Katherine M Melcher
F, b. March 2, 1892, d. March 18, 1981
- Birth: Katherine M Melcher was born on March 2, 1892 in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 18, 1981, at age 89, in San Bernadino, San Bernadino, California.
Alvina M Melcher
F, b. January 1898
- Birth: Alvina M Melcher was born in January 1898 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Adolph Henry Miller
M, b. October 7, 1895, d. March 20, 1947
- Birth: Adolph Henry Miller was born on October 7, 1895 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 20, 1947, at age 51.
Gertrude C Melcher
F, b. September 6, 1899, d. July 1978
- Birth: Gertrude C Melcher was born on September 6, 1899.
- Death: She died in July 1978, at age 78.
Ferdinand John Kehl
M, b. October 29, 1894, d. June 29, 1946
- Birth: Ferdinand John Kehl was born on October 29, 1894.
- Death: He died on June 29, 1946, at age 51.
Sylvia F Melcher
F, b. November 26, 1902, d. March 19, 1990
- Birth: Sylvia F Melcher was born on November 26, 1902.
- Marriage: She and Arnold Neugebauer were married on June 7, 1922 in St Mary Church, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sylvia F Melcher died on March 19, 1990, at age 87.
Donald J Melcher
M, b. May 29, 1907, d. November 21, 1974
- Birth: Donald J Melcher was born on May 29, 1907 in Town of Harrison, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Adele L Gerard were married on April 13, 1936 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Donald J Melcher died on November 21, 1974, at age 67, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Adele L Gerard
F, b. January 28, 1914, d. August 29, 2002
- Birth: Adele L Gerard was born on January 28, 1914 in Jacksonport, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Donald J Melcher were married on April 13, 1936 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Adele L Gerard died on August 29, 2002, at age 88, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Kenneth J Melcher
M, b. July 10, 1910, d. August 28, 1984
- Birth: Kenneth J Melcher was born on July 10, 1910.
- Death: He died on August 28, 1984, at age 74, in Port Washington, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
David Jude Hietpas
M, b. April 28, 1960, d. October 11, 2017
- Birth: David Jude Hietpas was born on April 28, 1960.
- Death: He died on October 11, 2017, at age 57.
- Note: David Jude Hietpas, Age 57 Left this world on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 supported by his father and six siblings. Dave suffered a heart attack on August 4 and ultimately died of complications. "Brave Dave" was a humble, generous man who lived his Catholic faith every day and whose actions taught us the importance of faith, family, inclusion, acceptance, and integrity. A devout Catholic, Dave had a special devotion to the Blessed Mother and the Rosary. He showed that daily acts of kindness add up to enormous human impact. Dave grew up in St. Paul where he graduated from Cretin High School and the University of St. Thomas with a degree in Social Work. His passing leaves a gaping hole in a large, tight-knit family that includes his father, Quentin; brothers Tom (Sarah) and Paul (Tanya); and sisters Sara (Tom) Gavin, Susan (Jim) O'Neill, Margaret (Tom) Endres, and Ellen (Dan) Bettenburg. He was a treasured uncle and mentor to nieces Emily, Erin (Paul), Sara, Annie, Paige, Wini, and Grace; and nephews Ben, Matt (Mona), Dan, Joe, Michael, Ryan, Kevin, Quentin, Henry, and Jack; and great-nephew Oliver and great-niece Lucy. Dave also is survived by his Fleischhacker and Caswell cousins, his aunt Ramona Hietpas, uncles Richard Fleischhacker and Seldon Caswell, dear friends Diane Knight and Mark Walorski, and countless friends in the St. Paul Hispanic community. He was preceded in death by his fiancé Eleuteria Martinez; his beloved mother Sally; second mothers /aunts Mary Ann Fleischhacker and Gretchen Caswell; Uncle Paul Froehlich who benefited from Dave's compassionate care for many years; grandparents Sara ("Nana") and Paul ("Boppy") Froehlich and Emma and Henry Hietpas; great-aunts Marian, Clara and Rose; Uncle Frank and members of the Flanagan clan. No words can express our gratitude and admiration for the highly-skilled, compassionate care he received at Abbott-Northwestern Hospital. Visitation Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at O'Halloran and Murphy Funeral Home, 575 Snelling Avenue, St. Paul. Mass of Christian Burial on Wednesday, October 18 at 10:00 a.m., Lumen Christi Catholic Church, 2055 Bohland Avenue, St. Paul with visitation one hour prior to Mass. Private burial. In keeping with Dave's commitment to serving those in need, memorials are preferred to Little Sisters of the Poor, St. Paul (http:// www.littlesistersofthepoor stpaul.org/)
Published in Pioneer Press from Oct. 15 to Oct. 16, 2017.
Thomas P Hietpas