Francis Xavier (Bud) Hanegraaf
M, b. July 1, 1925, d. April 27, 2012
- Birth: Francis Xavier (Bud) Hanegraaf was born on July 1, 1925 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Betty Ann Phillips were married on January 28, 1950 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Francis Xavier (Bud) Hanegraaf died on April 27, 2012, at age 86, in Henderson, Clark Co, Nevada.
- Note: Francis (Bud) Hanegraaf, age 86 of Bullhead City Arizona, died Friday April 27, 2012 in Henderson Nevada. Bud is survived by his wife of 62 years, Betty Hanegraaf, son David Hanegraaf, daughters Sandie Fraits, Jodie Hazenberg, and Carrie Blake, sisters Dean Shultz, Germaine Nachel, Joan Frassetto, MaryBeth VandeLoo as well as 13 grand children and 8 great grand children. Bud was preceded in death by sisters Pauline Giordana and Rita Foster.
Bud was born in Kimberly Wisconsin to Martin and Katherine Hanegraaf. He resided the last six years in Bullhead City Arizona. A veteran of WWII, Bud served from 1941-1945 in the European theater and was a recipient of several military honors including the purple heart.
Bud retired from Point Mugu Pacific Missile Test Center where he worked on range communications for many launches including the STS-1 the first space shuttle Columbia.
A celebration of life will be held at 1:00pm Thursday May 3rd at Fiesta Resort, Bullhead City, AZ. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Bud's memory.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on May 1, 2012.
Rita Mae Hanegraaf
F, b. December 5, 1930, d. November 22, 2008
- Birth: Rita Mae Hanegraaf was born on December 5, 1930 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John Kenneth Sorensen were married on October 7, 1950.
- Marriage: Rita Mae Hanegraaf and Kenneth Carter Foster were married on May 4, 1957.
- Death: Rita Mae Hanegraaf died on November 22, 2008, at age 77.
- Burial: She was buried in St Margaret Mary Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: November 25, 2008
Foster, Rita Mae
On November 22, 2008, at the age of 77, the Lord saw that Rita could no longer endure her 12 year battle with Alzheimer's disease and called her home.
Rita was born December 5, 1930, in the home of her parents, Martin and Kate Hanegraaf, in Kimberly, WI. Kimberly remained her home along with six siblings until she graduated from Kimberly High School in 1949.
Rita married Ken Sorensen October 7, 1950, and left Kimberly to be with him at the Air Force base in Chicopee Falls, MA, where sons Claude and Mike were born. When Ken's tour was over they moved back to Neenah, WI where sons Jeff and Kevin were born. While in the process of building their first home, on August 4, 1955, Ken was taken from his wife, their four young sons and an unfinished home during the polio epidemic. Family and many friends pitched in to help finish the house. Rita raised her four boys alone until she met Ken Foster and they were married on May 4, 1957. Ken lovingly adopted the four boys. Together they added three more children, Jill, Steve, and Dan.
Over the years Rita enjoyed many hobbies. One of her greatest talents was sewing. With six boys and one girl she made all her daughter's dresses and also sewed many of the boy's shirts. She enjoyed knitting on her knitting machine and made beautiful scarves, sweaters and afghans. Each year she made hand crafted items and gave them as gifts. At Christmas we could always count on Rita to make peanut clusters, sea foam candy, fudge and fruitcake.
Ken and Rita enjoyed traveling in their motor home, snowmobiling and were avid boaters. They instilled the love of boating, swimming and water skiing in all of their children. Rita also worked part time at Schneider National Trucking in Neenah for eight years until Ken's retirement from the Neenah Police Department in 1987. They then made their home on Lake Winneconne. During retirement Rita and Ken enjoyed their winter home in Florida. Rita also kept active tap dancing with Reverend Ruge's group and would entertain others with their lively routines. One of her favorite pastimes was taking the bus and socializing to play Bingo.
Rita leaves behind her husband Ken, their children: Claude (Chris) Foster, Neenah; Mike (Katie) Foster, New London; Jeff Foster, Omro; Kevin (Peggy) Foster, Talkeetna, AK; Jill Appel, Menasha; Steve (Karen) Foster, Neenah; Dan (Amy) Foster, Neenah. She is further survived by 14 Grandchildren and five Great-Grandchildren. Along with her sisters: Bernadine (Deane) Schultz, Germaine (Gim) Nachel, Joan Frassetto, Mary Beth Van De Loo; brother, Francis (Bud) Hanegraaf (Betty) and sister in law, Jackie Spilski, along with many nieces and nephews.
Preceding her and waiting to greet her in heaven are her first husband Ken Sorensen, her parents, Martin & Kate Hanegraaf, her sister and brother in law Pauline (Pope) & Bob Giordana, brother in laws Bob Schultz, Bob Nachel, Francis (Fras) Frassetto, Jim Van De Loo, and Joe Spilski, her mother in law Marie Sorensen, and her father & mother in law Harry & Isabell Foster.
The family would like to extend our deep and heartfelt thanks for the support and loving care extended to Rita by hospice: especially Mary, Barbara, Rachel & Ellen, as well as Rhonda and the caregivers at Care Partners Assisted Living in Little Chute where Rita spent her final days.
A Celebratory Mass of Rita's life will be at St. Gabriel Catholic Church in Neenah, with Father Richard Allen officiating. Friends may call at the church on Friday, November 28th at 9 a.m. until the hour of service at 11 a.m. Burial will be at St. Margaret's Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established for Affinity Visiting Nurses Hospice Program.
205 W. Doty Avenue
- Graduation: She graduated from Kimberly High School in 1949.
Mary Elizabeth Hanegraaf
F, b. November 28, 1918, d. yes
- Birth: Eleanore VanBoxtel was born on November 28, 1918.
- Marriage: She was married on November 9, 1941 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died yes.
Urban Antonio VanBoxtel
M, b. April 21, 1920, d. October 8, 1974
St John High School Yearbook 1939
- Birth: Urban Antonio VanBoxtel was born on April 21, 1920.
- Death: He died on October 8, 1974, at age 54.
- Burial: He was buried in Community Lutheran Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Graduation: He graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1939.
Ernest Henry VanBoxtel
M, b. July 17, 1923, d. October 14, 2010
- Birth: Ernest Henry VanBoxtel was born on July 17, 1923 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Rita H Diedrich were married on January 7, 1950.
- Death: Ernest Henry VanBoxtel died on October 14, 2010, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ernest H. Van Boxtel, age 87, passed away on Thursday, October 14, 2010. Ernest was born on July 17, 1923, in Little Chute, son of the late William and Helena (Hartjes) Van Boxtel. Ernest worked at Miller Electric for many years before his retirement. He enjoyed hunting, golfing and bowling.
Ernest is survived by his wife of 60 years, Rita (Diedrich) Van Boxtel, a son, David (Susan) Van Boxtel, Appleton; a daughter, Sue (Brian) Young, Hortonville; two sisters, Alice Ludwig, and Anna Mendez both of Appleton; six grandchildren, Brian, Scott, Connie, Jenny, Katie, and David II; and three great-grandchildren, Clara, Lucie, and Jude.
He is preceded in death by two brothers, two sisters, and three brothers-in law.
The Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, October 19, 2010, at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, 1810 N. McDonald St., Appleton, with Fr. Jim Lucas officiating. Visitation will be at the church from 9 a.m. until the time of services. Burial will be at St. Nicholas Cemetery in Freedom.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
"Serving as would
F, b. February 23, 1923, d. September 12, 2014
- Birth: Anna VanBoxtel was born on February 23, 1923 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joaquin (Jack) Mendez were married on September 7, 1979.
- Death: Anna VanBoxtel died on September 12, 2014, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Anna Mendez, age 89 of Appleton, passed away on Friday night, September 12, 2014 at a local hospital. Anna was born in Little Chute on February 23, 1923, daughter of the late William and Helena (Hartjes) Van Boxtel. On September 7, 1979 she married Jack Mendez; he preceded her in death in 20o3. Anna will be remembered for her love of games, crossword puzzles, and the "occasional" trip to the casino.
She leaves behind her loving family: a daughter: Helen "Lynn" (Thomas) Cattanach of Markesan; two granddaughters: Kim (David) Stephens of Brookfield and Karie (John) Davenport of Madison; four grandchildren: Alexander and Zayda Stephens and Sierra and Jackson Davenport; a sister: Alice Ludwig and her friend Roger of Appleton; and a sister-in-law: Rita Van Boxtel of Appleton.
A service to honor Anna's life will be held at 11:00 AM on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at the Wichmann Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior Street in Appleton. Entombment will follow at Highland Memorial Park. Family and friends are invited to gather at the funeral home on Wednesday from 10:00 AM until the time of the service. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Mary Lou VanBoxtel
F, b. September 30, 1932, d. yes
- Birth: Mary Lou VanBoxtel was born on September 30, 1932.
- Death: She died yes.
Gerald Theodore Riedel
M, b. May 14, 1937, d. September 24, 1937
- Birth: Gerald Theodore Riedel was born on May 14, 1937.
- Death: He died on September 24, 1937, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old Unmarked.
- Note: Riedel Child Succumbs at Little Chute Home
September 23, 1937
Little Chute-Gerald Riedel, 3, son of Mr. and Mrs. Martin Riedel, died Friday afternoon at the home of his parents in this village after a short illness. He is survived by his parents, four sisters and two brothers. Burial took place at 4 o'clock Saturday afternoon in St. John cemetery. The Rev. John J. Sprangers was in charge of the service at the grave.
Nancy Ann Hartjes
Norman Victor Hartjes
Emil Carl Andres
M, b. February 9, 1894, d. December 19, 1974
- Birth: Emil Carl Andres was born on February 9, 1894 in Wauwatosa, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Clara Barbara Kloida were married on September 10, 1924.
- Death: Emil Carl Andres died on December 19, 1974, at age 80, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
Donald Paul Hartjes
Christy Catherine Hartjes
Sophia M Prassau
F, b. February 28, 1892, d. December 9, 1981
- Birth: Sophia M Prassau was born on February 28, 1892.
- Marriage: She and Christian J VanAsten were married on May 23, 1921.
- Death: Sophia M Prassau died on December 9, 1981, at age 89, in Rudolph, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Phillip Cemetery, Rudolph, Wisconsin.
Joseph C VanAsten
M, b. November 15, 1922, d. December 27, 2005
- Birth: Joseph C VanAsten was born on November 15, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Nickles were married in September 1943.
- Death: Joseph C VanAsten died on December 27, 2005, at age 83.
Ann Margaret VanAsten
Mary Lucina VanAsten
F, b. May 24, 1925, d. December 4, 2006
- Birth: Mary Lucina VanAsten was born on May 24, 1925.
- Marriage: She was married in Atlanta, Fulton Co, Georgia.
- Death: She died on December 4, 2006, at age 81, in Miami, Dade Co, Florida.
F, b. April 16, 1930, d. December 4, 2002
- Birth: Agnes VanAsten was born on April 16, 1930.
- Death: She died on December 4, 2002, at age 72.
- Burial: She was buried in St Phillip Cemetery, Rudolph, Wisconsin.
M, b. April 26, 1897, d. November 21, 1972
Family: Helen Maria VanAsten (b. June 11, 1896, d. January 26, 1980)
- Rapheal Ruiter (b. October 25, 1919, d. May 2, 1968)
- Elroy Simon Ruiter (b. June 13, 1921, d. March 14, 2004)
- Ivo Ruiter (b. March 11, 1923, d. December 12, 1991)
- Rita Mae Ruiter (b. September 18, 1925, d. June 1, 1977)
- Birth: John Ruiter was born on April 26, 1897.
- Marriage: He and Helen Maria VanAsten were married on January 28, 1919 in Rudolph, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John Ruiter died on November 21, 1972, at age 75, in Huntington Beach, Orange Co, California.
M, b. October 25, 1919, d. May 2, 1968
- Birth: Rapheal Ruiter was born on October 25, 1919 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Deloris Mae Gagnon were married on February 7, 1948 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Death: Rapheal Ruiter died on May 2, 1968, at age 48, in Orange County, California.
- Note: Married Delores ?