect joy and beauty In this everlasting light, All the pain and grief is over, Every restless tossing passed; I am now at peace forever, Safely home in heaven at last. Then you must not grieve so sorely, For I love you dearly still; Try to look beyond earth's shadows, Pray to trust our Father's will.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Oct. 21, 2017.
Robert J Solberg
Margaret Mary Strebe
Tina Lynn Biese
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Robert Richard Lehrer
M, b. June 7, 1910, d. January 4, 1986
- Father: Anton Lehrer (b. January 17, 1875, d. February 25, 1950)
- Mother: Anna Fischer (b. November 4, 1882, d. November 22, 1919)
- Birth: Robert Richard Lehrer was born on June 7, 1910 in Auburndale, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Katherine Blanche Hopfensperger were married on January 8, 1934 in Holy Angels Church, Darboy, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert Richard Lehrer died on January 4, 1986, at age 75, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: SOURCE: APPLETON POST CRESCENT OBITUARY Sunday January 5, 1986
Robert R. Lehrer, 930 Tullar Rd., Neenah, age 75, passed away Saturday morning, January 4, 1986 at Theda Clark Regional Medical Center. He was born June 7, 1910, at Auburndale, Wi. He was self-employed as a contractor for 27 years. In 1953, he built the largest number of single-family residences in Neenah; for health reasons he sold his business and later worked as a supervisor for R&R Steel Construction Company Inc., retiring in 1975. He married Katherine Blanche Hopfensperger on January 8, 1934, in Darboy. They would have celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary on January 8th. He was a member of St. Gabriel Catholic Church, Neenah.
Survivors include his wife, Katherine; two daughters and sons in-law, Theresa and Otto Zoesch, Neenah, and Rosemary and Michael Weninger, Van Dyne; five sons and six daughters in-law; Robert J. and Martha, Dennis and Elayne, Roger and Lilas, Reinhold and Marilyn, all of Neenah, Roy and Linda, Appleton, and Eunice Lehrer, Neenah, three brothers, Maurice of Cicero, Ill., Wally of Menasha, and Clement of Appleton; four sisters, Gertrude Steffen, Veronica Vander Linden, Genevieve Herman, all of Appleton, and Annette Lehrer, Neenah; 29 grandchildren; and 2 great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Richard Lee Lehrer, July 27, 1985; three grandchildren; and a brother, Connie.
Funeral services will be at 10:15 a.m. Monday at the Kessler Funeral Home, and at 10:45 a.m. at St. Gabriel Catholic Church, the Rev. Richard L. Allen officiating. Interment will be in St. Margaret Cemetery, Neenah. Friends may call at the Kessler Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday where a prayer service will be held at 8 p.m.
Theresa A Lehrer
F, b. August 5, 1937, d. June 2, 2017
- Birth: Theresa A Lehrer was born on August 5, 1937 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Otto C Zoesch were married on July 7, 1956 in Shiocton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Theresa A Lehrer died on June 2, 2017, at age 79.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Theresa "Nancy" (Lehrer) Zoesch 79, of Neenah, passed peacefully at home on Friday, June 2, 2017. She was born August 5, 1937 in Appleton. Theresa was born at home 3 months ahead of time without aid of a physician. She grew up in a large family of 6 boys and 2 girls on a farm in Shiocton. She graduated from Shiocton High School in 1955, married Otto Zoesch in 1956 and welcomed 4 daughters into the family. Theresa received her real estate brokerage license in 1974 and started out working for Alpha One Real Estate. In 1978 she opened her own real estate firm, ERA Paper Valley Realtors later changing to Prudential Paper Valley Realtors. Theresa was the Wisconsin Realtors' Governmental Affairs Chairman from 1981-1982. Theresa retired from real estate in 2002 the same year her granddaughter Zoe was born followed by grandson Otto in 2003. She enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and loved them dearly. Theresa was always interested in politics and after retirement she joined the Winnebago Chapter of Republican Women where she became very active in campaigning for local, state and national candidates. She also enjoyed the wonderful and interesting women she met and worked with in her group. Theresa spent the last 4 years fighting colon cancer with much grace, courage and dignity. She was able to accomplish her bucket list traveling with her children and grandchildren to Ireland, Hawaii, Dominican Republic and Panama. During this time she was also a mentor to friend Hanna through Best Friends of Neenah-Menasha.
Theresa is survived by daughters: Maryann (Bob) Zoesch-Garrow, Chilton; Lorraine (Bill Sturm) Zoesch, Appleton; and Rose Marie (Renny) Zoesch-Weigel, Neenah; 2 grandchildren: Otto and Zoe Zoesch-Weigel; sister Rosemary (Mike) Weninger, Van Dyne; brothers: Robert (Martha) Lehrer, Dennis (Elayne) Lehrer, Roger Lehrer, and Rocky (Marilyn) Lehrer, all of Neenah, Roy (Linda) Lehrer, Appleton and brother-in-law Gordon Altenhofen, Beaverton, OR, as well as many nieces and nephews all who were dear to her.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents Robert and Katherine (Hopfensperger) Lehrer; daughter Diane; brother Richard Lehrer; sisters-in-law Eunice Lehrer, Lilas Lehrer, Anna May McAlpin and Kathryn Altenhofen.
Funeral services will be held at 11:30 A.M., Thursday, June 8, 2017, at St. Gabriel Catholic Church, 900 Geiger Street, Neenah, with Fr. Larry Seidl officiating. Internment will be in St. Margaret Cemetery, Neenah. Visitation will be from 4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. with a prayer service and a time for sharing at 6:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, at the Kessler Funeral Home, 304 S. Commercial Street, Neenah and from 10:30 A.M. Thursday at the church until the time of the Mass.
Theresa wanted to give a special thank you to Maryann who went to every chemo treatment for 4 years, Lorraine who retired from her job to be available when needed, Denny and Elayne Lehrer, Rory Lehrer, Travis Lehrer, Rosemary Weninger, Wanda and Bill Graham, Steve Koeller and Dee Komenaka, who were all there to give her support and a helping hand; and to the medical staff at Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology Neenah that made her last years as comfortable as possible.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 4, 2017.