- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
F, b. February 27, 1908, d. February 11, 1978
- Birth: Verna Huss was born on February 27, 1908 in Town of Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Barney H VanHandel were married on October 22, 1930 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: Verna Huss died on February 11, 1978, at age 69, in Town of Buchanan, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/16.
Barney H VanHandel
M, b. February 9, 1906, d. March 10, 1989
Family 1: Verna Huss (b. February 27, 1908, d. February 11, 1978)
- Birth: Barney H VanHandel was born on February 9, 1906 in Town of Vandenbroek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Verna Huss were married on October 22, 1930 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Barney H VanHandel and Ruby Mary Lamers were married on December 28, 1979.
- Death: Barney H VanHandel died on March 10, 1989, at age 83, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/16.
- Note: SOURCE : APPLETON POST CRESCENT OBITUARY Saturday, March 11, 1989
Barney Van Handel Rt. 4 Appleton [Darboy]
Age 83, loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, great grandfather and friend, met with his Lord 6 a.m. Friday, March 10, 1989. He was born February 9, 1906. Barney was an avid hunter and fisherman and also loved nature. He was a land developer and farmed in the Darboy area for many years. Barney and Ruby were married for nine beautiful years. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife, Ruby [Turriff] Van Handel; five daughters and three sons in-law, Mrs. Vernan [Delores] Zuleger Boyer, Kaukauna; Bernice Bougie, Appleton; Mrs. Marvin [Marion] Lamers, Darboy; Mrs. Rita Hietpas, Appleton; Mrs. Thomas [Florence] Rooyakkers, Appleton; three step daughter and step sons in-law, Mrs. Leo [Anna Jane] Diedrich, Kaukauna; Linda Turriff, Gillett; Mrs. Jack [Mary] Lindin, DePere; three sons and two daughters in-law, Roger and Marie Van Handel, Darboy; Eugene Van Handel, Little Chute; David and Judy Van Handel, Darboy; three step sons and three step daughters in-law, Dick and Diane Turriff, Fort Pierce, Florida; Marcel and Debbie Turriff, De Pere; Frank and Laurie Turriff, DePere; a brother and sister in-law, George and Frances Van Handel, Forest Grove, Oregon; two sisters and brothers in-law, Mrs. Norbert [Gen] Feldkamp, Kaukauna; Mrs. Nick [Esther] Hietpas, Little Chute; 50 grandchildren and 10 step grandchildren, 46 great grandchildren and a step great grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his first wife Verna [Huss] Van Handel, February 11, 1978; a son, a grandchild, Jane Lamers, 1983; two brothers; Norb and Joe; two sisters, Ann and Mary; two sons in-law, Richard Hietpas and Ray Zuleger.
Funeral service will be 11 a.m. Monday, March 13, 1989 at Holy Angels Catholic Church, Darboy with the Rev. Donald Zuleger, grandson of Barney, officiating, assisted by Rev. Elroy Reimer and Rev. Mike Dory. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute. Friends may call at the Verkuilen Funeral Home, Little Chute, from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and from 9:30 a.m. Monday, until the time of service. There will be a prayer service 7:30 Sunday. A memorial fund will be established.
Raymond James Zuleger
M, b. June 29, 1924, d. July 26, 1976
- Birth: Raymond James Zuleger was born on June 29, 1924.
- Death: He died on July 26, 1976, at age 52.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Angels Cemetery, Darboy, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 8, 1932, d. May 23, 1936
- Birth: Eugene VanHandel was born on August 8, 1932 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 23, 1936, at age 3, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/16 no marker.
- Note: Hold Services for Accident Victim
Conducted at St. John Church, Little Chute, for Eugene Van Handle (sic)
Little Chute -- Funeral services for Eugene Van Handle, 4, who died Saturday morning from injuries received Friday evening when he fell under the rear wheel of a truck driven by his father, Barney Van Handle, were conducted at 8 o'clock Monday morning at St. John church by the Rev. James Geyer. Burial took place in the parish cemetery. The Bearers were Jerome Huss, Willard De Coster, Jerome Van Handle and Cletus Huss. The survivors are the parents; two sisters, Doloros and Bernice, and one brother, Roger.
Louis Jude Bougie
M, b. July 25, 1929, d. October 9, 2013
- Birth: Louis Jude Bougie was born on July 25, 1929 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 9, 2013, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
- Note: Louis J. Bougie, 84, of De Pere died Wednesday, October 9, 2013 in Appleton. He was born on July 25, 1929 to Louis W. and Collette (Verhasselt) Bougie in the Town of Lawrence. He served in the Korean War with the U.S. Army. Louis was a lifelong employee of Kimberly Clark/Midtec Paper Co., and the owner of Wildwood Gamebird Farm in rural West De Pere. He enjoyed playing Sheepshead with family and friends and watching the Green Bay Packers (as a Shareholder). He enjoyed traveling and visited all 50 states. He spent his last 4 years living at Carolina Manor Assisted Living in Appleton where he enjoyed spending time with his special friend, Irmgarde Deffert.
Louis is survived by his 7 children; Yvonne Duffek, Denis (Larissa) Bougie, Suzanne (Geoff) Carman, Lonnie (Cathrin) Bougie, James (Gaye) Bougie, Weslie (Dawn) Bougie, and Jeff Bougie, 18 Grandchildren, and 12 Great-grandchildren , the mother of his children, Bernice Bougie, his siblings: Joy Bougie, John Bougie, Donna Guerts, and Karen Brown. He was preceded in death by his parents, his brother, Marvin Bougie, and sister Nancy Bougie.
Family and Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N 10th St, De Pere from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Visitation will continue from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. on Monday, October 14, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Family, 1307 Lourdes Ave, De Pere, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. with Fr. Tim Shillcox, O. Praem. officiating. Burial will be in St. Patrick Cemetery - Snyderville. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Bougie family.
The family would like to thank the staff at Carolina Manor for taking such good care of Louis for the last 4 years, Thedacare Hospice, and Suzy for making the end peaceful.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Eugene Frederick VanHandel
M, b. October 10, 1938, d. December 17, 2012
- Birth: Eugene Frederick VanHandel was born on October 10, 1938 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 17, 2012, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/16.
- Note: Eugene "Geno" Van Handel, age 74, of the Westwood Group Home in Appleton, died Monday December 17, 2012 due to Cerebral Palsy complications. He was born in Little Chute on October 10, 1938 to the late Bernard "Barney" and Verna (Huss) Van Handel. His parents took care of him at their home in Darboy until 1974. He then lived at Parkside Care Center, Fond du Lac Care Center and eventually Westwood.
Eugene is survived by his siblings: Dolores Zuleger-Boyer, Bernice Bougie, Roger (Marie) Van Handel, Marian "Mickey" (Marv) Lamers, Dave (Judy) Van Handel, Rita (Gene) Wieczorek and Florence (Tom) Rooyakkers. He is also survived by many nieces, nephews and other relatives.
In addition to his parents, Eugene was preceded in death by a younger brother Gene Van Handel.
Visitation will be held Friday December 21, 2012 at ST. BERNADETTE PARISH (2331 E. Lourdes Dr. Appleton) beginning at 3:30 p.m. until time of Mass at 5:30 p.m. The Rev. Donald Zuleger, Eugene's nephew, will officiate. Committal St. John Cemetery. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com. A memorial is being established in Geno's name to benefit the Cerebral Palsy Association.
The Van Handel Family would like to thank the staff at Westwood for their exceptional love and care of Geno.
Norbert Theodore Huss
M, b. September 14, 1914, d. October 7, 1989
- Birth: Norbert Theodore Huss was born on September 14, 1914 in Town of Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ruth Bernadette Moser were married on August 13, 1936 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: Norbert Theodore Huss died on October 7, 1989, at age 75, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
Ruth Bernadette Moser
F, b. March 1, 1917, d. May 22, 2008
- Birth: Ruth Bernadette Moser was born on March 1, 1917 in Town of Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Norbert Theodore Huss were married on August 13, 1936 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ruth Bernadette Moser died on May 22, 2008, at age 91, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Note: May 24, 2008
Huss, Ruth B.
Ruth Huss, age 91, of Freedom, passed away on Thursday, May 22, 2008, at Parkside Care Center in Little Chute. Ruth was born near Black Creek on March 1, 1917, daughter of the late Peter and Margaret (Gonnering) Moser. On August 11, 1936, she married Norbert T. Huss; he preceded her in death in 1989. Ruth was a longtime and faithful member of St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Freedom and served as a member of the Christian Mothers Society. She was a member of the Freedom Golden Agers. Ruth liked sewing, playing cards, and traveling, especially to Branson, MO, and Tennessee.
Ruth is survived by two daughters: Bonnie (Gene) Baumgartner of Freedom and Dolly (Glenn) Schampers of Freedom; two sons: Jim (Phyllis) Huss of Pickerel and Jack Huss of Freedom; her loving grandchildren: Greg (Karla) Huss, Jeff (Gail) Huss, Sally (Bob) Ebben, Scott (Shelly) Huss, Randal "Beaver" (Becky) Huss, Dennis (Becca) Huss, Daniel Huss, Don (Paula) Frenche, Jerry Winters, Penny (Rick) Hicks, Bryan (Amy) Baumgartner, Todd (Vicki) Verhagen, Tammie Verhagen, Brad (Michele) Schampers, Bill Schampers and his special friend Shawn, Bob Schampers and his fiancee Emily, Holly Schampers, Benji (Dawn) Huss, Cally (Mike) Ashner, and Zachary Huss; 32 great-grandchildren, and three great-great-grandchildren.
Ruth was preceded in death by her parents, her husband; grandchildren: Corey Huss, Tracy Huss, and Kevin Baumgartner; brothers: Jerome (Esther) Moser and Clifford (Viola) Moser; and her sisters: Hilde (Vic) Baumann and Rita (Andy) Bergman.
The funeral liturgy will be at 12 p.m. Tuesday, May 27, 2008, at ST. NICHOLAS CATHOLIC CHURCH, Freedom, with Fr. Dave Hoffman officiating. Friends will be received at the church on Tuesday from 10 a.m. until the time of the liturgy. Burial will be in St. Nicholas Cemetery.
The family extends a special thank you to the caring staff at Parkside Care Center.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 West Wisconsin Ave.
Bonnie Lou Huss
F, b. October 8, 1942, d. June 17, 2015
- Birth: Bonnie Lou Huss was born on October 8, 1942 in Town of Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on October 14, 1961 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 17, 2015, at age 72.
- Note: Bonnie Lou Baumgartner, 72, Freedom passed away on Wednesday, June 17, 2015 after a brief battle with cancer. She was born on October 8, 1942 to the late Norbert and Ruth (Moser) Huss. Bonnie graduated from Freedom High School, and on October 14, 1961 was united in marriage to Gene Baumgartner.
Bonnie is survived by her husband Gene; son, Bryan (Amy); son-in-law, Rick (Meg) Hicks; grandchildren, Samantha and Katie Baumgartner, Joe (Brittany) Hicks; great-grandchildren, Thyler, Lucas, Haedyn, and Lily Hicks; sister, Dolly (Glen) Schampers; brother, Jim (Phyllis) Huss; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; daughter, Penny Hicks; son Kevin "Beaver" Baumgartner; brother, Jack Huss.
Due to the construction at Immaculate Conception, friends and family may visit at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 145 St. Joseph Drive, Oneida, WI on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 beginning at 9:00am. Visitation will continue until 11:00am, when a Memorial Mass will be held, Fr. John Chrysostom Katamba officiating. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family. RYAN FUNERAL HOME is assisting the family. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a thank you to Heartland Hospice, especially Maria for all of her compassionate care.
- Graduation: She graduated from Freedom High School in 1961.