Charles Felix Frederick deLaureal
M, b. March 11, 1897, d. June 12, 1899
- Birth: Charles Felix Frederick deLaureal was born on March 11, 1897.
- Death: He died on June 12, 1899, at age 2.
George Ducrest deLaureal
M, b. September 14, 1897, d. December 19, 1968
- Birth: George Ducrest deLaureal was born on September 14, 1897.
- Death: He died on December 19, 1968, at age 71.
Francis Roguet deLaureal
M, b. February 27, 1905, d. July 7, 1918
- Birth: Francis Roguet deLaureal was born on February 27, 1905 in Louisiana.
- Death: He died on July 7, 1918, at age 13, in Louisiana.
Carmen Marie Madeline deLaureal
F, b. November 23, 1900, d. September 25, 1975
- Birth: Carmen Marie Madeline deLaureal was born on November 23, 1900 in St Martinville, St Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: She died on September 25, 1975, at age 74, in Port Arthur, Jefferson Co, Texas.
Marie Celeste deLaureal
F, b. September 2, 1907, d. September 18, 1999
- Birth: Marie Celeste deLaureal was born on September 2, 1907 in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: She died on September 18, 1999, at age 92, in Opelousas, St Landry Parish, Louisiana.
Marie Theresa deLaureal
F, b. January 1918, d. September 24, 1995
- Birth: Marie Theresa deLaureal was born in January 1918.
- Death: She died on September 24, 1995, at age 77, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
Boni James deLaureal
M, b. September 25, 1903, d. November 29, 1974
- Birth: Boni James deLaureal was born on September 25, 1903 in Louisiana.
- Death: He died on November 29, 1974, at age 71, in Mississippi.
Margaret Louise deLaureal
F, b. August 29, 1909, d. December 26, 1998
- Birth: Margaret Louise deLaureal was born on August 29, 1909 in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: She died on December 26, 1998, at age 89, in Natchitoches, Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana.
Thomas Hugh deLaureal
M, b. March 15, 1911, d. May 5, 2006
- Birth: Thomas Hugh deLaureal was born on March 15, 1911 in Broussard, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: He died on May 5, 2006, at age 95, in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana.
William David deLaureal
M, b. January 8, 1914, d. March 28, 1996
- Birth: William David deLaureal was born on January 8, 1914 in Broussard, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: He died on March 28, 1996, at age 82, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
Louis Paul deLaureal
M, b. July 31, 1915, d. February 24, 1992
- Birth: Louis Paul deLaureal was born on July 31, 1915 in Broussard, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: He died on February 24, 1992, at age 76, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
Henry Howard deLaureal
M, b. July 31, 1915, d. March 1979
Family: May Percy (b. September 7, 1914, d. May 19, 2005)
- Birth: Henry Howard deLaureal was born on July 31, 1915 in Louisiana.
- Death: He died in March 1979, at age 63.
Robert Todd deLaureal
M, b. May 7, 1902, d. October 18, 1999
- Birth: Robert Todd deLaureal was born on May 7, 1902 in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: He died on October 18, 1999, at age 97, in Nederland, Jefferson Co, Texas.
F, b. December 17, 1901, d. January 8, 1994
- Birth: Aline Sullivan was born on December 17, 1901.
- Death: She died on January 8, 1994, at age 92, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
George H Gardiner
M, b. June 26, 1895, d. May 18, 1971
- Birth: George H Gardiner was born on June 26, 1895.
- Death: He died on May 18, 1971, at age 75, in Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana.
Edward Millard Boagni
M, b. April 10, 1905, d. April 9, 1975
- Birth: Edward Millard Boagni was born on April 10, 1905 in Louisiana.
- Death: He died on April 9, 1975, at age 69, in Opelousas, St Landry Parish, Louisiana.
F, b. March 21, 1910, d. July 1979
- Birth: Dorothy Ledbetter was born on March 21, 1910.
- Death: She died in July 1979, at age 69, in Mississippi.
M, b. November 26, 1914, d. July 7, 1994
- Birth: Warren Taylor was born on November 26, 1914 in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Death: He died on July 7, 1994, at age 79, in Virginia.
Laurite Kate Evans
F, b. April 23, 1914, d. September 24, 2002
- Birth: Laurite Kate Evans was born on April 23, 1914 in Texas.
- Death: She died on September 24, 2002, at age 88, in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana.
Eva Wilkinson Allen
F, b. August 30, 1917, d. October 7, 2011
- Birth: Eva Wilkinson Allen was born on August 30, 1917.
- Death: She died on October 7, 2011, at age 94, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
- Note: DE LAUREAL Eva Wilkinson Allen de Laureal died Friday, October 7, 2011. She was the wife of the late Mr. William David de Laureal Sr. Her parents were the late Mr. and Mrs. Henry Martin Allen and sister of the late Mrs. Edwin Bennett Ogden, Jr. of Havana, Cuba and later Natchez, Mississippi. Mrs. de Laureal was a lifelong resident of New Orleans, a busy homemaker and active volunteer in many of the city's civic and cultural organizations. She graduated from Louise S. McGehee School, attended Newcomb College Art School and the former Arts and Crafts School on Royal Street. There she studied from world famous artists; sculpture with Enrique Alferez, painting with Paul Ninas and Boyd Cruise. Before her marriage she was a columnist with the former New Orleans Item Newspaper covering women's activities, fashion, plus daily social events. She wrote a daily by-line column - "Chat". When World War II called Captain de Laureal to active duty overseas in the Corps of Engineers in the Persian Gulf Command, Mrs. de Laureal worked at the Army Port of Embarkation Headquarters at Poland Ave. and the Mississippi River. There she compiled charts and graphs of war material stored on our docks for the Air Force. Captain de Laureal returned after 3 years in Persia, now Iran, and the de Laureal's returned to family life. She became an active member of the New Orleans Spring Fiesta Association. For many years she opened her State Street home and gardens for their Uptown Tours of Homes. The tourists loved the hoop-skirt attire she and her daughters wore for the occasion. She was the woman's chairman of the New Orleans Symphony. She was a French Quarter Tour Guide for the Friends of the Cabildo, a docent for the Herman Grima/Gallier Historic Houses and the Louisiana Landmark Society's Pitot House. Mrs. de Laureal was a member of the Touro Hospital Auxiliary, W.Y. E. S., the New Orleans Garden Club and the Preservation Research Center. She was a Life Member of LePetit Salon, and The Orleans Club as well as an Associate member of the Ruth McEmery Stuart Clan. Mrs. de Laureal was an Emeritus Board member of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Louisiana. For her many years of Patriotic Service, her name was inscribed on the National Roll of Honor at Dumbarton House in Washington, D. C. Mrs. de Laureal is survived by her two daughters, Carolyn de Laureal Harrington and husband Eric, of Natchitoches, LA; Eva de Laureal Jeans and husband Henry, of Houston, TX; a son, Martin Rene de Laureal Sr. and wife Evelyn, of New Orleans; and her daughter-in-law, Joan Haberman de Laureal, wife of her eldest son, William David de Laureal Jr. of Covington, LA, who died in 2000. He served in Viet Nam in the Tank Corps receiving 2 bronze stars and later served as Aide de Camp to 2 Generals. She is also survived by her 7 beloved grandsons; Andrew West Harrington of New Orleans, Martin Rene de Laureal, Jr. of New Orleans, Henry David de Laureal of New York City, Jonathan Bush de Laureal of New York City, Clayton Alexander Jeans of Houston, Christopher Ryan Jeans of Houston, Brian Curtis Jeans of Houston, 3 granddaughters; Alexia Marie de Laureal Smith Moore of San Anselmo, CA, Charlotte Ashley Harrington Page of Hailey, ID and Camille de Laureal Harrington Quintana of New Orleans and seven beautiful great grandchildren: twins Eva and Andy Moore of California; Austin de Laureal Page and Naomi Catherine Page of Hailey, Idaho; Martin Rene de Laureal III, and Ashton Viar de Laureal of New Orleans; Austin Clayton Jeans of Houston; plus a great niece Eva Ferrell of Dawson, GA and many loving nieces, cousins and close family members. Although not a cancer victim herself, many of her family suffered from cancer, thus her wishes are that in lieu of flower gifts, that donations be made to the American Cancer Society . Relatives and friends of the family are invited to attend the Funeral Mass at Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home, 5100 Pontchartrain Boulevard, on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:00 AM. Visitation will be begin at 9:00 AM. Interment in Metairie Cemetery. To sign and view the Family Guestbook, please visit www.lakelawnmetairie.com.
Published in The Times-Picayune from October 9 to October 11, 2011.
F, b. October 22, 1921, d. May 11, 1998
- Birth: Alice Hughes was born on October 22, 1921 in Boston, Suffolk Co, Massachusetts.
- Death: She died on May 11, 1998, at age 76, in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
F, b. September 7, 1914, d. May 19, 2005
- Birth: May Percy was born on September 7, 1914.
- Death: She died on May 19, 2005, at age 90.
Leah Helen Halloran
F, b. August 26, 1905, d. February 15, 1993
- Birth: Leah Helen Halloran was born on August 26, 1905 in Illinois.
- Death: She died on February 15, 1993, at age 87, in Texas.
Daniel William Voorhies
M, b. March 28, 1867, d. February 20, 1949
Family: Marie Lucie Ducrest (b. May 25, 1876, d. June 10, 1949)
- Donald Laurent Voorhies (b. September 12, 1893, d. March 12, 1956)
- Pauline Voorhies (b. February 26, 1897, d. September 28, 1986)
- Aimee Voorhies (b. June 17, 1902, d. November 4, 1989)
- Claudia (Sister M Cecilia) Voorhies (b. January 11, 1905, d. August 14, 1995)
- Frances (Sister M Clare) Voorhies (b. April 11, 1907, d. February 12, 1998)
- Edward T Voorhies (b. November 22, 1913, d. February 13, 1992)
- Ethel (Sister M Lucie) Voorhies (b. December 12, 1916, d. July 26, 2002)
- Rita (Sister M Danila) Voorhies (b. March 29, 1919, d. January 1, 1998)
- Birth: Daniel William Voorhies was born on March 28, 1867 in Parks, St Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- Marriage: He and Marie Lucie Ducrest were married on December 20, 1892 in St Martinville, St Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- Death: Daniel William Voorhies died on February 20, 1949, at age 81, in St Martinville, St Martin Parish, Louisiana.