F, b. December 25, 1932, d. January 14, 2016
- Birth: Carol Lotter was born on December 25, 1932 in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 14, 2016, at age 83.
- Note: Carol Wellens, 83, Oconto Falls, died Thursday afternoon, January 14, 2016 at home, with her husband by her side. The second oldest of six children was born to John and Caroline (Loberger) Lotter on December 25, 1932 in Oconto Falls. Because her father was in the ice business, Carol grew up on the Oconto River and attended St. Anthony Catholic Grade School, later graduating from Oconto Falls High School with the class of 1951.
On May 12, 1956 she married Donald Wellens at St. Anthony Catholic Church. The couple had three sons and in the 1960's, they purchased a service station where their boys developed an interest in cars. Wellen's Standard service station was well known in the area and Carol worked alongside her husband as a bookkeeper and helper. Following the sale of their gas station in the mid 1990's, Carol worked at the local Hardees restaurant and because of her husband being the caretaker for the local cemeteries, also mowed lawn for many years. She was a lifelong member of St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls and her Catholic faith was very important to her.
Survivors are her devoted husband of 59 years, Don "Donny" Wellens, Oconto Falls; one son, Dennis (Kathy) Wellens, Oconto Falls; two granddaughters, Ashley (Keith) Klatkiewicz, Oshkosh; Jennifer (Lucas) Shomin, Morgan; one great granddaughter, Mya Klatkiewicz; our adopted daughter, Paula Gardipee; one brother, Norbert Lotter, Oconto Falls; two sisters, Margaret (Bernie) Laursen, Bloomington, MN; Diane (Lee) Crozier, Oconto Falls; one sister-in-law, Diane Lotter, Denmark; many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sons, Roger in 1978 and Randy in 1979, one sister Rose Crozier, one brother Marvin Lotter and one sister-in-law Lea Lotter.
Visitation will be held after 10am Monday, January 18, 2016 at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Oconto Falls until the time of service. Mass of Christian Burial will be held 1pm at the church with the Rev. Fr. Bob Karuhn officiating. Burial will take place Tuesday in the church cemetery.
The Wellens family would like to thank Unity Hospice for the excellent care and consideration given Carol during their time together.
F, b. July 6, 1952, d. January 22, 2016
- Birth: Debra Smits was born on July 6, 1952 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on April 29, 1972 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 22, 2016, at age 63.
- Note: Debra "Debbi" List, 63, New Franken, passed away at a local hospital on Friday, January 22, 2016. She was born in Green Bay on July 6, 1952 to the late Kenneth and Harriet (Maddy) Smits. She graduated from Green Bay East High School Class of 1970. She married her grade school sweetheart, Michael List on April 29, 1972 at St. Mary of the Angels Catholic Church. Debbi was self-employed as a beautician and was a motorcoach tour guide for Lamers Luxury Coaches especially serving those with special needs. She enjoyed traveling, reading, craftwork, cooking and was a "great baker" of desserts. Debbi loved her nieces, nephews and grand nieces and nephews. She loved her pets.
Survivors include her husband of 43 years, Michael List; Their beloved foreign exchange (daughters), Celine (Aldrick), Young Eun Lee; brother, Joe (Rose) Smits; sister, Lori (Ron) Lessmiller; nieces and nephews, Brooke Lessmiller (Demba Mbow); Brianne (Shawn) Ravet; Tarra Smits (Paul Hammerberg); Deni Hintz; Steven (Kristy) Stoddard; David (Molly) Stoddard; Laurel (Bernie) Van Eperen; Audrey, Connor, John, Clair and Svitlana.
Debbi was preceded in death by her parents; in-laws, Elaine and Eugene List; brother-in-law, John List.
Family and friends may call at the Pfotenhauer Funeral Home & Cremation Service, East-Town location, 2379 East Mason St., on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016 from 4 until 7:00 p.m. Prayer Service 6:45 p.m. at the funeral home. Visitation continues on Wednesday at St. Matthew Catholic Church, 130 Saint Matthews St., from 10 until 11:00 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial 11:00 a.m. Wednesday at the church with Fr. Bob Kabat officiating. Online condolences welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com
In lieu of flowers please make donations to Bay Area Humane Society.
Family: Debra Smits (b. July 6, 1952, d. January 22, 2016)