F, b. August 6, 1822, d. June 27, 1893
- Adeline Gardner (b. September 3, 1842, d. October 17, 1906)
- Sophia Gardner (b. 1843)
- Elizabeth Gardner (b. 1844)
- Edward Gardner (b. 1849)
- Henry Gardner (b. 1851)
- Mary Selina Gardner (b. 1853)
- John Gardner (b. January 3, 1854, d. October 12, 1921)
- Ellen Gardner (b. 1855, d. 1935)
- Lucy Gardner (b. 1858, d. 1904)
- Mary L Gardner (b. July 4, 1861, d. February 6, 1939)
- George S Gardner (b. September 4, 1863, d. June 17, 1933)
- Levi Oliver Gardner (b. 1866, d. May 15, 1925)
- Birth: Margaret Kirkey was born on August 6, 1822 in Bombay, Franklin Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Solomon Galarneau were married on November 23, 1841.
- Death: Margaret Kirkey died on June 27, 1893, at age 70.
Christiana Scholastique Kirkey
F, b. April 25, 1824, d. 1900
Family: Louis Arquette (b. March 12, 1825, d. 1900)
- Christina Arquette (b. July 26, 1844, d. 1850)
- Sophia Arquette (b. March 15, 1846, d. May 23, 1910)
- Mary Arquette (b. March 26, 1847, d. August 15, 1847)
- Francis Arquette (b. June 27, 1848, d. 1850)
- Joseph Arquette (b. December 27, 1849, d. January 28, 1898)
- Lewis Arquette (b. October 14, 1851, d. April 28, 1931)
- Richard Arquette (b. April 13, 1853, d. 1917)
- Maragret Arquette (b. February 12, 1855)
- Susan Arquette (b. October 4, 1856)
- Catherine Arquette (b. October 15, 1859)
- William Arquette (b. July 1860, d. February 20, 1942)
- Agnes Arquette (b. 1862)
- David Augustus Arquette (b. November 25, 1865, d. February 20, 1942)
- Gustavius Arquette (b. April 22, 1866, d. February 20, 1942)
- Birth: Christiana Scholastique Kirkey was born on April 25, 1824 in Bombay, Franklin Co, New York.
- Death: She died in 1900, at age ~76.
M, b. August 1827, d. June 20, 1905
- Mary Marguerite Kirkey (b. 1863)
- Anna Mae Kirkey (b. August 18, 1864, d. September 29, 1947)
- John Augustin Kirkey (b. June 14, 1867)
- Henry A Kirkey (b. 1869)
- Elizabeth Kirkey (b. 1872)
- Emma Kirkey (b. December 11, 1874, d. January 22, 1931)
- Robert Edgar Kirkey (b. July 30, 1877, d. December 5, 1965)
- Henritta Kirkey (b. April 25, 1880)
- Jane Mae Kirkey (b. December 12, 1883)
- Birth: Francis Kirkey was born in August 1827 in Bombay, Franklin Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Christiana Julia Bero were married in 1847 in Norfolk, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: Francis Kirkey and Marguerite St Denis were married on December 7, 1862 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Francis Kirkey died on June 20, 1905, at age 77, in Norfolk, St Lawrence Co, New York.
Regis (Richard) Cartier
M, b. April 19, 1828, d. January 28, 1907
Family: Marcelline Dupuis (b. December 2, 1831, d. August 4, 1906)
- Henri Cartier (b. February 19, 1851, d. January 29, 1929)
- Marie Cartier (b. November 19, 1853)
- Sara Elisabeth Cartier (b. September 26, 1854, d. February 4, 1913)
- Joseph Cartier (b. June 10, 1857, d. February 21, 1928)
- Anicet Nathan Cartier (b. January 8, 1859, d. June 19, 1911)
- Jean Baptiste Cartier (b. 1863)
- Marie Joseph Cartier (b. August 18, 1865)
- Marie Susanne Cartier (b. March 28, 1868)
- Guillaume Cartier (b. December 20, 1869)
- Louise Orelie Cartier (b. February 11, 1872)
- Birth: Regis (Richard) Cartier was born on April 19, 1828.
- Death: He died on January 28, 1907, at age 78, in Rush City, Chisago Co, Minnesota.
William Edward Cortier
M, b. January 15, 1832, d. January 16, 1918
Family: Sarah Desroche (b. April 1841, d. April 20, 1908)
- Alfred O Cortier (b. January 1856)
- Henry Evangeliste Cortier (b. March 1, 1858)
- Jane Cartier (b. 1859)
- Sarah Malvina Cortier (b. February 1860, d. March 30, 1924)
- Adeline Cordelia Cortier (b. 1861, d. 1915)
- Israel Severin Edward Cortier (b. May 10, 1863, d. January 26, 1956)
- Eva Angeline Cortier (b. February 26, 1865, d. September 19, 1938)
- Mary Nancy Cortier (b. August 25, 1867, d. July 23, 1911)
- William Cortier (b. 1868)
- Francis E Cartier (b. 1868)
- Mary Louis Cortier (b. 1871)
- Hedwige Elizabeth Cartier (b. January 16, 1873, d. August 1934)
- Joseph Alphonse Cartier (b. May 1875)
- Felix Cartier (b. 1878)
- Orville Cortier (b. 1879)
- Birth: William Edward Cortier was born on January 15, 1832 in Bombay, Franklin Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Sarah Desroche were married on February 19, 1855.
- Death: William Edward Cortier died on January 16, 1918, at age 86, in Taconite, Itasca Co, Minnesota.
- Note: He died when he fell and hit his head on a radiator while chasing his grandson around a table
Obituary--Grand Rapids Herald Review, January 16, 1918
"The death of William Cortier occurred at the home of his son, Ed Cortier, Sunday evening. He was to have been 86 years old the 15th of January had he lived. He was born in New York state but went to Canada when a boy. He was married to Sarah Deltoche when 21 years of age. They raised 11 children of their own and six orphans six boys and five girls. One of his daughters Mrs. Addie Enouf died three years ago. His wife died ten years ago and he has made his home with his children since that time. The youngest son is in the army, two sons are in Seattle, Wash, one girl in California, two girls in South Bend, Indiana one boy in Flint, Mich., and the oldest boy is at Trout Lake. Thirty-eight years ago he and his wife moved from Canada to Alpena, Mich. and had made their home there when he came to live with his son Ed Cortier of Taconite. He has also a daughter residing at Taconite, Mrs. Arthur Robillard formerly Mrs. A.C. Anderson. The funeral was held Tuesday morning at St. Patrick's Church. Rev. Father Larrigon officiating with interment at Lake View Cemetery. The pall bearers were John and Frank Hughes, William Sullivan, John Smith, Joe Robichard and Joe Dazel."
F, b. 1833
- Julia Russell (b. February 14, 1849)
- Marcelle Russell (b. 1850, d. January 24, 1893)
- Agnes Louise Russell (b. September 5, 1854, d. September 26, 1932)
- Henry Russell (b. August 29, 1856, d. June 3, 1933)
- John Russell (b. 1858)
- Franklin Russell (b. May 6, 1861, d. April 7, 1937)
- Anna Russell (b. 1862)
- George Russell (b. 1866)
- Mary Russell (b. January 31, 1868)
- Birth: Sophia Kirkey was born in 1833.
- Marriage: She and Francis Xavier Russell were married on July 15, 1848 in Hogansburg, Franklin Co, New York.
F, b. circa 1838, d. June 9, 1891
Family: Joseph Lavigne (b. December 1832, d. September 26, 1884)
- Joseph Lavigne (b. August 12, 1856, d. March 12, 1930)
- Ellen Lavigne (b. 1858)
- William Lavigne (b. 1859)
- Henry Lavigne (b. July 24, 1861, d. March 16, 1937)
- Louis Lavigne (b. May 24, 1863, d. March 30, 1928)
- Frank Lavigne (b. December 1868, d. 1950)
- George Lavigne (b. October 24, 1870, d. November 7, 1945)
- Alice Lavigne (b. March 21, 1874, d. 1963)
- Birth: Elizabeth Kirkey was born circa 1838 in Bombay, Franklin Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Lavigne were married in November 1855 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Elizabeth Kirkey died on June 9, 1891 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
M, b. June 28, 1838
- Birth: Julien Kirkey was born on June 28, 1838.
Adeline Ellen Kirkey
F, b. October 22, 1841, d. April 5, 1908
- Birth: Adeline Ellen Kirkey was born on October 22, 1841 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Gilbert Lavigne were married on November 28, 1855 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: Adeline Ellen Kirkey and John Mitchell were married on March 9, 1868.
- Death: Adeline Ellen Kirkey died on April 5, 1908, at age 66, in Louisville, Jefferson Co, Kentucky.
F, b. 1822
Family: John Kirkey (b. February 5, 1816, d. February 13, 1896)
- Adeline Ellen Kirkey (b. July 16, 1840, d. April 22, 1925)
- Francis Kirkey (b. July 15, 1842, d. March 3, 1917)
- Lewis Kirkey (b. April 1, 1843, d. July 25, 1912)
- Louisa Kirkey (b. April 1, 1845)
- Elizabeth Kirkey (b. April 15, 1847, d. February 24, 1939)
- Sophie Kirkey (b. December 15, 1848, d. June 7, 1915)
- Joseph Kirkey (b. September 15, 1850, d. March 11, 1936)
- Moses Kirkey (b. October 18, 1852, d. April 19, 1934)
- Rose Anna Kirkey (b. July 1, 1855, d. July 21, 1935)
- Electa Kirkey (b. 1857, d. July 13, 1905)
- Mary Kirkey (b. June 24, 1859, d. February 21, 1932)
- Henry Kirkey (b. October 3, 1860, d. May 15, 1941)
- Birth: Sophie Galarneau was born in 1822.
- Marriage: She and John Kirkey were married on November 23, 1841.
Adeline Ellen Kirkey
F, b. July 16, 1840, d. April 22, 1925
- Birth: Adeline Ellen Kirkey was born on July 16, 1840 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Mitchell Small were married in 1858.
- Death: Adeline Ellen Kirkey died on April 22, 1925, at age 84, in Edwards, St Lawrence Co, New York.
M, b. July 15, 1842, d. March 3, 1917
Family: Julie Parent (b. April 4, 1841, d. January 11, 1920)
- Birth: Francis Kirkey was born on July 15, 1842 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Julie Parent were married on September 24, 1861 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Francis Kirkey died on March 3, 1917, at age 74, in Duluth, St Louis Co, Minnesota.
- Note: Frank Kirkey served in the Civil War. The following is taken from his pension file. He enlisted September 3, 1864 in Massena for a period of one year in Captain Horace M. Danforth's Co., L, 6th Reg. Heavy Artillery, New York Vols. He was 23 years old and a farmer. He had hazel eyes, black hair, a dark complexion, and was 5' 3" or 5' 3" tall. He mustered in September 8, 1864. He was paid a bounty of $33.33. On May 28, 1912, Frank applied for a pension. He was 70 years old and lived in Rush City, county of Chisago, Minnesota. It states that Frank was honorably discharged June 28, 1865 at Petersburg, Virginia.
M, b. April 1, 1843, d. July 25, 1912
- Birth: Lewis Kirkey was born on April 1, 1843 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Mary Angeline Trepannier were married on January 29, 1895 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Lewis Kirkey died on July 25, 1912, at age 69, in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Note: Lewis Kirkey died at his home on East Orvis street in this village last Friday evening after an illness of over a year of tuberculosis, aged 69 years and four months. The funeral was held from the Catholic church Monday morning and was largely attended, there being nearly a hundred teams in the procession, besides a large number of village people who walked. Interment in the Catholic cemetery.
Lewis Kirkey was born in Massena and was a son of the late John Kirkey, one of the early settlers of Massena. He enlisted in the Civil War and went out with the 6th New York Heavy Artillery, serving two years. He was a member of Col. Hiram Anderson Post, G.A.R. and members of the Post acted as pall bearers at the funeral.
His first wife was Miss Madeline Small, of Brasher, who died about 21 years ago, leaving four daughters. Later he married Mrs. Mary Peets, of Massena, who survives him with one daughter. The surviving children are Mrs. Rose Morrison of Edwards, Mrs. Fred Wright of Lowville, Mrs. Nellie Kirkey of Brasher, Mrs. Eva Gadbois, who lives in Alberta, Canada, and Miss Elizabeth Kirkey who lives at home. He leaves four brothers, Joseph of North Lawrence, Moses and Henry of Massena, and Frank of St. Paul, Minn.; also five sisters Mrs. Henry Myers, Mrs. Sophia Mitchell, and Mrs. Elizabeth Robart, of Massena, Mrs. Ellen Small, of Brasher, and Mrs. Rose Compton, of St. Paul, Minn.
F, b. April 1, 1845
- Birth: Louisa Kirkey was born on April 1, 1845.
F, b. April 15, 1847, d. February 24, 1939
- Birth: Elizabeth Kirkey was born on April 15, 1847 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Frank Robare were married on July 4, 1884.
- Death: Elizabeth Kirkey died on February 24, 1939, at age 91, in Brasher Falls, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Note: Mrs. Eliza Robare, 93, died at 7 o'clock this morning at the home of her son, John, at Brasher Center.
Death was due to infirmities of old age. Mrs. Robare had lived in Brasher Center for the past 60 years.
The funeral will be Monday at 9 o'clock at St. Patrick's Church, Brasher Falls, the Rev. John Cotter, pastor, officiating. Burial will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery.
Mrs. Robare was born in the vicinity of Brasher, Apr. 15, 1845, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Kirkey.
She is survived by two sons, John, Brasher Center, and Antwine, Watertown. She also leaves two stepsons, Julius, Detroit, and Bert, Canastota. One brother, Henry Kirkey, Massena, also survives.
F, b. December 15, 1848, d. June 7, 1915
Family 1: Levi Jessmer (b. June 27, 1844, d. November 16, 1880)
- Frank Jessmer (b. April 14, 1868, d. February 20, 1930)
- George L Jessmer (b. January 15, 1871, d. December 20, 1945)
- Louisa Jessmer (b. May 16, 1872, d. 1929)
- Mary Jane Jessmer (b. September 30, 1873, d. October 26, 1936)
- Charles Henry Jessmer (b. November 18, 1875, d. June 18, 1964)
- John William Jessmer (b. January 26, 1878, d. December 1922)
- Alice Esther Jessmer (b. October 6, 1878, d. March 20, 1956)
- Birth: Sophie Kirkey was born on December 15, 1848 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Levi Jessmer were married on March 2, 1864 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: Sophie Kirkey and Joseph Mitchell were married on March 24, 1884.
- Death: Sophie Kirkey died on June 7, 1915, at age 66.
- Note: Mrs. Sophia J. Mitchell died Mondy at the home of her daughter, Mrs. John Keenan, residing about a mile east of this village, following a long illness from cancer. The funeral was held Wednesday morning at ten o'clock from the church of the Sacred Heart, Rev. Father T. P. Holland officiating. Burial was made in the old Catholic cemetery beside her husband, Joseph Mitchell, who died four years ago.
Mrs. Mitchell's maiden name was Sophia Kirkey and she was born in the town of Massena in July 1847, making her nearll 68 years old. In early life she married Levi Jesmer, who died many years ago and 24 years ago she married Joseph Mitchell and they resided in Plumbrook until his death four years ago, since which time she has resided with her daughter, Mrs. Keenan, in this town.
She was the mother of eight children by her first husband, six of whom survive, Frank Jesmer, of Potsdam; John and Charles, of Massena Springs; Mrs. John Keenan with whom she lived; Mrs. Mary Jane McClure, of Brasher Falls, and Mrs. Alice McClure, of Massena Point. She is also survived by four brothers and four sisters, Mrs. Henry Myers and Mrs. Elizabeth Robar, of Massena; Mrs. Mitchell Small, of Brasher Flats; Mrs. Rose Compton, of St. Paul, Minn.; Joseph Kirkey, of Nicholville; Frank Kirkey, of St. Paul, Minn.; Moses and Henry Kirkey, of Massena. They were all present at the funeral with the exception of the brother and sister from St. Paul and Mrs. Myers, who is just recovering from pneumonia.
M, b. September 15, 1850, d. March 11, 1936
Family: Salome Rosella Dougal (b. June 18, 1849, d. December 8, 1925)
- Allen A Kirkey (b. 1876)
- Jane Kirkey (b. March 18, 1877, d. February 11, 1965)
- Henry Kirkey (b. 1878)
- Elias Kirkey (b. 1879)
- Edith Kirkey (b. 1882, d. February 1918)
- Albert W Kirkey (b. November 15, 1884, d. June 19, 1945)
- Maude Kirkey (b. August 19, 1886, d. August 2, 1945)
- Dorothy Kirkey (b. November 18, 1891, d. October 27, 1976)
- Birth: Joseph Kirkey was born on September 15, 1850.
- Death: He died on March 11, 1936, at age 85, in Stockholm Center, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Note: Services were held at 1 o'clock, Friday afternoon, in the Methodist Episcopal church for Joseph Kirkey, 86, whp died of a heart attack and was found in his bed, Wednesday, March 11, by his son, Albert Kirkey, with whom he lived, on a farm on the Winthrop-Brookdale road. He was born Oct. 5, 1959. He has lived in Massena and this vicinity for many years. His wife, who was Miss Saloma Dougall, died several years ago. Besides his son, Albert, he is survived by two sons, Allie of Helena, Eli of New Hampshire; three daughters, Mrs. Jennie Thompson, New Jersey; Mrs. Dora Courier, Bombay, and Miss Maud Kirkey, Ogdensburg, and two grandchildren in Winthrop, Edna and Lora Kirkey.
Rev. Bert J. Davison officiated at the service. Interment was made in Fairview cemetery, Brasher Falls.
M, b. October 18, 1852, d. April 19, 1934
Family: Sophia Kirkey (b. May 6, 1847, d. August 9, 1928)
- Alfred Frederick Kirkey (b. April 26, 1873, d. November 30, 1936)
- Electa Alice Kirkey (b. December 17, 1874, d. January 3, 1955)
- Mary Jane Kirkey (b. January 2, 1877, d. January 3, 1937)
- Eliza Ann Kirkey (b. 1879)
- Lulu Kirkey (b. September 1879)
- Christie Anne Kirkey (b. August 1, 1882, d. December 29, 1929)
- Barney Kirkey (b. July 15, 1884, d. November 30, 1956)
- Susan Kirkey (b. January 1889, d. March 9, 1910)
- Adelaide Louise Kirkey (b. December 25, 1891, d. January 1, 1969)
- Birth: Moses Kirkey was born on October 18, 1852 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Sophia Kirkey were married in 1871 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Moses Kirkey died on April 19, 1934, at age 81, in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
Rose Anna Kirkey
F, b. July 1, 1855, d. July 21, 1935
Family: Wilson Compton (b. June 1849, d. September 1900)
- Margaret Compton (b. April 1882, d. February 2, 1883)
- Perley A Compton (b. May 1883)
- Alice May Compton (b. January 1885, d. May 29, 1886)
- Stella Compton (b. July 1886, d. October 31, 1942)
- Cephis Orlan Compton (b. April 1889, d. August 27, 1922)
- Flossie Compton (b. August 1890, d. November 5, 1890)
- Birth: Rose Anna Kirkey was born on July 1, 1855 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: She died on July 21, 1935, at age 80, in St Paul, Ramsey Co, Minnesota.
F, b. 1857, d. July 13, 1905
Family: Jesse J Sharlow (b. February 2, 1849, d. March 21, 1936)
- Harriet Sharlow (b. 1879)
- Mary Jane Sharlow (b. 1881, d. December 27, 1959)
- Allen Sharlow (b. January 1883)
- Rose Alice Sharlow (b. June 9, 1885, d. November 24, 1962)
- Melvin Sharlow (b. June 1887)
- Henry Albert Sharlow (b. August 6, 1889, d. January 27, 1960)
- Maurice Levi Sharlow (b. February 1890, d. August 1, 1937)
- Birth: Electa Kirkey was born in 1857.
- Death: She died on July 13, 1905, at age ~48, in Antwerp, Jefferson Co, New York.
F, b. June 24, 1859, d. February 21, 1932
Family: Henry Myres (b. February 11, 1859, d. February 15, 1919)
- Birth: Mary Kirkey was born on June 24, 1859 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: She died on February 21, 1932, at age 72, in Massachusetts.
M, b. October 3, 1860, d. May 15, 1941
- Birth: Henry Kirkey was born on October 3, 1860 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Rose Ellen Rusaw were married on October 3, 1878.
- Death: Henry Kirkey died on May 15, 1941, at age 80, in Hermon, St Lawrence Co, New York.
M, b. June 11, 1835, d. October 12, 1914
- Birth: Mitchell Small was born on June 11, 1835 in Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada.
- Marriage: He and Adeline Ellen Kirkey were married in 1858.
- Death: Mitchell Small died on October 12, 1914, at age 79, in Brasher Falls, St Lawrence Co, New York.
F, b. April 4, 1841, d. January 11, 1920
- Birth: Julie Parent was born on April 4, 1841 in Canada.
- Marriage: She and Francis Kirkey were married on September 24, 1861 in Massena, St Lawrence Co, New York.
- Death: Julie Parent died on January 11, 1920, at age 78, in Duluth, St Louis Co, Minnesota.