Germaine C Spreeman
F, b. April 19, 1928, d. May 27, 2015
- Birth: Germaine C Spreeman was born on April 19, 1928 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Donald Stoeger were married on June 27, 1950.
- Death: Germaine C Spreeman died on May 27, 2015, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Germaine C. Stoeger, 87, Appleton, passed away on May 27, 2015. Germaine was born on April 19, 1928 in Appleton Wisconsin to Herman and Gertrude (Lueck) Spreeman. On June 27, 1950 she married Donald Stoeger and he preceded her in death in 1977. From 1982 to 1990, Germaine worked for the Outagamie County Jail as a deputy and cook. She was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Appleton where she was active with the church's Christian mothers group, The Ladies of St. Mary. She was also Treasurer of the Home/School Association. Since 1945 she was an active Pen Pal, starting with her first Pen Pal, Elsie McIlroy from South Africa, at one time she had over 150 Pen Pals from around the world.
She will be sadly missed by, daughter: Sharon (Dan)Wheaton of Appleton, sons: Keith (Shirley) Stoeger of Hortonville; David (Deke) Stoeger of Kaukauna; William (Sue) of Fremont; Patrick (Lesley) Stoeger of Menasha; Richard (Sally) Stoeger of Darboy; Peter (Carina) Stoeger of Sussex Wisconsin, grandchildren: Troy and Nicole; Jessica, Sara and Adam; Andy and Jennifer; Aaron; Ryan and Amanda; Eric and Cameron, many great-grandchildren, siblings: Lyle Spreeman and Filia Strom as well as many other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by, her parents, her husband Donald, children: Mary (David) LaChapell; Jean (Mrs. David) Stoeger, siblings: Howard (Arlene) Spreeman; Lillian (Mrs. Lyle) Spreeman; Chester Strom and infant sister, Dolores.
A gathering of family and friends will be held on Sunday May 31, 2015 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Wichmann Funeral Homes, Downtown Location in Appleton. Visitation will continue at St. Mary Catholic Church of Appleton on Monday from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Funeral Liturgy will be at 10:30 am on Monday, June 1, 2015 at St. Mary Catholic Church, 312 State Street in Appleton. Burial will be at St. Joseph Cemetery in Appleton.
The family would like to thank the staff and nurses of ThedaCare at Home Hospice and Matthews Senior Living for the care given to Germaine. Also, thank you to Dr. Elizabeth Menzel and staff.
F, b. April 3, 1900, d. December 23, 1984
- Birth: Gertrude Lueck was born on April 3, 1900 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Herman A Spreeman were married on May 5, 1920 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gertrude Lueck died on December 23, 1984, at age 84, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. March 24, 1923, d. March 25, 1924
- Birth: Delores Spreeman was born on March 24, 1923 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 25, 1924, at age 1, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Mary H Stoeger
F, b. July 9, 1955, d. April 6, 2014
- Birth: Mary H Stoeger was born on July 9, 1955 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 17, 2001.
- Death: She died on April 6, 2014, at age 58.
- Note: Mary H. Lachapell, age 58, of Appleton passed away peacefully on April 6th, 2014 with her children by her side after a brief battle with cancer. Mary was born in Appleton on July 9th, 1955 to Donald and Germaine Stoeger. She graduated from Appleton West High School in 1973 and received her Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification later in life.
Mary wed the love of her life, Dave Lachapell on Feb 17th, 2001. She worked for several companies in the valley throughout her life. However, her favorite job was the most recent, being a Stay At Home Grandma for her 2 grandchildren. She started every morning with a pot of black coffee to get her through her busy days playing with the grandkids. Mary also loved taking pictures and her home is filled with framed photos of her children, grandchildren and many other loved ones. Mary was known throughout the area, especially at the Kaukauna Farmer’s Market, for her unique crocheted creations and character hats.
Mary is survived by her children: Jessica Ellenbecker, Sara (Travis) Gerrits, Adam (Suzie) Ellenbecker, Dan (Sarah) Lachapell, and Dana Lachapell; grandchildren: Camille and Kellen Gerrits. She is further survived by her Mother, Germaine Stoeger ; siblings: Keith (Shirley) Stoeger, David (Deke) Stoeger, Bill (Sue) Stoeger, Sharon (Dan) Wheaton, Pat (Les) Stoeger, Rick (Sally) Stoeger, Peter (Carina) Stoeger; Mother-In-Law, Hilda Lachapell and many nieces, nephews, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law and close friends.
Mary will be joining her husband Dave Lachapell, father-in-law Joe Lachapell and beloved dog Flower in her journey to her eternal home.
The funeral service for Mary will be held Thursday, April 10th at Menasha’s Westgor Funeral Home. Friends may visit from 4pm until the hour of service, which will begin at 7pm.
Our family would like to extend our extreme gratitude to all of the friends and family that have supported us through this difficult time. We are truly blessed to have you all in our lives. Mary was a wonderful mother, grandmother, sister, daughter and friend who will forever be in our hearts.