M, b. circa 1865
- Birth: Louis Furst was born circa 1865.
F, b. circa 1868, d. 1952
- Birth: Theresa Schreindorfer was born circa 1868.
- Death: She died in 1952.
F, b. June 14, 1902, d. January 1981
Family: Jacob VanDomelen (b. October 2, 1902, d. December 2, 1978)
- Dorothy Mae VanDomelen (b. June 17, 1925, d. May 19, 2008)
- Carl Henry VanDomelen (b. September 26, 1926, d. January 19, 1991)
- Mildred Anne VanDomelen (b. September 22, 1928, d. May 6, 1956)
- Ethel (Helene) Rita VanDomelen (b. March 6, 1932, d. October 6, 2006)
- Birth: Mildred Heller was born on June 14, 1902.
- Marriage: She and Jacob VanDomelen were married on August 18, 1924 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mildred Heller died in January 1981, at age 78, in St Petersburg, Pinellas Co, Florida.
Dorothy Mae VanDomelen
F, b. June 17, 1925, d. May 19, 2008
- Birth: Dorothy Mae VanDomelen was born on June 17, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roy Emil Fahlstrom were married on November 28, 1947 in Escanaba, Delta Co, Michigan.
- Death: Dorothy Mae VanDomelen died on May 19, 2008, at age 82.
- Note: May 25, 2008
Dorothy Mae (VanDomelen) Fahlstrom, 82, died at home on May 19, 2008, after a long struggle with gradually worsening heart failure.
Dorothy was born June 17, l925, in Little Chute/Appleton, the oldest child of Jacob and Mildred (Heller) VanDomelen. She attended Menominee High School where she graduated in 1944.
One of her first jobs was as a telephone operator, and she attended telephone company reunion banquets for many years.
Dorothy was married in November 1947, to Roy Fahlstrom of Menominee, Mich. and they spent their early married life in Escanaba and Munising, Upper Michigan.
After moving to Green Bay in 1950, Roy and Dorothy Fahlstrom became the American distributors of Viking/Husqvarna Sewing Machines, a business they operated until his death in 1973. Dorothy supported the firm strongly through much business entertaining, and helping to organize and lead many dealer trips to the Swedish factory.
Dorothy was known for her friendship, keeping an open house, and providing a constant stream of coffee and warm interest for all who visited.
She was an "extra mom" for many young friends of her seven children, and was generous in gifts of dishes and furnishings. She loved reading, and was an active user of the library.
In later life, her enthusiasms included travel, especially to the Hawaiian Islands. Her interest in others was a constant throughout her life, and she was a strong and loving Mom and grandmother.
She is survived by her seven children, Joan, Curt and Greg Fahlstrom, Green Bay; Elizabeth Fahlstrom Bruns, Sun Prairie; John (Tenzin) Fahlstrom, Hopkins, Minn.; Trish Fahlstrom (Jonathan Peters), Loveland, Colo.; and Kay Fahlstrom, San Francisco, Calif. She is also survived by grandson, Evan Bruns; granddaughters, Tracy Ellingson (Bill Anderson), St. Francis, Minn. and their children, Dustin, Erin, Ryan, Justin and Annie; Wendy (Terry) Vlies, Green Bay; and Holly Ramage, Allentown, Penn. She is also survived by a brother and sister-in-law, John (Augusta) VanDomelen, Cleveland Ohio; cousins, Mary (Richard) Bajorek, Green Bay; and Rev. Robert Feller, St. Norbert Abbey; nephews, Gregor (Emiliya) Petersen, Wallace, Mich.; Jon (Pat) Fahlstrom, Shorewood, Minn.; nieces, Olivia Shoemaker, Gig Harbor, Wash.; and MarleenPutnam, Lynnwood, Wash.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Roy Fahlstrom; her parents, Jacob and Mildred VanDomelen; her brother, Carl (Candy) VanDomelen, St. Petersburg, Fla.; her sister, Mildred (Fred) Norcross, Roswell, N.M.; and her sister, Helene (Frank) Loser, Menominee, Mich.; and cousin, James Feller.
Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the family. Dorothy Fahlstrom's express wish was for cremation and no traditional viewing. Friends, please visit with the family at the house, or join us at an informal memorial reception to be held June 14, 2008 . Please contact the family for details.
Roy Emil Fahlstrom
M, b. August 25, 1922, d. February 4, 1973
- Birth: Roy Emil Fahlstrom was born on August 25, 1922 in Wallace, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy Mae VanDomelen were married on November 28, 1947 in Escanaba, Delta Co, Michigan.
- Death: Roy Emil Fahlstrom died on February 4, 1973, at age 50.
Curtis Jacob Fahlstrom
M, b. August 23, 1950, d. January 4, 2015
- Birth: Curtis Jacob Fahlstrom was born on August 23, 1950 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on December 5, 1981 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 4, 2015, at age 64.
- Note: Curt Fahlstrom, 64, passed away of natural causes while on vacation in Florida on Jan. 4, 2015.
Curt was born Aug. 23, 1950, in Green Bay, Wis., the second child of Roy and Dorothy Fahlstrom (Van Domelen). He attended Premontre High School, where he graduated in 1968. Graduating as a Mechanical Engineer from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, School of Engineering he lived and worked in Milwaukee before returning to live and work in the Green Bay area as a Professional Engineer and Engineering Consultant. Curt was known for his friendship, love of music, and the outdoors. He particularly enjoyed owning dogs, sailing, fishing, camping, and hunting in Wisconsin, the UP, Alaska, and Canada.
He is survived by his siblings, Joan Fahlstrom, Sun Prairie, Wis.; Elizabeth Fahlstrom-Bruns, Sun Prairie, Wis.; John (Tenzin) Fahlstrom, Hopkins, Minn.; Patricia Fahlstrom (Jonathan Peters), Loveland, Colo.; Greg Fahlstrom, Green Bay, Wis.; Kay Fahlstrom, Larkspur, Calif.; and nephew, Evan Bruns, Sun Prairie, Wis.
He is also survived by an aunt, Augusta Van Domelen and many cousins, Mary (Richard) Bajorek, Rev. Robert Feller, Susan Joppe, Kathy Hanson, Jean (Don) Pearson, Gregor (Emiliya) Petersen, Jon (Pat) Fahlstrom, Olivia Shoemaker, Marleen Putnam, Carl (Sally) Van Domelen, Susan Loudermilk, Ann (Ken) Beyer, Neil Van Domelen, and Rob (Warren) McKelvy. Curt was married to and divorced from Marylee Tatro Fahlstrom and is survived by stepdaughters, Tracy Ellingson (Bill Anderson), Wendy Vlies and Holly Ramage.
He was preceded in death by his father Roy Fahlstrom and his mother Dorothy Fahlstrom (Van Domelen).
A Mass naming Curt will be held at Notre Dame Academy (Premontre) Feb. 20 at 7:30 a.m. and a service for Curt will be held at the Notre Dame Academy Chapel at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 21.
In lieu of flowers, we are asking you to consider a contribution to Notre Dame Academy's tuition assistance program. Any checks should be sent to the following:
Notre Dame Academy
Attn: Char Dunlap
610 Maryhill Drive
Green Bay, WI 54303.
Please contact the family for other memorial arrangements.
Carl Henry VanDomelen
M, b. September 26, 1926, d. January 19, 1991
- Birth: Carl Henry VanDomelen was born on September 26, 1926 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 19, 1991, at age 64, in Largo, Pinellas Co, Florida.
Betty Jean Nordstrom
F, b. February 26, 1932, d. September 19, 1993
- Birth: Betty Jean Nordstrom was born on February 26, 1932.
- Death: She died on September 19, 1993, at age 61, in Largo, Pinellas Co, Florida.
Carl Howard Nordstrom
M, b. September 29, 1903, d. February 5, 1976
Family: Jenny Hill (b. March 12, 1907, d. March 5, 1988)
- Birth: Carl Howard Nordstrom was born on September 29, 1903 in Calumet, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Jenny Hill were married on June 20, 1931 in Calumet, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Death: Carl Howard Nordstrom died on February 5, 1976, at age 72, in Laurium, Houghton Co, Michigan.
F, b. March 12, 1907, d. March 5, 1988
- Birth: Jenny Hill was born on March 12, 1907.
- Marriage: She and Carl Howard Nordstrom were married on June 20, 1931 in Calumet, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Death: Jenny Hill died on March 5, 1988, at age 80, in Seminole, Florida.
Mildred Anne VanDomelen
F, b. September 22, 1928, d. May 6, 1956
- Birth: Mildred Anne VanDomelen was born on September 22, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Fred S Norcross were married on June 1, 1949.
- Death: Mildred Anne VanDomelen died on May 6, 1956, at age 27, in Roswell, Chaves Co, New Mexico.
Fred S Norcross
M, b. November 9, 1926, d. March 31, 1990
- Birth: Fred S Norcross was born on November 9, 1926.
- Marriage: He and Mildred Anne VanDomelen were married on June 1, 1949.
- Death: Fred S Norcross died on March 31, 1990, at age 63, in Stratford, Garvin Co, Oklahoma.
Thomas Allen Norcross
M, b. July 16, 1952, d. October 4, 1984
- Birth: Thomas Allen Norcross was born on July 16, 1952 in Beufordtown, Berkeley Co, South Carolina.
- Marriage: He was married on December 31, 1977.
- Death: He died on October 4, 1984, at age 32, in Roswell, Chaves Co, New Mexico.
- Note: Died in plane crash.