M, b. February 5, 1973, d. May 30, 1973
- Birth: Clifford Pomeroy was born on February 5, 1973 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 30, 1973, at age 0.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Jessica Jaye Pomeroy
Gary S Hinske
M, b. March 11, 1952, d. March 9, 2015
- Birth: Gary S Hinske was born on March 11, 1952 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 9, 2015, at age 62, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gary S. Hinske, age 62, of Menasha, was surrounded by his family as he passed on to his Heavenly home on Monday, March 9, 2015, following a courageous battle with cancer at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. On March 11, 1952, Gary Steven was born to George and Beverly (Meton) Hinske in Neenah. He graduated in 1970 from Menasha High School and later from UW-Oshkosh in 1974. He ran Jitters Bar for a while, later worked for Glatfelter, and ending his employment with Quality Printing. On January 24, 2004, Gary wed the love of his life, Jessica Pomeroy, at Wailea Beach in Maui. He loved to travel with his wife and sons. Gary and Jess made it to at least half of the Major League Baseball Stadiums. He loved walking half marathons with Jess and Mike, coaching and playing baseball with his sons, golfing, fishing, camping and solving crossword puzzles. Gary was known to be a risk taker, jumping off cliffs or swinging into waterfalls weren't a challenge. He had a large collection of records and listened to The Beatles all of the time. With Gary's dry sense of humor, he was the master at telling bad jokes. Gary made a point to visit weekly with his mom. Gary loved God and faith was a very important part of his life. As a member of Christ the Rock, he taught Sunday School there for many years. His four sons were his pride and joy and was very proud of each of them. He had three very precious grandchildren that held a special place in his heart.
Gary will be missed by his loving wife, Jessica; his sons: Matt (special friend, Keina Moede), Reggie (Kari), Mike (Sara), and Jon; grandchildren: Jaxson, Weston, and Kora; his mother Beverly; brothers: Mark (Connie) and Dean (Kathie); his father-in-law and mother-in-law: Tom and Donna Pomeroy; sister-in-law, Rachel (Lane) Kufner; brother-in-law, Tom (Carissa) Pomeroy; other family members and friends, especially, Armenrah Loving, Jim Johnson, and the Boucher family.
He was preceded in death by his father, George.
A Celebration of Gary's life will be at 1:00pm on Saturday, March 14, 2015 at Christ the Rock, W6254 US 10-114 in Menasha. Visitation will be held from 10:00am until the time of the service at the church. In lieu of flowers, a memorial will be established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Dr. Goggins and the staff of FVHO, St. Elizabeth Oncology, especially, Cheryl, the staff in the ER and ICU for all of their comforting care and support given to the family during the past months.
Willard John Riehl
M, b. August 30, 1931, d. March 14, 2015
- Birth: Willard John Riehl was born on August 30, 1931.
- Death: He died on March 14, 2015, at age 83, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Willard "Bill" John Riehl, Jr., 83, passed away March 14, 2015 at his home in Menasha.
Bill was born on August 30, 1931 to Willard and Bernice (Nee Jones Herning) Riehl, Sr. Bill attended Appleton area schools. Upon graduation, Bill enlisted in the Marine Corps and proudly served his country during the Korean conflict. Upon his return Bill operated Riehl Candies, serving retailers throughout the Fox River Valley.
Bill enjoyed traveling with family and friends. Whale watching at sunrise with his wife Pat and exploring new beaches and scenic locations with his children, provided Bill with much pleasure and many lasting memories.
Bill loved a good joke and had a great sense of humor and wit throughout his life. He was very social and thrived on interactions people brought him from all walks of life. Bill was an avid fan of the Green Bay Packers and widely renowned arm-chair quarterback. His family believed his people skills would have been better served as General Manager of the Team.
Bill is survived by his three children, Lisa Riehl (Bob Wickhem) of Monona WI, Kelly (Sue) Riehl of Appleton, WI, and Scott Riehl (Barb Schledt) of Baton Rouge, LA; his grandchildren Joseph (Genevieve) and Jason; brother in law, Paul (Mary) Wassenberg, of Menominee Falls, WI and many nieces and nephews. Bill was preceded in death by his loving wife, Patricia; his sister, Bonnie Schultz and his parents.
The family sends a heartfelt thank you to Dr. Richter and the Heartland Hospice Team; Sally, Millie, Nicole and Karyn for their expertise, skill and support. The caring kindness they provided daily for our dad, created an extended family and lasting bond.
Bill will miss his close friends Warren and Carol and appreciates their exceptional friendship and support.
A private gathering, to be determined, will be held for close friends and family.
In lieu of flowers, Bill and his family would appreciate a memorial to Heartland Hospice of the Fox Valley.
Rita G Arendt
F, b. April 25, 1929, d. September 21, 2015
- Birth: Rita G Arendt was born on April 25, 1929 in Luxemburg, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Walter F Christoff were married on September 11, 1948.
- Death: Rita G Arendt died on September 21, 2015, at age 86.
- Note: Rita G. Christoff, 86, Luxemburg, died early Monday morning, Sept. 21, 2015. She was born in Luxemburg, April 25, 1929, to the late Joseph and Josephine (Sigl) Arendt. On Sept. 11, 1948, Rita married Walter F. Christoff at St. Mary Church, Luxemburg. He preceded her in death Jan. 5, 1987.
Rita was a lifelong member of St. Mary Parish in Luxemburg. She, along with her husband, farmed in the Luxemburg area and in 1981 they purchased Luxemburg Milling, which remains family owned today. Her enjoyments included cooking, baking, playing cards, trips to the casino, and spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Survivors include her four children, Bonnie (special friend, Bill Thomson) Matzke, Linda (Bob) Dahlke, Dennis (Lisa) Christoff, Bob (Renee) Christoff, all of Luxemburg; 14 grandchildren, Tammy Hallett, Craig Hallett, Kevin Dahlke, Scott (Jennifer) Dahlke, Ryan (Julie) Dahlke, Robert (Bridget) Dahlke, David (Andrea) Christoff, Dennis L. Christoff, Marissa (John) Kickbusch, Nicholas Christoff, Jacob (Theresa) DePas, Adam DePas, Jamie DePas, Katie Christoff; four great-grandchildren, Jack and Lauren Dahlke, Braden and Sophia Kickbusch; one sister, Regina Everard, Green Bay; one brother-in-law and three sisters-in-law, Verna Christoff, Luxemburg; Chris and Ed Eckert, Arizona; Blanche Christoff, Abrams; nieces and nephews.
Rita was preceded in death by two sons-in-law, Mark Hallett and Howard Matzke; one brother and one sister-in-law, Harold and Theresa Arendt; three brothers-in-law, one sister-in-law, Wilfred Everard, Elmer Christoff, Donald Christoff, Joan Christoff; one half brother and four half sisters, Fred and Philomene Cravillion, Katherine and Lester Charles, Anne and Archie O'Brien, Marie and Bert Grande, Clarence and Lucille Arendt; her special friend, Louis Johnson.
Friends may call at THE MCMAHON FUNERAL HOME, LUXEMBURG, 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Sept.24, 2015. Parish prayer service 7 p.m.Thursday. Visitation will continue 9 to 10:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25, 2015, at St. Mary Church, Luxemburg. Funeral Friday 11 a.m. at the church with Rev. Milton Suess officiating. Burial in St. Mary Cemetery, Luxemburg. www.mcmahonfh.com.
The family wishes to extend a special thank you to Sharon Depeau for her countless prayers and time spent with Mom these past few months.
Francis Steven Beil
F, b. January 7, 1921, d. June 11, 1984
- Birth: Ruth Caffery was born on January 7, 1921.
- Death: She died on June 11, 1984, at age 63.
Timothy R Sokel
Barbara Ann Sokel
F, b. 1960, d. June 2, 2016
- Birth: Barbara Ann Sokel was born in 1960.
- Death: She died on June 2, 2016, at age ~56.
- Note: Barbara A. Fitzpatrick, age 56, of Berlin, passed into our Lord's arms on Thursday, June 2, 2016. Her long suffering and pain with multiple medical problems has ended and she is now at peace.
Barbara was a graduate of Menasha High School and had served in her past as a Medical Clerk, CNA and Caregiver. She was a talented singer, a big time cat lover, and had a great soul.
She is survived by her ex-husband and significant other, Brian Fitzpatrick of Berlin; her beloved daughter, Patricia (Jordan) Skorlinski of Madison; mother, Maureen Sokel of Menasha; four brothers, Richard (Mary) Sokel of Menasha, Timothy (Judy) Sokel of Appleton, Harry (girlfriend Annie) Sokel of Dunbar, and Corey (Liz) Sokel of Neenah. She is further survived by many precious nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and friends and especially Ann Sokel.
She was preceded in death by her father, Richard Sokel Sr. and multiple aunts and uncles.
No formal services are being held at this time.
For more information, or to offer family condolences, please go to www.wieckiskipchakfuneralhome.com.
Wiecki-Skipchak Funeral Home
116 S. Adams Ave.
Berlin, WI 54923
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 5, 2016.
Brian Thomas Fitzpatrick
F, b. March 28, 1932, d. July 14, 1981
- Birth: Shirley O'Keefe was born on March 28, 1932.
- Death: She died on July 14, 1981, at age 49.
Gary Richard Wicker