Homer C Metz
M, b. September 12, 1908, d. April 21, 1980
- Birth: Homer C Metz was born on September 12, 1908 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 21, 1980, at age 71.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Homer C. Metz
Appleton Extended Care Center
2915 N. Meade St.,
April 21, 1980
Formerly of Kaukauna, age 71, died Monday morning following a brief illness. He was born September 12, 1908 in Kaukauna and had been a lifetime resident. He was employed by the Roloff Manufacturing Company for 27 years as a bookkeeper. Mr. Metz was a member of the Elk Lodge, Kaukauna. Survivors include two brothers: Milton, Sun City, Arizona; and Peter, Castro Valley, California. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Fargo Funeral Home, Kaukauna, with the Rev. Mike Hofmann officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Fargo Funeral Home, Kaukauna, after 9 a.m. Wednesday until the hour of the service.
M, b. 1917
- Birth: Peter Metz was born in 1917.
F, b. 1878, d. 1917
Family: Michael Metz (b. October 10, 1878, d. June 2, 1968)
- Michael Metz (b. April 8, 1902, d. April 9, 1902)
- Hilda Johanna Metz (b. May 13, 1904, d. November 24, 1996)
- Raymond Nicholas Metz (b. July 13, 1906, d. July 15, 1906)
- Viola Metz (b. September 21, 1907, d. December 8, 1994)
- Mildred Agnes Metz (b. September 30, 1909, d. October 11, 1994)
- Norman Robert Metz (b. July 24, 1911, d. June 18, 1980)
- Rosa Metz (b. August 18, 1913, d. May 2, 1999)
- Clarence Metz (b. June 11, 1916, d. April 26, 2007)
- Birth: Mary Moehn was born in 1878.
- Death: She died in 1917, at age ~39.
M, b. April 8, 1902, d. April 9, 1902
- Birth: Michael Metz was born on April 8, 1902 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 9, 1902, at age 0, in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. September 21, 1907, d. December 8, 1994
- Birth: Viola Metz was born on September 21, 1907 in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 8, 1994, at age 87, in Fredonia, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 15, 1901, d. March 5, 1965
Family: Viola Metz (b. September 21, 1907, d. December 8, 1994)
- Birth: George Depies was born on July 15, 1901.
- Death: He died on March 5, 1965, at age 63.
Hilda Johanna Metz
F, b. May 13, 1904, d. November 24, 1996
- Birth: Hilda Johanna Metz was born on May 13, 1904 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 24, 1996, at age 92, in Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, Wisconsin.
Michael J Jacoby
M, b. January 21, 1901, d. March 3, 1980
- Birth: Michael J Jacoby was born on January 21, 1901 in Belgium, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 3, 1980, at age 79, in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
Helen Gertrude Roth
F, b. November 15, 1935, d. May 29, 2015
- Birth: Helen Gertrude Roth was born on November 15, 1935 in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Paul Baumgarten were married on July 1, 1954.
- Death: Helen Gertrude Roth died on May 29, 2015, at age 79.
- Note: Baumgarten, Helen Gertrude Roth
Volga Colonies; Balzer-Dinkel
Russian German descendant
Floresville Texas, Formerly of Vacaville and Fairfield California
Age 79, passed away at 3:40 a.m. Friday, May 29. 2015 after many Health Care challenges. She carried her crosses into our Lord's embrace smiling and rejoicing faithfully in the spirit of a devoted military wife that "the love of her life", her husband Robert Paul Baumgarten, whom preceded her in death May 19, 1998, was waiting to be reunited with her. Her love and marriage to Robert meant everything to her. Truly her marriage symbolized Christ and his Church. She would often say, "My Marriage was made in Heaven".
She was born November 15th 1935 in Harrison Wisconsin and had been an Appleton area resident on and off until she was 19 when she married Robert Baumgarten of Kaukauna on July 1, 1954 and began traveling the world as a U.S. Airman's wife both active and reserve from 1954 until 1990. In 1991 Bob and Helen finished building their home in Vacaville California, ended their careers at Travis Air Force Base and K. I. Jones Elementary School, sold out, and traveled the country with truck and RV as a retired military couple. After Bobs death in 1998 Mrs. Baumgarten lived with her daughter Pam in Fairfield California where she volunteered at Travis Air force Base working with returning Desert Storm combat veterans. She enjoyed making them laugh and helped to conquer their fears in returning home as war veterans. For many she was their angel. After her daughter Pam's death on August 18th 2006 she would later relocate to Texas living near her youngest daughter Cheryl Carline. In Floresville, Texas she would once more volunteer to help veterans at a veterans home. She would later have to quit after an injury mishap while helping a resident.
Years previous while attending Little Chute High school, she would be elected as her high schools basketball team captain and homecoming queen and while stationed at an Air Force command unit in Sembach Germany she would be elected president of the Air force wives club.
Mrs. Baumgarten also had a passion for discovering her ancestral historical roots. She was the grand daughter of Russian German emigrants that immigrated in 1907 and 1908 in between Russia's socialist/communist revolutions. Doing so left many family members and relatives behind to cope with the Bolshevik persecutions and multiple atrocities conducted under the directives of Lenin, Trotsky, Sverdlov, Uritisky, Kamenev and Stalin. Over eight hundred thousand loyal colonists of Germanic origin perished under bolshevism/communist rule. The colonies established since the tsarina in 1764 would be cleansed by 1941.The Roth and Doos families of Balzer and Dinkel, which Mrs. Baumgarten nee Roth is descended from, settled the Volga river oblast south of Saratov, both on the Bergeseite (right side) and Weisensiete (left side) of the Volga dating back to 1764 and 1766, respectfully, under the invitation and sponsorship of Ekaterina II (Catherine the Great) Tsarina of All the Russia's. Mrs. Baumgarten's great grandparents Heinrich Roth and Louise Marie Doos were married under the Christian Imperial Russian authority near Taganrog amongst the Don Cossack Host village of Olgenfeld May 6, 1896; the year of the newly crowned Nicholas II.
When the Roth family made the decision to immigrate to the United States of America they would follow a minor few who came before them through Ellis Island settling in Nebraska, Kansas, California, and New Jersey. Eventually the family grew and dispersed across the nation but the cultural and ethnic concentrations can still be found in Kansas, Nebraska, California, Colorado Illinois and Wisconsin not to mention Canada and Argentina. Do to space limitations this richly spirited historical account must rest here, but it continues on with those loved ones once more left behind as Her pioneering spirit enters the eternal Kingdom of her beloved savoir Jesus Christ. If there is a Valhalla reserved for the spirit of Germanic warriors Mrs Baumgarten will find her place alongside her husband Robert.
Mrs. Baumgarten is preceded in death by her beloved husband of 61 years Robert P. Baumgarten and her daughter Pamela Rose Baumgarten, Fairfield, California; a sister Mary Roth; Her father Alexander David Roth and her mother Catherine Nora Mueller Roth; Appleton, Wisconsin; Survivors include one son; James C. Baumgarten, Krasnoarmyesk, Russia; one daughter and son-in-law; Cheryl and John Carline, La Vernia, Texas; three sisters and brother-in-laws; Louise Mandock of Boulder City, Nevada; Joan and David Zillges of Appleton, Wisconsin; Darlene and Richard Arnoldussen, Alpharetta, Georgia; two brothers and sister-in-laws; Alex and Sharon Roth, Appleton, Wisconsin; Nicholas and Mary Roth, Appleton, Wisconsin; One brother and sister-in-law Raymond and Mildred Baumgarten of Kaukauna, Wisconsin; 6 grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 20th 2015 at Saint John Nepomucene Catholic Church of Little Chute. Mass will be officiated by Father Ron Belitz. Interment will take place at Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery; Boulder City, Nevada along side Robert Baumgarten. A memorial fund will be arranged with the Russian Germans International organization in lieu of flowers. Email address is; firstname.lastname@example.org.
James R Drury
M, b. May 30, 1935, d. June 15, 2015
- Birth: James R Drury was born on May 30, 1935 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Verna J Feight were married in 1959.
- Death: James R Drury died on June 15, 2015, at age 80.
- Burial: He was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: James R. Drury (80) was "called to the front of line and tipped over" as he would call it, Monday, June 15, after a short illness. Jim was born in Green Bay, May 30, 1935, to John R Drury and Athonlyn (Vander Leest) Drury.
Jim served in the Air Force as a Fireman before he married Verna J. Feight in 1959 and had four children, Connie, Pat, Kirk and Kevin. Jim was a truck driver for many companies including Super Value, Chizek Transport and Tweet Garot. Jim was an avid golfer spending his entire life golfing with childhood friends, Jim and Gary Mert and enjoyed wood working spending his last years distressing furniture for his son, Pat Drury's Restoration Business. Jim took great interest in his grandchildren, helping raise them, teach them to drive and proper etiquette in the use of profanity.
He was preceded in death by four siblings, his wife, Verna J. Drury and youngest son, Kevin Drury.
He is survived by one sister, Joanne Gorniak, two sons, Kirk and Pat Drury, one daughter, Connie (Steve) Fulfer, 13 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
His humor and sarcastic wit was enjoyed and will be truly missed by all that knew him.
The family would like to extend a heartfelt Thank You to Bornemann Senior Communities and staff for going the extra mile and making him feel comfortable, especially Colleen Busche and Morgan Mleziva.
Per Jim's request there will be no funeral but a small service for family and friends will be arranged at a later date.
Cards and condolences can be sent to Newcomer Funeral Home.
Verna J Feight
F, b. August 26, 1934, d. July 18, 1998
- Birth: Verna J Feight was born on August 26, 1934.
- Marriage: She and James R Drury were married in 1959.
- Death: Verna J Feight died on July 18, 1998, at age 63.
- Burial: She was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
John Henry Leiterman
M, b. September 14, 1938, d. June 17, 2015
- Birth: John Henry Leiterman was born on September 14, 1938 in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 19, 1960 in Denmark, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 17, 2015, at age 76.
- Note: John Henry Leiterman, 76, Denmark, passed away peacefully at his home on Wednesday, June 17, 2015. He was born September 14, 1938 in Denmark, son of the late Henry and Mathilda (Linsmeyer) Leiterman. John graduated from Denmark High School in 1956 and served his country in the United States Army from 1956-1959. He married Valerie Fenwick on November 19, 1960 at All Saints Catholic Church in Denmark. John was employed by Green Bay Packaging, Inc. for 40 years, starting out in the mailroom and finishing his career as Team Operations Manager of the De Pere Container division, retiring in 2002. In addition to his work at Green Bay Packaging, John also worked the family farm, in the Town of Glenmore, where he was born and raised. In his leisure time, he enjoyed listening to Polka music and watching different sports; especially the Milwaukee Brewers and the Green Bay Packers.
John was a lifetime member of the FFA and the FFA Alumni Association. He was also board member of the Wisconsin FFA Alumni State Council, served as Denmark FFA Alumni President, attended numerous National FFA Conventions over the years, and was awarded the National Farmer Degree by the FFA Alumni Association. John was an active member of All Saints Catholic Church, serving as a Deacon and a member of the Knights of Columbus, attaining the highest honor of 4th Degree Grand Knight. He was a School Board member of the Denmark School District for 18 years, 12 of those years serving as Board President. He also served on the School Board of All Saints Catholic School for several years.
Survivors include his wife, Valerie; children: Stephanie (Richard, Jr.) Dantinne, Green Bay; Rodney (Susan) Leiterman, Denmark; Trace (Sandra) Leiterman, Little Rock, AR and Andrea (Michael) Landwehr, Green Bay, WI; grandchildren: Angela Kujawski (Ft. Meyers, FL), SSGT Adam (SGT Jessica) Kujawski (US Army Ft. Campbell, KY; Adam is currently serving in Afghanistan); Holly (Phil) Jankowski, Heidi Leiterman, Michael Leiterman, Logan Landwehr, and Madeline Landwehr; three great-grandchild, Landon Kujawski, Lana Jankowski, and Dane Jankowski; siblings: James Leiterman and special friend Gina, Bernard (Shirley) Leiterman, Cynthia (Randall) Halbrook, Kathy Leiterman, Karen Leiterman; sister-in-law, Rochelle Olp; and numerous nieces and nephews.
John was preceded in death by his parents, and one brother, Norbert Leiterman.
Family and friends may visit Knutson-Cotter Funeral Home, 536 Cty R, Denmark, on Friday, June 19, 2015 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., where the evening will conclude with a parish prayer service and Knights of Columbus service. Visitation will continue on Saturday at the funeral home from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. A family processional will go to All Saints Catholic Church in Denmark, where all are invited for an 11:00 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial, with Fr. Kevin Ori officiating. Entombment will be in the Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cotterfuneralhome.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to the Denmark FFA Alumni Association.
The family would like to extend special thanks to Mary Jo Brennan, Debbie Wendt, and all of the wonderful staff from Unity Hospice who treated John with compassion and dignity, and comforted our family with their presence.
Raymond Nicholas Metz
M, b. July 13, 1906, d. July 15, 1906
- Birth: Raymond Nicholas Metz was born on July 13, 1906.
- Death: He died on July 15, 1906, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
Mildred Agnes Metz
F, b. September 30, 1909, d. October 11, 1994
- Birth: Mildred Agnes Metz was born on September 30, 1909.
- Death: She died on October 11, 1994, at age 85, in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, California.
Norman Robert Metz
M, b. July 24, 1911, d. June 18, 1980
- Birth: Norman Robert Metz was born on July 24, 1911 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 18, 1980, at age 68, in North Carolina.
F, b. August 18, 1913, d. May 2, 1999
- Birth: Rosa Metz was born on August 18, 1913 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 2, 1999, at age 85, in Cedarburg, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. June 11, 1916, d. April 26, 2007
- Birth: Clarence Metz was born on June 11, 1916 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 26, 2007, at age 90, in West Bend, Washington Co, Wisconsin.