- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
F, b. 1955, d. August 15, 2000
- Birth: Jean Kilsdonk was born in 1955.
- Death: She died on August 15, 2000, at age ~45.
Helen Marie Coppens
F, b. October 10, 1929, d. May 26, 2015
Family: Reuben Timm (b. October 13, 1925, d. August 17, 2009)
- Birth: Helen Marie Coppens was born on October 10, 1929 in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 26, 2015, at age 85.
- Note: Helen Marie Timm, 85, one of Gillett's servant hearts, passed away Tuesday afternoon, May 26, 2015.
Born Oct. 10, 1929, in Oconto Falls, Wis., to the late Charles and Celia (Boucher) Coppens, she graduated from Oconto Falls public schools.
After finishing high school Helen worked as a bookkeeper at Whiting's Cheese Factory, where she met her future husband, Reuben Timm. After the couple married they farmed in the town of Gillett for the next 40 years. During that time Helen and Reuben had five children. Helen enjoyed being involved with her children and worked side by side with Reuben on the farm. Helen was also very active supporting St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Gillett. Her many roles at the church included WELCA, teaching Sunday school, facilitating confirmation classes, organizing funeral meals, and serving several terms on church council. Helen and Reuben retired from farming in 1994. During retirement they lived in the city of Gillett, and spent time traveling, volunteering and enjoying her children and grandchildren, including teaching them many family heirloom skills. Throughout her life, Helen made time to provide soup and bread for those who were ill or grieving - and served members of the community in many ways, including transporting folks to Green Bay for physician's appointments. She loved her golfing, card playing, quilting, prayer shawl, Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast groups - these friends were so very special to her, and she loved them all.
Helen is survived by children including, Rev. William, Yuma, Ariz.; Thomas (Bonnie), Janesville Wis.; Mrs. Mike (LoAnn) Vande Leest, Traverse City Mich.; and John (Joan), Gillett; and 12 grandchildren.
Helen was preceded in death by her husband, Reuben; a son, Steven; a grandson, Tyler Timm; sisters, Kaye Kuhlmann and Margaret Elbe; brothers, Phillip, Norman and William Coppens.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. at Kuehl Funeral Home, Gillett, on Thursday, May 28 and on Friday, May 29 at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Gillett, from 9:30 a.m. until time of services at 10:30 a.m. Rev. Harvey Jeffers will officiate and interment will be in Wanderers Rest Cemetery, Gillett. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials may be made to St. John Lutheran Church Living and Caring Endowment Fund.
Kuehl Funeral Home is assisting the family of Helen Timm. Online condolences may be expressed at kuehlfuneralhome.com.
M, b. October 13, 1925, d. August 17, 2009
- Birth: Reuben Timm was born on October 13, 1925.
- Death: He died on August 17, 2009, at age 83.
Steven Charles Timm
M, b. circa 1951, d. July 13, 1985
- Birth: Steven Charles Timm was born circa 1951.
- Death: He died on July 13, 1985.
Margaret Louise Coppens
F, b. January 7, 1913, d. January 13, 2007
- Birth: Margaret Louise Coppens was born on January 7, 1913.
- Death: She died on January 13, 2007, at age 94, in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
Gustav Louis Elbe
M, b. December 14, 1910, d. November 29, 1993
- Birth: Gustav Louis Elbe was born on December 14, 1910 in Gillett, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 29, 1993, at age 82, in Gillett, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
Phillip J Coppens
M, b. July 7, 1918, d. April 22, 2001
- Birth: Phillip J Coppens was born on July 7, 1918 in Oconto County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Marion Hooper were married on August 26, 1944.
- Death: Phillip J Coppens died on April 22, 2001, at age 82, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Norman James Coppens
M, b. June 15, 1921, d. April 5, 1988
- Birth: Norman James Coppens was born on June 15, 1921.
- Death: He died on April 5, 1988, at age 66, in Oconto Falls, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.