M, b. 1909, d. 1955
- Birth: Harold Giles was born in 1909.
- Death: He died in 1955, at age ~46.
Carl Irwin Charlebois
M, b. April 30, 1952, d. August 12, 2003
- Birth: Carl Irwin Charlebois was born on April 30, 1952 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Death: He died on August 12, 2003, at age 51.
M, b. circa 1880
- Birth: Augustin Laplante was born circa 1880.
- Marriage: He and Cecile Charlebois were married on July 21, 1917 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
F, b. circa 1897, d. August 20, 1925
- Birth: Noreen Giblin was born circa 1897.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Louis Charlebois were married on August 20, 1917 in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada.
- Death: Noreen Giblin died on August 20, 1925 in Carleton, Ontario, Canada.
Cecil Patrick Charlebois
M, b. circa 1919, d. April 25, 1996
- Birth: Cecil Patrick Charlebois was born circa 1919.
- Death: He died on April 25, 1996 in Montreal, Québec, Canada.
M, b. circa 1921, d. September 20, 1998
- Birth: Gerald Charlebois was born circa 1921.
- Death: He died on September 20, 1998 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Note: OBITUARY
Sunday, September 20, 1998, Gerry Charlebois aged 77 years. Beloved husband of Joan Brandenbourg. Loving father of Kathleen (Michael Moore) and Michael (Alanda) of Arturette, N.B. Loving Papa of Jason, Christopher, Scott, Michael, Ryan and Blake. Survived by his brother Philip (Helen) of Syracuse, N.Y., sister-in-law Gladys Cools of Brussels, Belgium and his many nieces and nephews. Predeceased by his daughter Joanne (Bob Cushing) and
his brothers Cecil, Brendan, Vincent and Joseph Charlebois. Cremation. Friends may pay respects at the Kelly Funeral Home, 1255 Walkley Rd. (east of Bank) from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday. A Mass in Memory of Gerry Charlebois will be held Friday at Resurrection of Our Lord Church at 11 a.m. Interment Hope Cemetery.
Published September 23 & 24, 1998 in The Ottawa Citizen, ON, Canada.
Philip J Charlebois
M, b. April 12, 1917, d. January 19, 2005
- Birth: Philip J Charlebois was born on April 12, 1917 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Marriage: He and Helen A Phelan were married on May 23, 1942 in Syracuse, Onondaga Co, New York.
- Death: Philip J Charlebois died on January 19, 2005, at age 87, in Syracuse, Onondaga Co, New York.
- Note: ANNIVERSARY ANNOUNCEMENT
MR. AND MRS. CHARLEBOIS
Published May 24, 1992 in the Syracuse Herald American, NY, USA
Philip J. and Helen (Phelan) Charlebois of Syracuse celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Saturday at a Mass of Thanksgiving, during which they renewed their marriage vows.
The Rev. John V. Ahern, pastor of Most Holy Rosary Church, and their nephew, Rev. John E. Phelan, pastor of St. Patrick's Church, Forestport, were co-celebrants.
The mass was held in St. Joseph's Chapel of Most Holy Rosary Church; the same chapel they were marred in on May 23, 1942. The late Rt. Rev. Msgr. Howard C. McDowell, then pastor of Most Holy Rosary parish, heard their vows. Best man was Phil's uncle, the late Michael J. Giblin, and matron of honor was Helen's sister, Mary Phelan Donohue, who again acted as witness for the renewal of vows.
After mass, Phil and Helen received family and friends at a reception, hosted by their family, at the Crown, Armory Square. Guests included Phil's brother and sister-in-law, Gerald M. and Joan Charlebois of Ottawa, Canada; Phil's brother, Cecil P. Charlebois of Montreal, Canada; and their brother-in-law, Everett E. Katz of Minoa.
The Charlebois family includes daughter, Sister Helen Ann Charlebois, IHM of Syracuse; daughters and sons-in-law, Mary and James M. Gonnella of Baldwinsville, Noreen and David A. McIntyre of Rochester; son and daughter-in-law, Philip J. Jr. and Patty Charlebois of Syracuse; sons, Brendan James Charlebois of Syracuse, Edward A. Charlebois of Hartford, Conn.; grandchildren, Joshua M. Gonnella, James M. Gonnella Jr., Sarah E. Gonnella, Jessica L. Gonnella, Sean M. McIntyre, Christine M. McIntyre, Kevin D. McIntyre, Katherine A. McIntyre, Timothy P. McIntyre, Patrick J. Charlebois, and Nathan P. Charlebois.
Phil, a native of Montreal, Canada, and Helen, a native Syracusan, are graduates of Most Holy Rosary School.
Phil, a veteran of World War II, was for many years associated with the Westinghouse Electric Corp. He retired from the Office of Community Development, City of Syracuse, and Normoyle Real Estate.
Helen, a graduate of the Powelson Business Institute, retired from St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center.
The couple are active members of Most Holy Rosary Parish. They are also members of the Oxford Street Inn Sandwich Project, the Pitch and Bridge leagues and volunteer at Most Holy Rosary School.
They enjoy gardening, spending the summers near Cape Cod, Mass., and following their grandchildren's sports activities.
Published May 24, 1992 in the Syracuse Herald American, NY, USA
Philip J. Charlebois
January 19, 2005 Philip J. Charlebois, 87, died on January 19, 2005. He was a longtime resident of Syracuse. Philip was born in Ottawa, Canada to Joseph L. and Noreen Giblin Charlebois. He was raised by his Uncle and Aunt, Michael and Mary Giblin after hisparents' death in 1925. He was a graduate of Most Holy Rosary School in 1936. Philip and Helen Phelan Charlebois were married for 58 years before her death in 2001. He served in the US Army during WWII and rose to the rank of Lieutenant. For many years he was associated with Westinghouse Corporation, serving as district manager in Syracuse, Binghamton and Rochester. He retired from the City of Syracuse code enforcement division in 1982. He was later associated with Normoyle Real Estate as Broker and Sales Trainer. He was an active member of Most Holy Rosary Parish. He was an original member of the Oxford Street Sandwich Project, Senior Citizens and volunteered at Most Holy Rosary School. He was predeceased by his sister, Maureen Giblin Klementoski; brothers, Michael Giblin and Joseph, Gerald, Cicil, Brendan and Vincent Charlebois. Surviving are three daughters, Sister Helen Ann (Theresa) Charlebois, IHM, of Syracuse, Mary C. (James) Gonnella of Baldwinsville, Noreen (David) McIntyre of Rochester; three sons, Philip J. (Patricia) Charlebois, Jr. and Brendan James Charlebois of Syracuse and Edward A. (Julie) Charlebois of Tolland, CT; 13 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two brothers, Tim (Margie) Giblin of Baldwinsville and Philip Giblin of Central Square. A sister-in-law, Joan Charlebois of Ottawa; several nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews and cousins. Services will be 9:15 a.m. Monday at Whelan Bros. Funeral Home, 3700 W. Genesee St. and 10 a.m. at Most Holy Rosary Church, Roberts Ave. Burial will be in St. Agnes Cemetery. Contributions can be made to the Philip and Helen Phelan Charlebois Scholarship Fund at Most Holy Rosary School, 1034 Bellevue Ave., Syracuse, NY 13207. Whelan Bros. Funeral Home
Published January 22, 2005 in the Syracuse Post Standard, NY
January 19, 2005 Philip Charlebois, of Syracuse, died Wednesday. Services: 9:15 a.m. Monday at Whelan Bros. Funeral Home, 3700 W. Genesee St., and 10 a.m. at Most Holy Rosary Church, Roberts Ave. Burial: St. Agnes Cemetery. Friends may call today from 2 to 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Whelan Bros. Funeral Home
Published January 23, 2005 in the Syracuse Post Standard, NY.
Kenneth L Fields
M, b. April 21, 1940, d. December 8, 2014
- Birth: Kenneth L Fields was born on April 21, 1940.
- Marriage: He was married on April 23, 1960.
- Death: He died on December 8, 2014, at age 74.
- Note: Kenneth L. Fields, age 74, New London, went to his maker on December 8, 2014, after a brief illness. Kenny came in to this life on April 21, 1940, the son of the late Roy and Carol (Nelson) Fields. The good Lord gave Ken a lot of challenges in his life and he tackled each one with amazing strength. He grew up in the town of Maine near Shiocton and graduated from Clintonville High School. After graduation he worked in New London at the Plywood, Neenah Foundry, Appleton Coated Serv-Us-Bakery and retired after thirty years with U.P.S. On April 23, 1960, he married Judy Barrington, the mother of his three children. He met his soul mate, Judy Schmidt in 1983. They finally married in February of 2012. He didn't want to rush into anything. Ken thoroughly enjoyed his many fishing trips to Montana with friends and family. His first trip was in 1966 and his final trip in 2013 with Troy and Leah. Ken made many friends over the years and was known for his generosity, his love of hunting, fishing and his sense of humor especially all the jokes he told.
He is survived by his wife, Judy, Weyauwega, three children: sons, Shane (Mary) Fields, New Berlin, Troy (Leanne) Fields, New London; daughter Leah(Scott Looker), Waupaca; seven grandchildren: Garrett (fiancée Ari); Morgan and Gavin Fields; Allison and Madeline Fields; Brady and McKenna Looker; stepchildren: Lisa Schmidt, Rick (Kathy) Schmidt and Renee (Dan Gracyalny) Vander Wielen; step-grandchildren: Devin, Shae, Robyn and great-grandchildren, Kassidy and Hunter Vander Wielen and Jackson Hawley. He is further survived by his brother Carlton Fields, Shiocton; his former wife and friend Judy (Jim) McDaniel, New London, nieces, nephews, and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, infant son, Kenneth Fields Jr., and his buddy Roger Conradt who passed away December 7, 2014, one day before him and they are reminiscing about their many trips to Montana.
Funeral services for Ken will be held on Saturday, December 13, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. at Cline & Hanson Funeral Home, New London with Rev. Michael Isbill officiating. Visitation will be held at the funeral home on Friday, December 12th, from 4-7 p.m. and on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service.
The family would like to express their thanks to Rennes Health and Rehab Center and St. Elizabeth doctors and nursing staff and also a special thank you to Bob Mansfield for his friendship through the years and support to Ken and his family until his final day.
In lieu of flowers a memorial is being established.
Helen A Phelan
F, b. June 5, 1919, d. January 22, 2001
- Birth: Helen A Phelan was born on June 5, 1919 in Syracuse, Onondaga Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Philip J Charlebois were married on May 23, 1942 in Syracuse, Onondaga Co, New York.
- Death: Helen A Phelan died on January 22, 2001, at age 81, in Syracuse, Onondaga Co, New York.
- Note: OBITUARY
Helen P. Charlebois, 81, of Carlton Road, Syracuse, died Monday at University Hospital. A native of Syracuse, she was a graduate of Most Holy Rosary School and Powelson Business Institute. She retired in 1981 as a ward secretary at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center. She was a communicant of Most Holy Rosary Church, where she was a member of the senior club and the Altar and Rosary Society. She was a volunteer at Most Holy Rosary School and a member of Oxford Street Inn Sandwich Project. Survivors: Her husband of 58 years, Philip J.; three daughters, Sister Helen Ann (Theresa) of Syracuse, Mary C. Gonnella of Baldwinsville and Noreen C. McIntyre of Rochester; three sons, Philip J. Jr. and Brendan J., both of Syracuse, and Edward A. of Tolland, Conn.; 13 grandchildren. Services: 10:15 a.m. Friday at Whelan Bros. Funeral Home and 11 a.m. in Most Holy Rosary Church. Burial, St. Agnes Cemetery, Syracuse. Calling hours, 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, 3700 W. Genesee St., Fairmount. Contributions: Most Holy Rosary School, 1031 Bellevue Ave., Syracuse 13207.
Published January 24, 2001 in The Post-Standard, Syracuse, NY.
F, b. circa 1885
Family: Henry Charlebois (b. January 9, 1885, d. June 25, 1970)
- Andre Charlebois (b. circa 1908, d. March 28, 1985)
- Lina Charlebois (b. 1909, d. June 20, 2003)
- Joseph Omer Charlebois (b. December 1910, d. May 5, 1992)
- Jeanne Charlebois (b. September 15, 1914, d. February 19, 1997)
- Marguerite Charlebois (b. June 14, 1918)
- Roger Charlebois (b. August 16, 1920, d. November 19, 1993)
- Rose Lucille Charlebois (b. March 12, 1922, d. April 6, 2006)
- Therese Delia Charlebois (b. May 8, 1925, d. June 27, 1926)
- Baby Charlebois (b. January 16, 1928, d. January 16, 1928)
- Birth: Laura Goyette was born circa 1885.
- Marriage: She and Henry Charlebois were married on June 11, 1907 in Carlsbad Springs, Ontario, Canada.
M, b. circa 1908, d. March 28, 1985
- Birth: Andre Charlebois was born circa 1908.
- Marriage: He and Marie Berthe Birtz were married on June 20, 1931 in Montreal, Québec, Canada.
- Death: Andre Charlebois died on March 28, 1985 in Montreal, Québec, Canada.
Joseph Omer Charlebois
M, b. December 1910, d. May 5, 1992
- Birth: Joseph Omer Charlebois was born in December 1910.
- Death: He died on May 5, 1992, at age 81, in Laval, Quebec, Canada.