Bently John Urban
Daniel J Hermans
M, b. October 16, 1894, d. April 11, 1967
- Birth: Mathias Vandenhoven was born on October 16, 1894.
- Death: He died on April 11, 1967, at age 72.
F, b. 1897, d. June 30, 1960
- Birth: Agnes Champeau was born in 1897.
- Death: She died on June 30, 1960, at age ~63.
Leo L Charlier
M, b. October 16, 1929, d. June 22, 2016
- Birth: Leo L Charlier was born on October 16, 1929 in Red River, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on January 27, 1951 in Holy Cross Church, Bay Settlement, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 22, 2016, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Bay Settlement, Wisconsin.
- Note: Leo L. Charlier, 86, of Green Bay, beloved husband of 65 years to Eileen (Vandenhoven) Charlier, departed this life on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at his home surrounded by his loving family.
Leo was given the gift of life on October 16, 1929. Elmer and Stella (Pirlot) Charlier were the proud parents of Leo, who was born in Red River, WI. Leo graduated from West High School, class of 1947. He worked for Northern Paper Mill after graduating from high school until his retirement in 1992. He served his country as a member of the Army National Guard for 14 years, achieving the rank of Master Sergeant. Leo married the love of his life, Eileen R.Vandenhoven, on January 27, 1951 at Holy Cross Church in Bay Settlement, WI.
Leo and Eileen were blessed with five children; Jeannine, Bruce, Karla (Art) Albers, Karen (Pete) Bushmaker, and Matt (Suzanne). Their grandchildren and great grandchildren; Bruce's children: Deniell (Paul) Bomberg and their children Tyler, Abigail and Kyleigh; Stephanie Thompson (Rob deceased); Vickie Phalin (deceased) and her children Kegan and Keylee; Paul (Liz) Charlier and their son Louie. Karla's children: Andrew (deceased); Jim (Kendra) Albers and their son Tate; Kevin Albers (Ashley); Karen's children: John (Kellie) Bushmaker and their children Jenna and Carter. Dan (Katie) Bushmaker and their children Jayden and Everett. Matt's children: Dale (Samantha) and Alea. Leo is survived by his 3 brothers: Jim (Linda); Dave (LaVerne) and Tom. Leo is also survived by Eileen's siblings: Rita Huven (Cyril-deceased); Milton Vandenhoven (Evie-both deceased); Bernadette Blodgett (Bernard-deceased); many nieces and nephews.
Dad was also preceded in death by two infant daughters, Mary Joel and Ellen Rose, his parents Elmer and Stella, his mother and father in law, Math and Agnes Vandenhoven. Family meant everything to Leo. He was a wonderful husband and father who was devoted to his wife and children. He enjoyed fishing and hunting. Many young men will remember him as their baseball coach for the Yankees in Allouez along with his best friend, George Knipfel, in the 1970's. After retirement, Leo and Eileen loved traveling, mostly to the AZ area. He also was an active member of St. Matthew's Catholic Church since 1958.
Visitation will be held at Newcomer Funeral Home, 340 Monroe Avenue, Green Bay on Sunday June 26, 2016 from 1-4 PM. Visitation will resume on Monday June 27th from 9-10 AM at St. Matthew's Church in Green Bay, a Mass of Christian Burial will follow at 10 AM in the Church sanctuary. Interment will follow in Holy Cross Cemetery in Bay Settlement. We would like to thank Fr. Bob Kabat and Ann Froelich of St. Matthew's Church, the staff at Age Well Assisted Living,and Unity Hospice for all their support during this difficult time. We would also like to extend a special thank you to our mom and dad's dear friend, Jan Knipfel, whom they loved as a sister. Dad….we love you and will miss you. Until we see you again.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from June 24 to June 26, 2016.
M, d. yes
- Death: Patrick Vandenhoven died yes.
Malina M Crooks
F, b. January 9, 1928, d. December 26, 2015
- Birth: Malina M Crooks was born on January 9, 1928 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert VanDeuren were married on September 12, 1953 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Malina M Crooks died on December 26, 2015, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Malina M. Van Deuren, age 87, of Green Bay, passed away Saturday, December 26, 2015. She was born January 9, 1928 in Green Bay, daughter of the late Frank and Sophia (Schmidt) Crooks and graduated from St. Joseph Academy.
Malina married Robert F. Van Deuren, September 12, 1953 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Green Bay, and together they shared 47 loving years of marriage before he passed in 2000. Malina and Robert raised 7 children together. The children remember her fondly for her Christmas cookies, lasagna and her amazing ability to stretch a pound of beef to feed a family of 9. She was an avid reader and collector of salt and pepper shakers. Malina enjoyed knitting, watching musicals and listening to showtunes. Her family was her pride and joy.
Malina is survived by her children: Mary (Danny) Revelant of Peru, IN, Jeanne (David) Woo of Virginia Beach, VA, Julie Van Deuren, John Van Deuren, Grace Van Deuren and Mark Van Deuren, all of Green Bay; 5 grandchildren: Jennifer Grubbs, Daniel (Samantha) Revelant, Sara (Josh Tam) Woo, Steven Woo and Dylan Van Deuren; 3 great-grandchildren: Patrick Grubbs, Molly Beth and Ian Tam; many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert; son, Francis Van Deuren and 3 brothers: Don, Mike and Tom Crooks.
Friends and relatives may call at the NEWCOMER FUNERAL HOME, (340 S. Monroe Avenue, Green Bay) on Friday, January 1, 2016 from 4 to 7 PM. Visitation will continue, Saturday, January 2, 2016 from 10 to 11 AM at St. Agnes Parish (1484 9th Street). A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 AM with Fr. Patrick Beno officiating. Entombment will be in Allouez Catholic Cemetery and Mausoleum. To leave an on-line condolence for the family, please visit www.NewcomerGreenBay.com or for more information, please call (920) 432-4841.
Malina's family would like to extend a special thank you to the staffs at Angels on Arcadian, De Pere, WI and St. Mary's Hospital for their exceptional care of Malina as well as the area rescue squads.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Dec. 29, 2015 to Jan. 1, 2016.
Francis J VanDeuren
M, b. October 24, 1954, d. August 15, 2013
- Birth: Francis J VanDeuren was born on October 24, 1954 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 15, 2013, at age 58.
- Note: Francis J. Van Deuren, 58, Green Bay, died unexpectedly, Thursday, August 15, 2013 of a spontaneous hemorrhage. Born in Green Bay, October 24, 1954, he is the son of Malina (Crooks) and the late Robert F. Van Deuren. Fran graduated from West High School in the class of 1974. After graduation, he worked at Kaap's Restaurant and then Larsen Canning. Fran was a great fan of the Green Bay Packers and movies, in particular the Star Trek series. He enjoyed taking pictures. Francis was a longtime and faithful member of St. Agnes Parish.Fran is survived by his mother, Malina of Green Bay; 6 siblings, Mary (Danny) Revelant of Peru, IN, Jeanne (David) Woo of Virginia Beach, VA, Julie Van Deuren, John Van Deuren both of De Pere, and Grace Van Deuren, and Mark Van Deuren both of Green Bay; nieces and nephews, Jennifer Grubbs and Daniel (Samantha) Revelant, Sara (Josh Tam) Woo, Steven Woo, and Dylan Van Deuren; a great niece and a great nephew; and many other relatives and friends.He was preceded in death by his father.Visitation at St. Agnes Parish (Lobas Lounge), Ninth at Fisk Streets, Friday from 10:00 A.M. until the time of the Funeral Mass in the church at 11:00 A.M. with the Rev. Patrick Beno officiating. Malcore (West) Funeral Home cared for the family. Visit www.malcorefuneralhome.com to send a condolence to the family.Fran gave the gift of organ donation where he will live on through others. The family would like to extend a special thanks to the first responders and St. Vincent Hospital.