M, b. circa 1869
- Birth: Oscar Surber was born circa 1869.
- Marriage: He and Paulina Schilowski were married on November 18, 1903 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1870
- Birth: Paulina Schilowski was born circa 1870 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and Oscar Surber were married on November 18, 1903 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1840
- Birth: Wilhelm Surber was born circa 1840.
F, b. circa 1840
- Birth: Henrietta Hess was born circa 1840.
M, b. circa 1840
Family: Mensel (b. circa 1840)
- Birth: Joseph Schilowski was born circa 1840.
F, b. circa 1840
- Birth: Mensel was born circa 1840.
M, b. January 20, 1902, d. January 26, 1977
Family: Lillian Musil (b. September 28, 1900, d. September 12, 1987)
- Birth: Raymond Koroleski was born on January 20, 1902.
- Death: He died on January 26, 1977, at age 75.
F, b. September 28, 1900, d. September 12, 1987
- Birth: Lillian Musil was born on September 28, 1900.
- Death: She died on September 12, 1987, at age 86, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. July 16, 1922, d. July 25, 2013
Family: Malcolm Alby (b. October 30, 1922, d. February 21, 2010)
- Birth: Rosemary Spaay was born on July 16, 1922 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Malcolm Alby were married on July 1, 1943 in Belleville, St Clair Co, Illinois.
- Death: Rosemary Spaay died on July 25, 2013, at age 91, in Lake Geneva, Walworth Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Rosemary Alby
1922 - 2013
Rosemary Alby, 91, died peacefully on Thursday, July 25, 2013, at Arbor View in Lake Geneva, Wis.
The former Rosemary Spaay was born on July 16, 1922, in Little Chute, Wis., the daughter of the late John and Theresa Spaay. She was a graduate of Burlington High School and lived in the Burlington area since 1938. She moved to Silver Lake in 1951.
On July 1, 1943, in Belleville, Ill., she was united in marriage to Malcolm Alby. He preceded her in death on Feb. 21, 2010.
Rosemary was a longtime member of Holy Cross Catholic church in Wilmot, Wis. She devoted her lifetime to being a wife, mother and grandmother. She enjoyed watching her grandchildren at all their sporting events, was a member of the homemakers club, a Girl Scout Leader and on the election board for many years. She was an avid gardener and assisted her husband with their photography business.
Rosemary is survived by two sons, Tom (Jane) Alby of Glenwood Springs, Colo., and Robert (Barbara) Alby of Oakley, Calif.; two daughters, Mary Kay (AKA Ruby) (Bill) Coles of Folsom, Calif., and Barb (Kim) Singleton of Burlington, Wis., as well as seven grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. She is also survived by two sisters, Alvina Vanderwerff of Burlington, Wis., and Ann (Roger) Blommel of Slinger, Wis., and three brothers, Eugene Spaay of Kenosha, Wis., Tom Spaay of Wausau, Wis., and Glenn (Mary) Spaay of Mt. Horeb, Wis.
Rosemary was preceded in death by her husband and parents, a sister Joan Angelo and a brother Carl Spaay.
A Memorial Mass will be held on Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, at 1 p.m. at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Wilmot, WI. A gathering of relatives and friends will be held at the church following the ceremony. In lieu of flowers, memorial remembrances may be mad to VNA Hospice of WI, 103 N. Dodge St. Burlington, WI. 53105.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the entire staff of Arbor Village for the excellent and loving care provided to Rosemary for the time she was there.
The Haase-Lockwood & Assoc. Funeral Home and Crematory of Twin Lakes handled arrangements. For online guestbook: haaselockwoodfhs.com.
Published online at KenoshaNews.com on August 4, 2013
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kenoshanews/obituary.aspx?n=rosemary-alby&pid=166237599&fhid=16239&eid=sp_ommatch#fbLoggedOut.
M, b. October 30, 1922, d. February 21, 2010
- Birth: Malcolm Alby was born on October 30, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Rosemary Spaay were married on July 1, 1943 in Belleville, St Clair Co, Illinois.
- Death: Malcolm Alby died on February 21, 2010, at age 87.
Alvina G Spaay
F, b. October 12, 1923, d. May 17, 2015
- Birth: Alvina G Spaay was born on October 12, 1923 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John Henry Vanderwerff were married on November 8, 1944.
- Death: Alvina G Spaay died on May 17, 2015, at age 91, in Burlington, Racine Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Alvina G. Vanderwerff
1923 - 2015
Alvina G. Vanderwerff, 91, of Burlington, passed away Sunday, May 17, 2015, at Aurora Memorial Hospital-Burlington.
Born in Little Chute, Wis., on Oct. 12, 1923, she was the daughter of John and Theresa (nee VandenBerg) Spaay. She spent her early life in Little Chute, Brighton and Burlington where she graduated from high school.
On Nov. 8, 1944, she was united in marriage to John Henry Vanderwerff at St. Francis Xavier Church. Following marriage they made their home in Brighton where they raised their family. John preceded her in death on Oct. 27, 1986. Alvina was a homemaker and was always helping out on the family farm. She was a member of St. Francis Xavier Church and loved spending time with her grandchildren on the farm.
She is survived by her children, Jayne Bruno, Timothy (Deni) Vanderwerff, Jack (Karen) Vanderwerff, Jerry (Jackie) Vanderwerff, Patty (Phil) Brever, Carl (Joan) Vanderwerff, Marty Vanderwerff, Donnie (Diane) Vanderwerff, Sue Vanderwerff and Jeannie (Kevin) Kumba; grandchildren, Tony (Marla) Ted, Albie (Paul), Amy (Bob), Andy, Elizabeth (Nicholas), Justin, Ryan, Kyle, Adam, Krista, Nicholas, Sally, Mark, Jared, Joshua, Jake (Patti), Heidi (Nick), Michael (Lisa) and Jacqueline (Andy). She is also survived by 10 great grandchildren and her siblings, Thomas Spaay, Eugene Spaay, Glenn (Mary) Spaay and Ann Blummel.
Alvina was preceded in death by her parents, husband, son, Philip, sisters, Rosemary Alby and Joan Angelo and brother, Carl.
The family would like to thank the nurses and staff at Aurora Memorial Hospital-Burlington and Waterford Senior Living for their care and compassion.
Mass of Christian Burial for Alvina will be held on Friday, May 22, 2015, at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church at 11 a.m. with Rev. Russ Arnett presiding. Visitation for family and friends will be at Schuette-Daniels Funeral Home on Thursday, May 21, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. with a 7:30 p.m. prayer vigil. Burial will follow the service on Friday at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Cemetery.
Schuette-Daniels Funeral Home & Crematory
625 S. Browns Lake Drive
Burlington, WI 53105
F, b. August 25, 1926, d. March 24, 2004
- Birth: Joan Spaay was born on August 25, 1926.
- Death: She died on March 24, 2004, at age 77.
John Nicolaus Barbian
M, b. 1772, d. December 31, 1813
- Birth: John Nicolaus Barbian was born in 1772.
- Death: He died on December 31, 1813, at age ~41, in Weiskirchen, Saarland, Germany.
F, b. July 7, 1788, d. December 22, 1828
- Birth: Catherine Giehl was born on July 7, 1788 in Weiskirchen, Saarland, Germany.
- Death: She died on December 22, 1828, at age 40, in Weiskirchen, Saarland, Germany.
M, b. 1845, d. February 9, 1892
- Birth: Jacob Barbian was born in 1845.
- Death: He died on February 9, 1892, at age ~47, in Wisconsin.
Mary J Schilz
F, b. July 19, 1840, d. 1917
- Birth: Mary J Schilz was born on July 19, 1840 in Weiskirchen, Saarland, Germany.
- Death: She died in 1917, at age ~77.