Richard H VandeLeest
M, b. July 14, 1928, d. January 18, 2015
- Birth: Richard H VandeLeest was born on July 14, 1928 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 10, 1959 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 18, 2015, at age 86.
- Note: Richard H. "Dick" Vande Leest, 86, Portage/Fall River, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015, at The Meadows of Fall River. Dick was born in Green Bay on July 14, 1928, the son of the late Harold and Myla (Chatel) Vande Leest. Dick was married to Joan Mande on Oct. 10, 1959, at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Green Bay. They were married 55 years. Dick graduated from Green Bay West High School in 1946 and joined the United States Marine Corps after graduation. After completing his enlistment, he attended and graduated from UW-Madison in 1952, with a BBA in Accounting. Dick worked at several jobs before retiring from Perry Printing in 1993. He really enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren, enriching their lives with his life experiences. Dick served the church in various capacities throughout his life as a Eucharistic minister, lector, religious education instructor, and usher. He was a lifelong blood donor and a Green Bay Packer season ticket holder.
Dick is survived by his wife Joan, Fall River; their six children, David (Cindy), West Allis; Michael (LoAnn), Traverse City, Mich.; Patricia (Robert, Jr.) Goebel, Sara (Dale) Prosser, Jane (Scott) Sydow, all of Columbus; and Thomas (Robyn), Waukesha; ten grandchildren, Katelynn Vande Leest, Steven Vande Leest, Kelsey and Taylor Goebel, Kayla and Ryan Prosser, Adam, Jamie and Erin Sydow, Kasi (Tom) Lange and one great-grandchild, Nathan Lange. Dick was preceded in death by an infant son, parents, and two brothers-in-law, Lloyd and Jerome Mande.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 24, 2015, at ST. JEROME CATHOLIC CHURCH in Columbus, followed by full military honors. Rev. Steve Kortendick will officiate. Visitation will be from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 23, at the funeral home, and from 10:30 a.m. until the time of service at the church on Saturday. Interment will be in St. Joseph Cemetery, East Bristol. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to a memorial fund at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Portage, Wis., or to a charity of your choice .
Jensen Funeral &
Paul A Brouillard
M, b. circa 1923, d. January 17, 2015
- Birth: Paul A Brouillard was born circa 1923 in St Aime, Massueville, Richelieu, Québec, Canada.
- Death: He died on January 17, 2015.
- Note: WOONSOCKET - Paul A. Brouillard, 92, of Woonsocket, passed away Saturday, January 17, 2015 in the Friendly Home. Born in St. Aime, Quebec, he was the son of the late Doria and Hedwidge (Valois) Brouillard. He was the twelfth of thirteen children.
He was the beloved husband of Evelyn J. (Brodeur) Brouillard for nearly 69 years, and the loving father of his daughter, Paulette Janario and her husband Joseph of North Smithfield. He was the brother of Theresa Morin of Woonsocket. He is survived by many nieces and nephews.
Paul was dedicated to his family and a man of deep faith. He served as a Eucharistic Minister, and was a daily communicant, as well as a volunteer for Meals on Wheels. A World War II Army veteran, Paul was a quartermaster serving in China, Burma and India. He worked as a foreman at the Lafayette, French Worsted and Cashmere-Forte mills.
His funeral will be held Friday, January 23, 2015, beginning with visitation from 8:30-9:30 AM in the Holt Funeral Home, 510 So. Main St., Woonsocket, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10AM in Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church, 1409 Park Ave., Woonsocket. Burial will follow in St. John the Baptist Cemetery, 350 Wrentham Road, Bellingham, MA. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Friendly Home, 303 Rhodes Avenue, Woonsocket, RI 02895 or to Home and Hospice Care of RI, 1085 No. Main St., Providence, RI 02904.
The family extends their sincere thanks to all the staff at the Friendly Home and the Home and Hospice Care of RI for the compassionate care that was shown to their loved one. www.holtfuneralhome.com.