- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Lavida C Lillge
F, b. July 31, 1915, d. September 22, 2013
- Birth: Lavida C Lillge was born on July 31, 1915 in Town of Center, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Grover A Werner were married on April 17, 1939 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lavida C Lillge died on September 22, 2013, at age 98.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lavida C. (Lillge), 98, of Appleton, Wisconsin, was welcomed into the arms of our Lord on Sunday morning September 22, 2013.
Lavida was born July 31, 1915, in the Town of Center, Wisconsin, and was the daughter of the late Louis and Wella (Griese) Lillge. She attended St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Grade School and then the Vocational School in Appleton.
Lavida married Grover A. Werner on April 17, 1939, (Easter Sunday) at St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church in Appleton. Grover preceded her in death January 17, 1973. She was an active member of St. Peter Lutheran Church, Forestville, Wisconsin, where she was a member of the Ladies Aid and in the church choir. Lavida was also a member of the Ladies Aid at St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Lavida and Grover spent many years in the restaurant business. They started with a Drive-in in Forestville in the 1960s which naturally included car hops. The family moved to Algoma where they operated "Grover's" soda shop. Lavida was known as "Ma" Werner to all the teenagers in town while serving hamburgers, French fries, home-made ice cream and their famous cherry cokes. She also enjoyed singing with the Algoma's Sweet Adelines. Lavida's hobbies included embroidery, dart ball, bowling and crosswords puzzles.
Lavida is survived by her children and their spouses, Marlin and Eleanor Werner, Rhinelander; Carol and Karl Hoppe, Menasha; Tom and Renee Werner, Luxemburg; and Dan and Sue Werner, Green Bay; her grandchildren, Dan Lynn (Bobbie Jo) Werner, Dr. Mike (Michelle) Werner, John (Lori) Werner, Zak (Amy) Werner, Alisha Werner, Andrew Werner and Austin Werner; her great grandchildren, Cody, Elizabeth, Olivia, Blake, Madison, Lilian, Ethan, Grace and Autumn. Lavida is also survived by nieces, nephews and numerous cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband, Grover; her parents; brother Gerald Lillge; sister and brother-in-law, Mae and Gerald Krueger and sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Margie and Harvey Hart.
The Christian Funeral for Lavida will at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 25, 2013, at ST. PAUL EV. LUTHERAN CHURCH, 302 Morrison Street, Appleton, with Rev. Kenneth L. Frey and Rev. Peter Walther officiating. Interment will be in Highland Memorial Park. Friends may call directly at the church on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of services. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com
Lavida had spent a lifetime caring for others including her husband, mother, and brother. For such a small lady she sure had a big heart.
A big thank you to the staff of Oakridge Garden Nursing Center, especially to Cathy and Gordana for the love and care you gave to our mother.
Grover A Werner
M, b. November 2, 1913, d. January 17, 1973
- Birth: Grover A Werner was born on November 2, 1913 in Isaar, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lavida C Lillge were married on April 17, 1939 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Grover A Werner died on January 17, 1973, at age 59.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. May 6, 1917, d. March 19, 2003
- Birth: Mae Lillge was born on May 6, 1917 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 19, 2003, at age 85, in Janesville, Rock Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1670, d. November 12, 1726
- Birth: Barbara Schmits was born circa 1670.
- Marriage: She and Adam Demerath were married on February 9, 1699.
- Death: Barbara Schmits died on November 12, 1726.
F, b. March 23, 1694
- Birth: Agnes Demerath was born on March 23, 1694.
M, b. December 29, 1700
- Birth: Nikolaus Demerath was born on December 29, 1700.
F, b. 1723
- Birth: Agnes Weber was born in 1723.
F, b. circa 1728
- Birth: Agnes Demerath was born circa 1728.
- Marriage: She and Johann Adam Schmitz were married on January 25, 1758.
Johann Adam Schmitz
M, b. circa 1728
- Birth: Johann Adam Schmitz was born circa 1728.
- Marriage: He and Agnes Demerath were married on January 25, 1758.
F, b. July 16, 1730
- Birth: Margarethe Demerath was born on July 16, 1730.
- Marriage: She and Georg Schenk were married in 1754.
M, b. circa 1730
- Birth: Georg Schenk was born circa 1730.
- Marriage: He and Margarethe Demerath were married in 1754.
M, b. December 28, 1732
- Birth: Johann Demerath was born on December 28, 1732.
- Marriage: He and Anna Christine Lehnen were married in 1758.
Anna Christine Lehnen
F, b. circa 1730
- Birth: Anna Christine Lehnen was born circa 1730.
- Marriage: She and Johann Demerath were married in 1758.
M, b. July 18, 1756, d. December 25, 1758
- Birth: Johann Demerath was born on July 18, 1756.
- Death: He died on December 25, 1758, at age 2.
Johann Adam Demerath
M, b. October 1758
- Birth: Johann Adam Demerath was born in October 1758.