M, b. September 22, 1954, d. March 2, 2005
- Birth: Philip Rapin was born on September 22, 1954.
- Death: He died on March 2, 2005, at age 50, in Saginaw, Saginaw Co, Michigan.
Robert Louis Doerr
M, b. November 29, 1925, d. December 15, 2003
- Birth: Robert Louis Doerr was born on November 29, 1925 in Saginaw, Saginaw Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Alice Rose Rapin were married on October 12, 1957.
- Death: Robert Louis Doerr died on December 15, 2003, at age 78, in Saginaw, Saginaw Co, Michigan.
- Note: Doerr, Robert L., Saginaw, Michigan. Beloved husband of the late Alice, father (Pa) and best friend to his children, grandfather, great-grandfather, brother and uncle passed away suddenly Monday, December 15, 2003. Age 78 years. Robert Louis Doerr was born November 29, 1925 in Saginaw, the son of the late Henry and Amelia (Boensch) Doerr. He graduated from Saginaw High School in 1943. He served with the the U.S. Army during World War II. He married Alice Rapin on October 12, 1957; she predeceased him March 12, 1995. He had been employed by the U.S. Postal Service as a letter carrier for 38 years. After his retirement he worked at the Garden Shop in Bridgeport and was currently employed by Hank's Flowerland and W.L. Case & Company Funeral Directors. He was a member of St. Josaphat Catholic Church and served as an usher. Bob loved gardening and sharing its bounty with neighbors and friends. He enjoyed raising numerous birds and small animals. He especially cherished spending time with his family and friends. Surviving are six children, their spouses and his grandchildren, Mary (McCuaig) and Michael Hoffpauir, Alvin, Texas and her children, Courtney and Jamie McCuaig and her four step-children, Trina, Lance, Derek and Brandon; Bernadette and Larry Bernthal, Frankenmuth and their children, Erin, David and Katherine; Katie and Neil Hammerbacher, Saginaw and their children, Eric, Emily and Maggie; Robert A. and Brenda Doerr, St. Charles and their children, Alicia and Jonathan Doerr and Beau Hoffman; Judy and Scott Manapace, Reese and their children, Samantha, Hannah and Travis; and CPT. Patricia Doerr, West Point, New York; and one special great-granddaughter, Sierra McCuaig. He also leaves one sister, Agnes Benkert, Saginaw, one brother and his wife, Henry and Frances Doerr, Flushing; one sister-in-law, Mrs. Carl (Mary) Doerr, Clio; many brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law in the Rapin family; many nieces, nephews and their families. Besides his wife and parents he was predeceased by a son-in-law, Michael McCuaig, two brothers, Carl and Herbert and his wife Beatrice Doerr and a brother- in-law, Michael Benkert. Funeral Mass will take place 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 19, 2003 at St. Josaphat Catholic Church, 469 Shattuck Road. Rev. Fr. Ronald Dombrowski will officiate with burial in Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Friends may call at the W.L. Case & Company Funeral Chapel, 4480 Mackinaw Road from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday and then on Thursday from 2:00 to 9:00 p.m. where they may meet at 8:00 p.m. Thursday for a parish vigil service. Friends and family may then call at the church from 9:00 a.m. Friday until the time of funeral Mass. Those planning an expression of sympathy may wish to consider Bob's favorite charities, VNA/Hospice: Partners in Caring or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or a charity of their choice.
F, b. March 26, 1902, d. December 18, 1986
- Birth: Florence Schoepke was born on March 26, 1902 in Saginaw, Saginaw Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died on December 18, 1986, at age 84, in Saginaw, Saginaw Co, Michigan.
Edward J Rapin
M, b. July 16, 1927, d. February 11, 2011
- Birth: Edward J Rapin was born on July 16, 1927.
- Death: He died on February 11, 2011, at age 83.
- Note: RAPIN, Mr. Edward J. of Freeland, Michigan. Beloved father, grandfather and brother passed away Friday, February 11, 2011 at his home. He married Dorothy Pavelich who predeceased him May 26, 2009. Surviving are one son and one daughter, John Rapin and his wife Kelly; Ann Rapin; one granddaughter, Amanda Beck; one sister, Dorothy Easlick; Mary Schoepke, who was like a sister; several nieces and nephews including Sean Easlick and Jacklyn Easlick. Funeral Liturgy will take place 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at St. Stephen Catholic Church. Rev. Fr. William R. Taylor will officiate with interment in St. Andrew Cemetery. Friends may call at The Snow Funeral Home, 3775 N. Center Rd., (between Shattuck and McCarty), where the family will be present on Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and at St. Stephen Catholic Church on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. until time of Mass. A Vigil Service, led by Audrey Wilson, Pastoral Associate, will take place 6:00 p.m. Monday at the funeral ho!
me. Those planning an expression of sympathy may wish to consider memorials to St. Stephen Catholic Church or Hospice of Michigan. www.snowfuneralhome.net
Published in Saginaw News on MLive.com from February 12 to February 13, 2011.
Dorothy F Pavelich
F, b. April 1, 1930, d. May 26, 2009
- Birth: Dorothy F Pavelich was born on April 1, 1930.
- Death: She died on May 26, 2009, at age 79.
- Note: Rapin, Mrs. Dorothy F. Freeland, Michigan Beloved wife of Edward J. Rapin passed away Tuesday, May 26, 2009. Surviving besides her husband Edward are one son and one daughter, John Rapin and his wife Kelly; Ann Rapin; one granddaughter, Amanda Beck; a brother, William Pavelich; a sister-in-law, Dorothy Easlick; Mary Schoepke who was like a sister; several nieces and nephews. Dorothy was preceded in death by one sister, Loretta Pavelich. Funeral Liturgy will take place 10:00 a.m. Saturday, May 30, 2009 at St. Stephen Catholic Church. Rev. Fr. James G. Heller will officiate. Interment will follow in St. Andrew Cemetery. Friends may call at The Snow Funeral Home, 3775 N. Center Rd., (between Shattuck and McCarty), where the family will be present on Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and at St. Stephen Catholic Church on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until time of Mass. A Vigil Service, led by Audrey Wilson, Pastoral Associate, will take place 6:00 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Th!
ose planning an expression of sympathy may wish to consider memorials to St. Stephen Catholic Church. www.snowfuneralhome.net
Published in Saginaw News on MLive.com on 5/28/2009.
F, b. circa 1896
- Birth: Clara Hegbee was born circa 1896.
Grace Jean Rapin