- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Doris F Lubinski
F, b. January 23, 1919, d. May 4, 2014
- Birth: Doris F Lubinski was born on January 23, 1919 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Norbert Michael Kroner were married on May 1, 1940 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Doris F Lubinski died on May 4, 2014, at age 95.
- Note: John M. Van Nuland, age 73, ended his battle with cancer peacefully with his family and loved ones surrounding on the morning of Monday, May 05, 2014. He was born August 15, 1940 in Kimberly, Wisconsin, the son of Jacob and Rosalie (Richards) Van Nuland. John worked 37 years at Holy Name Parish as the Maintenance Supervisor and a darn good one.
He was a man with many talents he knew how to fix and build basically anything. John spent many hours helping others with building projects and countless hours in his basement woodworking. He enjoyed watching TV, having drinks on his deck with family, friends and his best furry friend Charlie. John enjoyed many summers up north on the water and sitting around the campfire. During the winter it was all about family snowmobiling. Traveling was a very big part of John's life and he felt there was nothing better than sitting by the pool or the beach having a drink and people watching. Can't forget where you would find John on Friday night at 4:00 P.M. front row parking spot in front of Heiting, with his barstool waiting, enjoying a Friday night fish fry with his friends.
He is survived by his girlfriend: Nancy Wood; daughter Kim (Randy) Anderson; son: Roger (Theresa) Van Nuland; daughter: Lisa (Edward) Porter; grandchildren: Keri (Chris) Bauer, Dannielle (Ryan) Hietpas, Cody Van Vonderen, Dylan Van Vonderen (Alyssa Janssen), Ali Van Vonderen (Zach Vanevenhoven), Alex Anderson, Sara (Eric) Fenwick, Jennifer (Thomas) Conley, Nicole Winter (Shane Swille), Tyler Van Nuland, Liz Winter, Josh Ulrichsen, Jake Porter; great grandchildren: Mason, Alicia, Alec, Erica, Levi, Raelle, Macy. He is further survived by his sisters: Carol Wallace, Rosie (Jim) Lamers; sisters-in-law: Donna Van Nuland, Marilyn (Joe) Vander Weilen, Pam (Gary) Brantley, Sherry Van Lankveldt; and brothers-in-law: Ron (Jolayne) Van Lankveldt.He will also be missed by many aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife Judy; son: Dan; father and mother Jacob and Rosalie Van Nuland; father and mother- in- law Henry and Alice Van Lankveldt; brother: Phil Van Nuland; sister Barb Trudell; and brothers-in-law: Gene Van Lankveldt and Al Trudell.
The Memorial Mass for John will be held at 12:00 Noon on Wednesday, May 7, 2014, at HOLY SPIRIT PARISH -KIMBERLY CAMPUS, 600 East Kimberly Ave, Kimberly, with Father Bob Kollath officiating. A time of visitation will be held from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
We would like to thank Dawn and the hospice team for helping us care for John at home.
F, b. April 3, 1927, d. May 6, 2014
- Birth: Violet Zuleger was born on April 3, 1927.
- Death: She died on May 6, 2014, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Tootie Zuleger passed away early on Tuesday morning, May 6, 2014 at a local nursing home. She was born in the town of Cicero, daughter of the late Martin and Mary (Peters) Zuleger. For nearly forty years, she was employed at Appleton Papers and was also a longtime member of Zion Lutheran Church where she helped with funeral meals and other volunteer needs. She was also known for her crafts, crocheting dolls, and making doilies. Tootie never married, but she does leave behind her loving nieces and nephews; Sandy (Rick) Vandenberg, Gary (Margo) Schinke, Ernie (Rosie) Schinke, Barbara DeWitt, Marty (Sherry) Zuleger, Danny Zuleger, Darvin Thomas, Audrey (David) Schommer, Connie (Phil) Feigle, Ken (Mitze) Zuleger, Delbert (Beverly) Zuleger, Jack (Kathie) Zuleger, Junior (Ethel) Zuleger, and Dennis Zuleger. She is also survived by many great-nieces, great-nephews, and a sister-in-law: LaVern Zuleger. Tootie was preceded in death by her parents and her siblings: Marjorie (Ernest) Schinke, Leona (Earl) Thomas, Gaylord Zuleger, Carl (June) Zuleger, Maynard (Irene) Zuleger, Norman (Ethel) Zuleger, and Raymond (Ethel) Zuleger.
Funeral services for Tootie will be held at 1:00 PM on Friday, May 9, 2014 at ZION LUTHERAN CHURCH, 912 N. Oneida Street in Appleton. Rev. Lloyd Luedeman will officiate, and a private burial will follow at Highland Memorial Park. Friends and family are invited to gather at the church on Friday from 11:00 AM until the time of the service. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Aunt Tootie, we love you more! You were like a mother to all of us.
James S Machurick
M, b. August 15, 1929, d. May 6, 2014
- Birth: James S Machurick was born on August 15, 1929 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Charlotte Byng were married on November 13, 1968.
- Death: James S Machurick died on May 6, 2014, at age 84.
- Note: James S. Machurick, 84, Abrams, died Tuesday, May 6, 2014, following a brief illness. The son of Steven and Verene (Exfred) Machurick was born August 15, 1929 in Milwaukee. His family moved to Sampson in 1932. Jim graduated from Oconto Falls High School in 1946. On November 13, 1968, he married Charlotte Byng in Oconto. Jim was a dump truck owner/operator from 1947-1950 and had been employed as a mechanic with Olson Transportation Co. and CW Transport from 1950-1988. He also owned and operated Jim's Bar in Abrams, from 1955-1999.Jim was a founding member of the Abrams Fire Department, and served as its Fire Chief from 1968 - 1977. He was a member of St. Louis Church in Abrams and later, a member of St. Maximilian Kolbe Church in Sobieski.Jim enjoyed working on engines. He loved playing and listening to polka music and had been one of the original members of the Dick Rodgers Orchestra. He played several musical instruments, including the trumpet, clarinet, saxophone, and drums.Survivors include his children: Linda Young, Nevada, Mary (Bob) Hansen, Peshtigo, Steve Machurick, Sr., Green Bay, and Diane (Norm) Abts, Green Bay; seven grandchildren: Ron Ready, CA, Richard Hansen, Peshtigo, Robin Hansen, Peshtigo, Steve Machurick, Jr., California, Jeff (Keri) Abts, Menasha, Tami (Katie) Abts, NM, and Jason (Erica) Abts, Green Bay; two great-grandchildren: Mikayla Hansen and Gabriel Butler; a brother, Donald Machurick, FL and a sister, Patricia (Jim) Van Straten, TX; nieces and nephews, other relatives and friends.He was preceded in death by his wife, Charlotte, and a sister-in-law, Inez Machurick.Friends may call at St. Maximilian Kolbe Church, 6051 Noble St., Sobieski, after 10:00 a.m. Saturday. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. Saturday at the church, Fr. Everard Scesney, O.F.M. presiding, with burial in St. Patrick Cemetery, Stiles.The family would like to thank the staff of Rennes East for their compassionate care, as well as Becky and Rick Wolf and all of Jim's nieces, nephews, and godchildren, for their loving care, support, and friendship.Online condolences may be expressed at www.marnochafuneralhome.com - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/greenbaypressgazette/obituary.aspx?n=james-machurick&pid=170936629&fhid=14309#sthash.ZAo30kdK.dpuf.
F, b. September 21, 1931, d. December 22, 2010
- Birth: Charlotte Byng was born on September 21, 1931.
- Marriage: She and James S Machurick were married on November 13, 1968.
- Death: Charlotte Byng died on December 22, 2010, at age 79.
William Robert Stern
M, b. March 31, 1917, d. May 7, 2014
- Birth: William Robert Stern was born on March 31, 1917 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Marie Jennie Millard were married on November 28, 1938.
- Death: William Robert Stern died on May 7, 2014, at age 97.
- Burial: He was buried in Most Precious Blood Cemetary, New London, Wisconsin.
- Note: William R. Stern, age 97, New London passed away peacefully at home on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. He was born on March 31, 1917, in Shawano son of the late William F. and Barbara (Blick) Stern. On November 26, 1938, Bill was united in marriage to Marie Millard. They celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary in November of 2013. He was well known in the New London area as a building contractor and built many homes in the area. After his retirement as a contractor Bill served as New London building inspector for many years. During WWII he was employed at the Manitowoc ship yards. He was a life long member of Most Precious Blood Catholic Church, New London and was very active serving on many church committees and also a member of the Knights of Columbus Father Herb Council #1797.
Bill is survived by his wife Marie; seven children: Mary Lou (Les) Prochnow, New London; Dick (Carol) Stern, Shawano; Joyce (Gary) Schroth, Appleton; Betty (Gary) Mytton, New London; Jeanne (Steve) Fichter, Appleton; Bill (LuAnn) Stern, Shawano and Jane Stern, Appleton; brother, Dave Stern, Wisconsin Rapids; sisters-in-law, Carol Stern, Arizona; and Rose Stern, New London. He is further survived by 15 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, 3 brothers, a grandson, and a great-grandson.
A Funeral Mass will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. at Most Precious Blood Catholic Church, New London with Fr. Joseph Irudamoney officiating. Visitation will be held at the church on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until the time of service. Burial will be in the parish cemetery.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to his Arc Angels Caregivers and Sue from ThedaCare Hospice for their kindness in caring for their father.
"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
Marie Jennie Millard
F, b. September 4, 1920, d. January 8, 2015
- Birth: Marie Jennie Millard was born on September 4, 1920 in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William Robert Stern were married on November 28, 1938.
- Death: Marie Jennie Millard died on January 8, 2015, at age 94, in New London, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Most Precious Blood Cemetary, New London, Wisconsin.
- Note: Marie J. Stern, age 94, New London, passed away on Thursday, January 8, 2015, following a short illness in the presence of her loving family and in the home that she and her husband Bill built. She was born on September 4, 1920, in New London, daughter of the late Alfred and Martha (Ziebell) Millard. On November 26, 1938, she was united in marriage to William Stern. They celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary on November 26, 2013. She was a member of Most Precious Blood Catholic Church, New London. Marie's life was centered around her husband and children; and she devoted her life to them.
She is survived by her seven children: Mary Lou (Les) Prochnow, New London; Dick (Carol) Stern, Shawano; Joyce (Gary) Schroth, Appleton; Betty (Gary) Mytton, New London; Jeanne (Steve) Fichter, Appleton; Bill (LuAnn) Stern, Shawano and Jane Stern, Appleton; 15 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends also survive her.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, 4 brothers, 2 sisters, a grandson, and a great-grandson.
Funeral mass for Marie will be held on Monday, January 12, 2015, at 11:00 a.m. at Most Precious Blood Catholic Church, New London with Fr. Robert Groher officiating. Visitation will be held at the church on Monday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of service. Burial will be in the parish cemetery in the spring.
Special thank you to Dr. Houlihan and his nurses Voni and Johnny, Arc Angels Caregivers, Sue from ThedaCare Hospice and Mom's special friend Kayla for all the care and compassion they gave to Marie.
The most important thing in Marie's life was her husband and family.
Richard William Stern
Joyce Ann Stern
Elizabeth Jean Stern