Roy Davis Fentress
M, b. August 28, 1883, d. November 25, 1962
- Birth: Roy Davis Fentress was born on August 28, 1883 in Springfield, Sangamon Co, Illinois.
- Death: He died on November 25, 1962, at age 79, in Minnesota.
Felicitas Virginia Knothe
F, b. May 17, 1897, d. February 26, 1970
- Birth: Felicitas Virginia Knothe was born on May 17, 1897 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Albert Leisgang were married on April 18, 1936 in Bettendorf, Scott Co, Iowa.
- Death: Felicitas Virginia Knothe died on February 26, 1970, at age 72, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 12, 1894, d. July 19, 1918
- Birth: George Leisgang was born on May 12, 1894 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 19, 1918, at age 24, in WWI.
F, b. March 16, 1896, d. April 30, 1965
- Birth: Irma Leisgang was born on March 16, 1896 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 30, 1965, at age 69, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. March 14, 1898, d. June 28, 1959
- Birth: Frank Leisgang was born on March 14, 1898 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 28, 1959, at age 61, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
Dorothy C Leisgang
F, b. April 27, 1908, d. December 9, 1987
- Birth: Dorothy C Leisgang was born on April 27, 1908 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 9, 1987, at age 79, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
Eileen Martha Leisgang
F, b. August 18, 1912, d. June 13, 1999
- Birth: Eileen Martha Leisgang was born on August 18, 1912 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Darrel C Ferris were married on October 19, 1929 in Brownsville, Houston Co, Minnesota.
- Death: Eileen Martha Leisgang died on June 13, 1999, at age 86, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. October 13, 1917, d. July 7, 1996
- Birth: Emily Leisgang was born on October 13, 1917.
- Death: She died on July 7, 1996, at age 78.
- Note: One source says she died 07-07-1976.
M, b. circa 1896
- Birth: William Perviskey was born circa 1896.
- Note: Name could be Pervisky.
M, b. 1916, d. 1983
- Birth: William Perviskey was born in 1916.
- Death: He died in 1983, at age ~67.
F, b. December 21, 1903, d. March 24, 1991
Family 1: Frank Balmer (b. October 17, 1910, d. July 23, 1988)
- Birth: Gertrude Przywojski was born on December 21, 1903 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Frank Balmer were married.
- Death: Gertrude Przywojski died on March 24, 1991, at age 87.
M, b. June 17, 1923, d. September 20, 2017
- Birth: Robert Leisgang was born on June 17, 1923 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Phyllis Olene Olson were married on September 27, 1946.
- Death: Robert Leisgang died on September 20, 2017, at age 94.
- Note: Robert "Bob" Leisgang, 94, died peacefully on Wednesday, September 20th, 2017 at Hillview Health Care Center with his family by his side. He was born on June 17th, 1923 in La Crosse, WI to Frank and Gertrude (Przywojski) Leisgang. Bob attended Holy Cross School for his elementary years and graduated from Aquinas High School in 1941. After graduation, he enlisted in the US Army and served in the European Theater with Company G, 3rd Infantry, Bob was a decorated World War Il veteran. He was given an honor for his wounds, the Purple Heart, after he sustained serious injuries from artillery fire in France. Upon returning from the war, he met his future bride, Phyllis Olson. They were married at Holy Cross Catholic Rectory on September 27th, 194T She would be the love of his life for the next 64 years. Together, they raised three children who continued to be devoted to him throughout his life
Bob was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Throughout his life, he enjoyed wood-working and building bird houses. But most of all, he loved giving his bird houses away. His face would light up when he would hear all of the stories about the birds that would visit and live in his custom-made homes.
He was also a meticulous painter and took pride in his finished projects. He was dedicated and hard-working. There wasn't a job that he couldn't tackle His home overlooked the beautiful Mississippi River Valley so he was fortunate to fish often, a hobby he enjoyed very much. Watching the eagles sore high in the sky was a favorite past time of his. Throughout his life, Bob was employed by Northern Engraving and Allis Chalmers from which he later retired.
One of the highlights of his life was his trip to Washington D.C. with his daughter. He took the very first Freedom Honors Flight in 2008, to visit the WWII Memorials. He was even given the great honor of carrying the American Flag during a ceremony at the memorial; an experience that he talked about often. He loved his country and his service and flew his American Flag proudly at his home. Bob's Catholic faith remained strong throughout his life. He never missed weekly mass and could always be found in the third pew of the church, He prayed every night for his family, individually naming each person, their spouses and their children.
Left to remember his love and honor his memory are Bob's three children, Barbara (Michael) Stanek, Robert C Leisgang, and Gregory (Sherri) Leisgang, all of La Crosse; six grandchildren, Melissa (Stephen) Copps, Krista (Cory) Wilson, Dana Leisgang, Gina (Bradley) Hanzel, Lindsey (Nicholas) Hammes, and Joshua Leisgang; ten great-grandchildren, Elizabeth and Katherine Copps, Tessa, Makenna and Brielle Wilson, William and Henry Hanzel, Olivia. Ava, and Emma Hammes, a very special nephew Jef (Nancy) Leisgang and Chance and Gemma; several nieces and nephews; a former daughter-in-law Peggy Severson and sister-in-law Shirley (Bud) Rogge.
He is remembered by longtime friends, Maynard Phillips and Sister Kathy Stugges. The family would like to extend a special thank you to Kathryne Humbel, who provided Bob with care and friendship during the difficult last year of his life. You will all be forever in our gratitude. Bob was preceded in death by his wife, Phyllis and brother, Donald F. Leisgang,
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM at Mary, Mother of the Church Parish, 2006 Weston Street in La Crosse with Father Brian D. Konopa officiating. Visitation will be held from 9:00 AM until the time of service. Entombment will be at Garden of Peace Mausoleum, Mormon Coulee Memorial Park. Military Honors will be accorded by the La Crosse American Legion Post 52.
The family would also like to thank all the staff from Benedictine Villa, Benedictine Manor and Hillview Health Center for the remarkable care you gave to our father. You are a unique and dedicated group of people who provided him with not only excellent care, but a special type of compassion his last days on earth.
Proudly remembered and deeply missed, we know you are soaring high with the eagles with Grandma by your side.
The family requests that memorials be made to the Freedom Honors Flight in La Crosse, or any of the above health care facilities.
Donald Frank Leisgang
M, b. March 25, 1925, d. October 9, 1987
- Birth: Donald Frank Leisgang was born on March 25, 1925.
- Death: He died on October 9, 1987, at age 62, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
Edward Thomas Dotterwick
M, b. March 24, 1902, d. April 9, 1943
- Birth: Edward Thomas Dotterwick was born on March 24, 1902 in Winona, Winona Co, Minnesota.
- Death: He died on April 9, 1943, at age 41, in California.
Edward William Dotterwick
M, b. October 5, 1928, d. March 11, 1999
- Birth: Edward William Dotterwick was born on October 5, 1928 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 11, 1999, at age 70, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
James Thomas Dotterwick
M, b. February 4, 1930, d. January 1, 1986
- Birth: James Thomas Dotterwick was born on February 4, 1930 in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 1, 1986, at age 55, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.