Celine Marie Claudette Dion
Family: Rene Angelil (b. January 16, 1942, d. January 14, 2016)
F, b. November 29, 1956, d. January 16, 2016
CANADA - NOVEMBER 07: Therese Dion, mother of Superstar Celine Dion launches her autobiography In Montreal, Canada On November 07, 2006-Daniel Dion, brother of Celine Dion (Photo by Michel PONOMAREFF/PONOPRESSE/Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)
- Birth: Daniel Dion was born on November 29, 1956 in Charlemagne, Quebec, Canada.
- Death: She died on January 16, 2016, at age 59.
- Note: Celine Dion has lost another loved one.
Her brother Daniel Dion – one of Céline's 13 siblings – has died, PEOPLE has confirmed. He was 59.
Daniel had brain, throat and tongue cancer, according to the Associated Press.
His death comes less than a day after PEOPLE learned he was dying, and two days after her husband, René Angélil, also died of cancer.
"They're close, she's close with all of her siblings," a source previously told PEOPLE of Céline, 47, and Daniel. "It's hard."
At the time of her husband's passing, Céline had tentatively scheduled her return in Las Vegas for Feb. 23.
"Céline is still in Vegas with her kids making plans for [her husband's] funeral," the source said. "It's a typical grieving process. There's moments of shed tears, moments of memories and laughter."
Daniel's tribute will take place on Saturday, Jan. 23, at Salon Charles Rajotte in Repentigny. A religious funeral will also take place at St-Simon-et-Jude, in Charlemagne Québec, where the family was raised.
"His last days were in the wonderful care of the doctors and personnel at Maison Adhémar-Dion, a palliative care center in Terrebonne Québec," Daniel's obituary read. "For those wishing to send flowers, a donation to that organization would be very much appreciated."
Read the full official obituary below.
Battling cancer for a few years, it's in the uttermost discretion and surrounded by his family that Daniel Dion, 59, died today, January 16. He was the eighth child of Thérèse and Adhémar Dion, brother of Céline.
In sadness and grief, he leaves a large family headed by their mother, Thérèse Tanguay-Dion; his daughters Valérie (Patrick Goyette) and Marie-Michelle; his grandchildren Matis and Laurianne (Valérie); his brothers and sisters Denise (Yvon Dodier), Clément (Denise Dumont), Claudette (Serge Gaudet) Liette (Guy Poirier) Michel (Danièle Corbeil), Louise (Pierre Tremblay), Jacques (Geneviève Garceau), Ghislaine (Jacques Talbot), Linda (Alain Sylvestre), Manon, Paul, Pauline (Marc Martel) and Céline (René Angélil). As well as many nieces and nephews, cousins and friends, who are remembering a gentle and reserved man of many talents.
Tribute will be paid at Salon Charles Rajotte in Repentigny, Saturday January 23 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. A few days later, a religious funeral will take place at St-Simon-et-Jude, in Charlemagne Québec, where the family was raised.
His last days were in the wonderful care of the doctors and personnel at Maison Adhémar-Dion, a palliative care center in Terrebonne Québec. For those wishing to send flowers, a donation to that organization would be very much appreciated.
Taking in consideration the reserved character of their deceased brother, the family wishes respect and discretion from the media.
M, b. January 16, 1942, d. January 14, 2016
- Birth: Rene Angelil was born on January 16, 1942.
- Death: He died on January 14, 2016, at age 73.
Rene Charles Angelil
M, b. 1697
Angelique Marie Madeleine Ritchot
F, b. 1704
- Birth: Angelique Marie Madeleine Ritchot was born in 1704.
- Marriage: She and Michel Pinard were married in 1723.
Marie Madeleine Pinard
F, b. February 21, 1698
- Birth: Marie Madeleine Pinard was born on February 21, 1698 in St François-du-Lac, Yamaska, Québec, Canada.
Marie Louise Pinard
F, b. circa 1693
- Marie Louise Mongeau (b. January 18, 1717)
- Agathe Mongeau (b. August 6, 1719)
- Jean Baptiste Mongeau (b. March 27, 1721)
- Marie Catherine Mongeau (b. February 17, 1722)
- Anne Mongeau (b. June 26, 1724)
- Marie Josephte Mongeau (b. December 13, 1725)
- Pierre Mongeau (b. July 13, 1727)
- Basile Mongeau (b. January 23, 1729)
- Marie Monique Mongeau (b. August 25, 1730)
- Christophe Mongeau (b. September 6, 1731)
- Joseph Mongeau (b. September 23, 1732)
- Jacques Mongeau (b. April 21, 1734)
- Joseph Mongeau (b. March 15, 1736, d. March 18, 1736)
Marie Agathe Pinard
F, b. March 6, 1707, d. May 22, 1750
Family: Francois Niquet (b. circa 1700, d. September 12, 1761)
- Joseph Francois Niquet (b. November 27, 1726, d. March 12, 1778)
- Claude Marie Niquet (b. June 23, 1728, d. August 10, 1769)
- Marie Genevieve Niquet (b. April 15, 1730, d. March 21, 1790)
- Jean Baptiste Niquet (b. August 11, 1731, d. December 7, 1796)
- Francois Jean Baptiste Niquet (b. May 26, 1733, d. May 30, 1733)
- Francois Gabriel Niquet (b. August 27, 1734, d. August 29, 1734)
- Marie Agathe Niquet (b. November 6, 1735, d. March 20, 1790)
- Toussaint Niquet (b. May 29, 1737, d. May 4, 1790)
- Francois Gabriel Niquet (b. August 27, 1739, d. August 27, 1741)
- Elisabeth Niquet (b. August 15, 1741)
- Francois Antoine Niquet (b. August 28, 1746, d. September 14, 1750)
- Paul Niquet (b. April 12, 1748, d. September 10, 1750)
- Birth: Marie Agathe Pinard was born on March 6, 1707 in St François-du-Lac, Yamaska, Québec, Canada.
- Marriage: She and Francois Niquet were married on January 28, 1726 in St François-du-Lac, Yamaska, Québec, Canada.
- Death: Marie Agathe Pinard died on May 22, 1750, at age 43, in St François-du-Lac, Yamaska, Québec, Canada.
Francois Joseph Pinard
M, b. 1708
- Birth: Francois Joseph Pinard was born in 1708 in Québec, Canada.
Marie Claude Pinard
F, b. 1717, d. 1717
- Birth: Marie Claude Pinard was born in 1717.
- Death: She died in 1717, at age ~0.