Atta Louise Genske
Suzanne Frances VanPatten
Martin Horn VanPatten
Karen Ruth VanPatten
F, b. November 14, 1943, d. July 2, 2008
- Birth: Karen Ruth VanPatten was born on November 14, 1943 in Town of Bovina, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on October 3, 1967 in Shiocton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 2, 2008, at age 64, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Sally Ann VanPatten
F, b. March 28, 1946, d. February 1, 2017
- Birth: Sally Ann VanPatten was born on March 28, 1946 in Town of Bovina, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on December 6, 1969.
- Death: She died on February 1, 2017, at age 70, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sally A. Houterman, 70, of Black Creek, passed away Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. She was born March 28, 1946, daughter of the late Delbert and Concordia (Murray) Van Patten in the Township of Bovina.
On December 6, 1969 she was united in marriage to Richard Houterman.
Sally worked at Good Shepherd for 26 years as a CNA before retirement due to health reasons.
Crafting was one of Sally's favorite things to do. She had operated two different craft stores and had the idea of starting the craft shop at Good Shepherd.
Sally was an avid gardener and she also enjoyed feeding the birds and chipmunks. The holidays were some of her favorite times of the year. More than anything else, she loved her family and her grandchildren.
Sally is survived by her husband, Rick; sons: Rick Jr. (Terri) Houterman, Shiocton; Ryan (Jill) Houterman, Greenville; grandchildren: Jocelyn, Jordyn and Rylene Houterman, Tanner Schuth; her brother, Doug (Marilyn) Van Patten, Homer, AK.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Karen Rowe; paternal grandparents, Cornelius (Anna) Van Patten, and maternal grandparents, Charles (Anna) Murray.
Friends may call at Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour on Saturday, February 11, 2017 from 12 noon until the memorial service at 2:00 pm. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com.
Douglas James VanPatten
Craig Bruce VanPatten
Ann Sigrie VanPatten
Kent Paul Falk
M, b. May 18, 1947, d. June 19, 1995
- Birth: Kent Paul Falk was born on May 18, 1947 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 19, 1995, at age 48, in Mukwa, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Suicide, gunshot wound to head.
Merlin Arly Kettner
M, b. June 4, 1939, d. March 2, 2017
- Birth: Merlin Arly Kettner was born on June 4, 1939.
- Death: He died on March 2, 2017, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kettner, Merlin "Tobe"
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the lord with all thine heart…..Merlin "Tobe" A. Kettner, 77, of Black Creek, passed away Thursday, March 2, 2017, at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center, Appleton. He was born June 4, 1939, son of the late Harold and Mabel (Schimmelpfenig) Kettner.
He was united in marriage to Doris Genske on April 23, 1960 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Black Creek. Tobe remained a faithful member at Immanuel Lutheran throughout the years.
Tobe worked for the Village of Black Creek for 41 years. He and Doris were named Black Creek Citizens of the year in 2011.
Tobe enjoyed fishing with his friends, hunting, and being outdoors. He could fix and make parts for almost anything that needed fixing. Above all, he was a great friend to many and loved his family with all his heart.
He is survived by his wife, Doris; his children: Christine Kettner, Connie (Bill) Doersch, Corey (Connie) Kettner; and two grandchildren: Masin and Emma Kettner; sister, Ruth (Mike) Barrington; brother, Harold (Karol) Kettner. Further survived by in-laws: Lorraine Remmel, Lee (Diane) Genske, Rolland (Judy) Genske, and Rosella Kettner. Also, survived by nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by brothers-in-law: Donald Remmel and Paul Kettner; sister-in-law, Arlene (Jack) Huse; niece, Sara; nephews: Paul and Jeremy.
Friends may call at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 201 E. Birch Street, Black Creek, on Monday, March 6, 2017, from 4-8 pm and visitation will continue at the church on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 from 9:00 am until services at 11 a.m. with Pastor Steve Schlicht and Pastor John Brandt officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established in Tobe's memory.
Special thanks to Black Creek Rescue and ThedaCare Physicians of Black Creek for the kind and wonderful care you gave Tobe. Thank you also to Dick Melchert, Perry Pierre, and Donald Kettner for being such good friends, co-workers, and fishing buddies.
Christine Ann Kettner
Jack Deen Huse
M, b. March 9, 1939, d. May 13, 2016
- Birth: Jack Deen Huse was born on March 9, 1939.
- Marriage: He and Arlene Genske were married on October 29, 1960 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Jack Deen Huse died on May 13, 2016, at age 77.
- Note: Jack D. Huse, age 77, of Seymour and formerly of Shiocton, passed away on Friday, May 13, 2016. After a long battle with Parkinsons and other complications, this wonderful man went from a "Jack to a King". He was born March 9th, 1939, son of the late Floyd "Butch" and Arlene (Herminath) Huse.
Jack enjoyed making people happy. He was one of the best bartenders and hum-strum players of all times. He worked for the Outagamie Hwy Dept. and enjoyed tending bar at Yahles.
Jack is survived by his four kids: Kelly Beyer (Roger Thurk), Kevin ( Brenda) Huse, Keith (Joan) Huse, and Karleen (Glen) Wege; three grandkids: Jacob (Morgan) Wege, Katie Selk, and Dexter Huse. His wife, Carol; step-kids: Char Krahn, Bodie Van Hulst, Terry Van Hulst, and Scott Yahle. Brothers: Jim (Judy) Huse, Donnie (Irene) Huse, Steve (Sandy) Huse; sisters: Sandy (Duane) Riehl and Sherry (Richard) Meisenhelder. Also survived by many nieces, nephews, step-kids, step-grandkids and extended family.
Jack is preceded in death by his first wife, Arlene (Genske) Huse; father and mother-in-law, Ed and Carrie Genske; and second wife, Alice Yahle.
Friends may call at Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour, on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 9:00 am until the funeral service at 1:00 pm with Chaplain Roy Rogers officiating. Burial will take place in the Bovina Cemetery, Shiocton. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com.
Words cannot express the THANKS that we would like to extend to Heartland Hospice. Your kind hearts are forever a comfort. There are too many of you to mention, so we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
A HUGE thank you to Carol, Char, Connie, Cheryl, Wedgie and others, for your kind care of dad. We are so blessed to have you, we love you for taking such good care of him. May God bless you!
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from May 14 to May 15, 2016.
Kelly Carrie Huse
Kevin Brian Huse
Keith Floyd Huse
Karleen Clara Huse
Jeremy Lloyd Genske
M, b. September 8, 1977, d. February 14, 2001
- Birth: Jeremy Lloyd Genske was born on September 8, 1977.
- Death: He died on February 14, 2001, at age 23.