Ty Jonathan VanKilsdonk
M, b. July 19, 2002, d. August 24, 2014
- Birth: Ty Jonathan VanKilsdonk was born on July 19, 2002 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 24, 2014, at age 12.
- Note: Ty Jonathan Vankilsdonk, 12, Green Bay, passed away Sunday, August 24th, from a fatal Asthma attack. Although his body lived on, he was pronounced with brain death on Monday, August 25, at 11:00 a.m. at that point giving life to many other children through organ donation. He was born on July 19, 2002 in Green Bay to Timothy Vankilsdonk and Mari McKay. Ty was the most thoughtful, giving child, and would have wanted to save others with his own life.
Ty was a very loving, energetic, hardworking little boy. He enjoyed making extra money directing the parking of cars for Packer games, and mowing his grandparents' yard. He brought an infectious laugh and put a smile on everyone's face as he entered a room. He loved dancing to country music with his mom, and running around the house having towel fights with his dad. He aspired to be a Marine, and was so excited to finally start deer hunting this fall with his dad. But the true loves of his life were the San Francisco 49ers, even naming his beloved puppy, Colin Kaepernick Vankilsdonk and the second true love was his x-box, at which he was an excellent player.
Ty also had a great sense of humor like his dad, and could always make everyone laugh with his practical jokes. He was the most caring uncle to Brylee, Evan, Ben and Will and always wanted to make special visits to Grandma Mary and Grandpa Jerry. He always ended every call and visit with "Love you!"
He is survived by his mother, Mari McKay; father, Timothy (Katie) Vankilsdonk; siblings, Patrick, Brice, Christopher (Trisha), Megan (fiancé, Jeremiah), Wesley (fiancée, Mariah); step-brothers, Wes and Rob; maternal grandparents, Larry and Janet McKay; paternal grandma, Mary Nelson; Grandpa Jerry; Grandpa Roger; maternal great-grandmother, Clara; niece, Brylee; nephews, Evan, Ben, and Will; aunts and uncles, Marty (Christine) McKay, Marlene "Meme" (Gary Sukowaty) Wanek, Robin (Blaine) Baker, Natalie Vernon, Shelly Vankilsdonk, Roger (special friend, Eileen) Vankilsdonk, and Lance (Barb) Kohl; cousins, Brian (Lisa) McKay, and their children, Aydin and Brody; Kelly (Devin) Holody; Paige McKay; Molly McKay; Nash Wanek; Anna Hoel; Michael Dilney; John Vernon; Holland Vernon; Ben Golldnick; Regan Degrand; Nathan, Marrisa and Courtney Kohl.
Friends may call at Annunciation Catholic Church, 401 Gray St., on Friday, from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Funeral Mass 6:30 p.m. Friday at the church with Rev. Don Everts officiating. Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com.
The family extends a special thanks to the doctors, nurses, and staff of the 10th floor ICU at St. Vincent Hospital.
"Our dearest son will be missed more than words can say and you will always be in our hearts and in our minds." - Love Mom and Dad.
Howard Hubert Lenssen
M, b. 1903, d. January 16, 1965
- Birth: Howard Hubert Lenssen was born in 1903.
- Death: He died on January 16, 1965, at age ~62, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Elmore John Lenssen
M, b. 1918, d. May 10, 1961
- Birth: Elmore John Lenssen was born in 1918.
- Death: He died on May 10, 1961, at age ~43.
F, b. September 4, 1923, d. April 19, 2000
- Birth: Leta Perry was born on September 4, 1923 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 19, 2000, at age 76.
- Burial: She was buried in Lakeview Memorial Park, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1783, d. July 23, 1858
- Birth: Bernardina Cobissen was born circa 1783.
- Death: She died on July 23, 1858 in Zevenaar, Gelderland, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1780
- Birth: Engelbertus Arns was born circa 1780.
F, b. September 28, 1901, d. July 11, 1974
- Birth: Josephine McMorrow was born on September 28, 1901 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 11, 1974, at age 72, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Richard J Brandt
M, b. November 12, 1929, d. January 19, 2017
- Birth: Richard J Brandt was born on November 12, 1929 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married.
- Death: He died on January 19, 2017, at age 87.
- Note: Richard J. "Dick" Brandt, Combined Locks, age 87, died Thursday, January 19, 2017 at Cherry Meadows Hospice. He was born November 12, 1929 in Appleton Wisconsin to the late Clifford and Josephine (McMorrow) Brandt and was the third born of four children. Dick went to grade school at Holy Cross Parish where he served as an altar boy and graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1947. While in high school, Dick served as captain of the boxing team and was a four sport letter winner for football, basketball, boxing and track. He was elected into the Kaukauna High School Hall of Fame in June 1979 along with his best friend Jim Giordana.
Dick graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a BS in Business Administration. He worked for Badger Northland for 13 years and State Farm Insurance for 23 years. He retired in 1992.
Dick loved the game of golf and belonged to Fox Valley Golf Course for 52 years where he won many tournaments and awards. He was the Exalted Ruler for the Elks and a lifelong member.
Dick was an avid Packer, Badger and Brewer fan. He lived in the locker room of sports. Dick was also a lover of Kaukauna and many considered him quite a historian of his beloved hometown. The gathering place was Tommy G's with lifelong friends, Mark Kalupa, and the late Jim Giordana. Together they shared many laughs and reminisced about old times.
He met and married Leona Dammerich and they lived in Menasha and also lived in Lady Lake, Florida as snowbirds for 15 years before returning to the Appleton area. She survived him after 22 years of marriage. They were reunited on May 7, 2017.
Dick had two sons with Karren Sherry Brandt Chouinard (Kirk and Corey) and is survived by Kirk (Louise) Brandt and Corey's special friend, Byron Thompson; granddaughters: Nicole and Mallory Brandt; and sister, Mary Rohan; step children: Debbie (John) Vosters, Shelly Gisvold, Bill Dammerich and Ricky (Kari) Dammerich; step grandchildren: Dana (Brandon) DeCoster, Zach (Laura) Vosters, Tyler (Erica) LaBorde, Chloe and Trevor (Vince) Griesbach, Cami Gisvold, Laura (Travis) Pillsbury, and Sarah and Sami Dammerich. He is further survived by great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
In addition to his parents, Dick was preceded in by his son, Dr. Corey J. Brandt (2015); grandson, Jordan Dammerich; sisters: Margaret "Peg" (Warren) Beaster and Patricia (Duane) Gast; and brother-in-law, Leo Rohan.
Visitation will be held Saturday, July 8, 2017 at O'CONNELL FUNERAL HOME (1776 E. Main St. Little Chute) beginning at 4:00 p.m. until time of funeral at 6:00 p.m. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com.
Dick was a quiet man, a gentle soul, one who combined both strength and kindness. He loved a good hearty laugh and a good southern comfort at the end of the day. He will be missed by all who knew him.
A special thank you to the ThedaCare at Home Hospice and the staff at Cherry Meadows for all of your kindness and care.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1947.
F, b. March 15, 1940, d. May 7, 2017
- Birth: Leona Richey was born on March 15, 1940 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: She and William Clarence Dammerich were married in 1961.
- Death: Leona Richey died on May 7, 2017, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leona M. Brandt (nee-Richey, Dammerich), age 77, passed away peacefully on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at Heritage Assisted Living in Appleton.
Leona was born on March 15, 1940 in Chicago, Illinois to William and Wilma Richey. She spent her childhood in Fort Dodge, Iowa before moving to Wisconsin to finish up her last two years of high school at Appleton West.
On New Year's Eve in 1960, she met Bill Dammerich in Milwaukee. Eight days later, the two of them eloped and spent the next 20 years of their lives raising four loving children in Freedom, Wisconsin.
She is the proud mother of daughter Debbie (John) Vosters, daughter Shelly Gisvold, son Bill Dammerich and son Rick (Kari) Dammerich; proud grandmother of Dana (Brandon) DeCoster, Zach (Laura) Vosters, Tyler LaBorde (Erica), Chloe Griesbach, Trevor (Vince) Griesbach, Cami Gisvold, Laura (Travis) Pillsbury, Sara Dammerich, Samantha Dammerich and Jordan Dammerich; stepmother to Kirk (Louise) Brandt and Corey (Byron) Brandt; step grandmother to Nicole and Mallory Brandt; and great grandmother to Tess, Alli, Cashton, Fallon, Aliyah and William.
Leona was a stay at home mom with summers spent at the cottage on White Potato Lake or in the backyard pool with the kids. She and Bill divorced, but remained lifelong friends, raising their children together until his passing in 2007.
Leona worked for USIG and Guardian Life Insurance, eventually pursuing early retirement in 1994 after meeting and marrying Dick Brandt. Together, they spent the next 15 years enjoying life as snowbirds in Florida. Mom and Dick were the life of the party; socializing with many friends and creating countless memories. Leona and Dick lived a happy life for 22 years together before Dick's passing in January of 2017.
Mom was an avid reader and quilter, and only golfed when pressured...! LOL She also served as a hospice volunteer at Theda Care Cherry Meadows; bringing care and comfort to many. During her time there, she contributed to the Memorial Quilt that is still used today to honor those who have passed.
Her favorite holiday was Christmas, but she treasured any opportunity for the family to spend time together. The holidays were always a time that brought all of the kids home filled with fun, laughter and love. Mom truly cherished her family and her longtime friendships. Some of Mom's best times were spent with Lois, Mary and countless others, at some of their favorite spots like Four Torches, JJ's, George's and up north!
Mom was preceded in death by husband Richard, her parents, brother Robert Richey, Margie Dammerich, Bill Dammerich, grandson Jordan Dammerich, and stepson Dr. Corey J. Brandt, and other close relatives and friends.
Visitation will be held Monday, May 15, 2017 at O'CONNELL FUNERAL HOME (1776 E. Main St. Little Chute) beginning at 4:00 p.m. until time of Funeral at 6:00 p.m. Committal Holy Cross Cemetery. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Cherry Meadows Hospice.
We'd like to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, Thedacare Hospice Team and volunteers. You all gave to mom selflessly and made the last 3 months of her life a gift to her and to us. She said many times, "They treat me like a queen here!" You're never quite ready for this day to come but knowing she was happy and loved and had made many new friends makes it easier.
Mom, Gramma Loni, Honey, We love you, we miss you and you can breathe easy now!! Love you always and forever,
Debbie, Shelly, Billy and RickM.
F, b. June 25, 1924, d. December 26, 2009
- Birth: Margaret Brandt was born on June 25, 1924 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 26, 2009, at age 85.
- Burial: She was buried in Bushnell, Sumter Co, Florida.
F, b. October 12, 1946, d. September 9, 2015
- Birth: Christina Krause was born on October 12, 1946 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 9, 2015, at age 68.
- Note: Christina (nee Krause) Haslehurst was born October 12, 1946 in Appleton, and passed away peacefully on September 9, 2015, joining the love of her life Ralph Van Horn. After traveling extensively while working in the import business, Tina settled down to operate Tina's Inn in Hortonville. She then worked at Target Food Service and Kwik Trip until her retirement.
She is survived by two brothers: Larry (Sharon) Krause of Appleton, Dean (Marla) Krause of Berlin; a sister: Angie Perrine of Appleton; her brothers and sisters-in law: Larry (Judy) Van Horn, Don Van Horn, Clarence (Cindy) Van Horn, Diane (Ray) Gomm, Al Van Horn, Les (Lisa) Van Horn, Linda (Rich) Minnihan, Dan (Tina) Van Horn, and many nieces and nephews. Also, some very special friends that were there for her during her illness including Mary Miesenhelder, Mary Beth Matuszak, Nancy DeDecker and Sue (Tim) Diestler. She was preceded in death by her husband Ralph Van Horn, parents Willard and Frances Krause, a brother Jim Krause, a sister Karen Krause, and a brother-in law Donald Perrine.
A celebration of Tina's life will be held on Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM at the Appleton Community Evangelical Free Church, 2490 West Capitol Drive in Appleton, with Pastor John Hartenberger officiating. Visitation will be held at the church on Saturday from 9:30 AM until the time of the services. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established.
Tina would further like to thank the members of her church for all their help throughout both her and her husband's fight against cancer. When you remember Tina, always remember her with a smile, she wanted to leave this world laughing and had no regrets in her life. She always felt that she "had really lived" and she is now at peace with the love of her life.
A special Thank You to the wonderful care provided by Southern Care Hospice and Grand Horizons Nursing Home.
For more information or to share a memory, please visit www.hovcremation.com.
M, b. July 22, 1803
- Birth: Gerardus VandenBerg was born on July 22, 1803 in Gemert, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. March 6, 1808
- Birth: Joanna VandenBerg was born on March 6, 1808 in Gemert, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. December 11, 1798
- Birth: Judocus VanDoren was born on December 11, 1798 in Gemert, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Beatrice Marcella Barlow
F, b. May 6, 1906, d. October 7, 1979
- Birth: Beatrice Marcella Barlow was born on May 6, 1906 in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Harold Frank Doemel were married on December 30, 1926 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Beatrice Marcella Barlow died on October 7, 1979, at age 73, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Charles Karl Doemel
M, b. September 29, 1862, d. September 18, 1940
Family: Susan Rothenbach (b. May 15, 1864, d. April 22, 1928)
- Olga Mary Doemel (b. June 14, 1884, d. September 18, 1918)
- John Karl Doemel (b. October 25, 1885, d. November 16, 1918)
- George J Doemel (b. June 25, 1889, d. April 13, 1965)
- Flora Doemel (b. February 1891, d. October 21, 1904)
- Robert F Doemel (b. April 17, 1893, d. December 25, 1948)
- Elsa Susanna Doemel (b. January 6, 1895, d. September 3, 1964)
- Arthur Frank Doemel (b. October 18, 1896, d. October 16, 1957)
- Susan V Doemel (b. March 7, 1898, d. May 17, 1962)
- Herbert E Doemel (b. July 22, 1900, d. November 24, 1980)
- Walter George Doemel (b. August 24, 1902, d. March 16, 1969)
- Esther Marie Doemel (b. April 18, 1904, d. March 19, 2000)
- Harold Frank Doemel (b. October 26, 1907, d. March 31, 1972)
- Birth: Charles Karl Doemel was born on September 29, 1862 in Winnebago County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Susan Rothenbach were married on April 19, 1883 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Charles Karl Doemel died on September 18, 1940, at age 77, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
August Minard Barlow
M, b. June 20, 1873, d. March 17, 1944
Family: Lessie A Post (b. September 22, 1884, d. March 18, 1973)
- Beatrice Marcella Barlow (b. May 6, 1906, d. October 7, 1979)
- Raymond Barlow (b. December 27, 1907, d. March 28, 1976)
- Evelyn A Barlow (b. March 1910)
- Louis L Barlow (b. February 4, 1913, d. April 25, 1970)
- George Martin Barlow (b. May 16, 1916, d. April 21, 1961)
- Simon Charles Barlow (b. March 29, 1918, d. July 15, 1991)
- Victor B Barlow (b. September 3, 1920, d. September 8, 2010)
- Kenneth Alvin Barlow (b. August 5, 1924, d. November 11, 1985)
- Betty Jean Barlow (b. January 8, 1928, d. February 17, 1971)
- Birth: August Minard Barlow was born on June 20, 1873.
- Marriage: He and Lessie A Post were married on July 12, 1905.
- Death: August Minard Barlow died on March 17, 1944, at age 70, in Waupaca, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.