Sue Ellen Writz
Gabriel Jacob Metz
M, b. January 23, 1901, d. February 27, 1957
- Birth: Gabriel Jacob Metz was born on January 23, 1901 in Marathon County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Josephine Susanna Marx were married on May 12, 1925.
- Death: Gabriel Jacob Metz died on February 27, 1957, at age 56, in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wausau Daily Record Herald, Thurs. Feb. 28, 1957, p. 6, c. 3. Gabe Jacob Metz, 56, 1124 S. 16 Ave., died last evening at 7 o'clock in a local hospital. Funeral services will be Monday morning at 8:45 o'clock in the Ritter & Deutsch Funeral Home and at 9:15 o'clock in Holy Name Catholic Church. The Rev. Lloyd Geisler will officiate and burial will follow in Restlawn Memorial Park. The body will be in the funeral home from tomorrow evening until the time of the rites and a rosary service will be held there Sunday evening at 7:30 o'clock. Mr. Metz, a local resident for 26 years, was born Jan. 23, 1901, in the Town of Rietbrock, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Metz. He was married May 27, 1925, in Poniatowski to Miss Josephine S. Marx, who survives. Mr. Metz had been employed by Wausau Motor Parts Co. Surviving, besides the widow, are his parents, who live in the Town of Rietbrock; a son James J. Metz, Norwalk, Calif.; a brother, Pete Metz, Hamburg; four sisters, Mrs. Ann Lewandowski, Schofield, Mrs. Margaret Wiemann, 309 S. 11 Ave., Mrs. May Bloom, Chicago, and Mrs. Caroline Brandt, Rib Falls, and two grandchildren.
James Joseph Metz
M, b. April 10, 1931, d. May 12, 2000
- Birth: James Joseph Metz was born on April 10, 1931.
- Divorce: He was divorced in 1957.
- Marriage: He and Arlene Laverne Crosley were married on February 14, 1969 in LasVegas, Clark Co, Nevada.
- Death: James Joseph Metz died on May 12, 2000, at age 69, in Los Alamitos, Orange Co, California.
John Joseph Metz
John Joseph Metz
Jessica Lynn Metz
Jake Stone Reden
Robert Patrick Metz
Christine Leigh Metz
Arlene Laverne Crosley
F, b. February 6, 1933, d. July 4, 2004
- Birth: Arlene Laverne Crosley was born on February 6, 1933 in Long Beach, Los Angeles Co, California.
- Marriage: She and James Joseph Metz were married on February 14, 1969 in LasVegas, Clark Co, Nevada.
- Death: Arlene Laverne Crosley died on July 4, 2004, at age 71, in Fountain Valley, Orange Co, California.
John A Dobberstein
M, b. December 17, 1890, d. February 6, 1978
- Birth: John A Dobberstein was born on December 17, 1890 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Josephine Susanna Marx were married on October 4, 1966 in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John A Dobberstein died on February 6, 1978, at age 87, in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wausau Daily Herald, Tues. Feb. 7, 1978, p. 6, c. 3. John A. Dobberstein, 87, 713 S. Sixth Ave., Wausau, died at 4 p.m. Monday at a Wausau hospital. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Wausau. The Rev. Kenneth Melby will officiate and burial will be in Restlawn Cemetery. Friends may call after 4 p.m. Thursday at the Helke East Chapel, Wausau, and after 9:30 a.m. Friday at the church. Mr. Dobberstein was born Dec. 17, 1890, in Chicago, Ill., son of Mr. and Mrs. John Dobberstein. He married Adelia Voigt in the town of Hamburg on Sept. 30, 1915. She died on Mar. 3, 1958. On Oct. 4, 1966, in Wausau, he married Josephine Metz, who survives. He was a retired employee of Silcrest (now Crestline). Survivors besides his wife include two daughters, Mrs. Vernette Pijan, 508 Humbloldt Ave., and Mrs. Mildred Pittsley, 409 N. First Ave., both of Wausau; a stepson James Metz, Lakewood, Calif.; a sister, Mrs. Anna Paul, 602 S. Second Ave., Wausau; 10 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and two step-great-grandchildren.
Frederick John Lefeber
M, b. May 8, 1879, d. April 12, 1956
Family: Mary Frances Horn (b. December 23, 1877, d. March 11, 1948)
- Isabella Anna Lefeber (b. August 5, 1905, d. March 15, 1984)
- Benedict Anthony Lefeber (b. July 12, 1907, d. February 8, 1993)
- Valentine Peter Lefeber (b. August 28, 1909, d. April 11, 1969)
- Sylvester Lefeber (b. June 30, 1913, d. September 28, 1934)
- Clara Lefeber (b. June 1, 1915)
- Birth: Frederick John Lefeber was born on May 8, 1879 in Fond du lac County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary Frances Horn were married on October 17, 1904.
- Death: Frederick John Lefeber died on April 12, 1956, at age 76, in St Cloud, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sheboygan Press, April 13, 1956. Fred Lefeber, 76, retired Fond du Lac County farmer, was found dead in the St. Cloud home Thursday. In ill health recently, it is believed he suffered a heart attack. A son of the late Nicholas and Anna Wallersheim(sic) Lefeber, he was born in the town of Marshfield, (Fond du Lac County), May 8, 1879. He attended school at St. Joe and on Oct. 17, 1904 married the former Mary Horn at St. Joseph Catholic church. The couple farmed near St. John until 1923 when they moved to a St. Joe farm which they operated until retiring and moving to St. Could in 1944. Mrs. Lefeber died in 1948. Surviving are two sons, Ben of St. John, and Valentine of Jericho; two daughters, Mrs. August Sippel (Isabel) of Marytown, and Mrs. William Steffen (Clara) of St. Cloud; 16 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. Also surviving are four brothers, Peter of Johnsburg, Joseph of St. Cloud, Mathew of St. Joe, and Nicholas of Fond du Lac; and one sister, Mrs. Mary Mueller of Marytown. He was preceded in death by a son and brother. Services will be held at the Lisowe Funeral home, St. Cloud and at the St. Cloud Catholic church. Celebrant of the requiem Mass will be the Rev. Roman Stoffel, pastor. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery, St. Joe.
Isabella Anna Lefeber
F, b. August 5, 1905, d. March 15, 1984
- Birth: Isabella Anna Lefeber was born on August 5, 1905 in Fond du lac County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Augustine Ferdinand Sippel were married on September 15, 1927.
- Death: Isabella Anna Lefeber died on March 15, 1984, at age 78, in Libertyville, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Note: Fond du Lac Reporter, Mar. 15, 1984. Mrs. August (Isabella) Sippel, 79, of Marytown, died Thursday, March 15, 1984, at Libertyville, Ill., after a three-month illness. She was born Aug. 5, 1904, at Marytown, to Fred and Mary Horn Lefeber. She was married to August Sippel at St. Joe on Sept. 15, 1927. The couple farmed in the Marytown are and later operated Marytown Farm Supply. She was a member of Visitation Catholic Church at Marytown and Altar and Rosary Society. Surviving are her husband; two sons, Harold of Hilbert and Donald of Plymouth; and seven daughters; Mrs. Erma Danner of Glenview, Ill., Mrs. Ronald (Dianne) Reese of New Holstein, Mrs. Francis (Bernice) Schaefer of Mt. Calvary, Mrs. Ted (Lillian) Dombowski, Charlesburg, Mrs. Willard (Tharcilla) Matznick of Marytown, Mrs. Howard (Mary Ann) Meyer of St. Anna and Mrs. Gary (Jean) Anderson of Portage. Also surviving are 35 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; a sister, Mrs. William (Clara) Steffen of Fond du Lac; and a brother, Ben Lefeber of Hilbert. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, and two brothers. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Huss Funeral Home, St. Cloud, and at 10:30 a.m. at Visitation Church, Marytown. The Rev. John Rausch will officiate and burial will be in Holy Cross Cemetery, Mt. Calvary. Visitation for Mrs. Sippel will be after 4 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Augustine Ferdinand Sippel
M, b. September 22, 1903, d. January 11, 1997
- Birth: Augustine Ferdinand Sippel was born on September 22, 1903 in Mount Calvary, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Isabella Anna Lefeber were married on September 15, 1927.
- Death: Augustine Ferdinand Sippel died on January 11, 1997, at age 93, in Mount Calvary, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Fond du Lac Reporter, Jan. 12, 1997. August F. Sippel, 93, of Marytown, died Saturday, Jan. 11, 1997, at Villa Loretto Nursing Home in Mt. Calvary. He was born Sept. 23, 1903, in rural St. Cloud, a son of Frank and Anna Hoerth Sippel. He attended grade school in Mt. Calvary. On Sept. 15, 1927, he married Isabelle Lefeber at St. Joe. The couple farmed in the Marytown area and later operated the Marytown Farm Supply Mill and Store until retiring. Mrs. Sippel died in 1984. Mr. Sippel had resided at Villa Loretto since 1991. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Marytown and its Holy Name Society. He was a charter member of the Winnebago East Shore Lions and a member of the Improved Order of Redmen, Marytown Branch. Survivors include two sons, Harold and his wife Carol of Hilbert and Donald and his wife Helen of Plymouth; and seven daughters; Erma Danner Woolery of Glenview, Ill., Bernice Schaefer of St. Cloud, Lillian Sippel and Dianne Reese and her husband Ronald, both of New Holstein, Tharcilla Matznick and her husband Willard of Marytown, Mary Ann Meyer and her husband Howard of St. Anna and Jean Anderson and her husband Gary of Portage; 34 grandchildren; 40 great-grandchildren; two sisters, Irene Kohlmann and her husband Lyle and Mathilda Koenigs, both of Fond du Lac; three sisters-in-law, Marcella Sippel and Clara Steffen and her husband Bill, both of Fond du Lac, and Margretta Lefeber of Hilbert. He was preceded in death by a grandson, two great-grandchildren, six brothers and five sisters. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Huss Funeral Home, St. Cloud, and at 10:30 a.m. at St. Mary's Church in Marytown. The Rev. Joe Coerber will officiate. Burial will be at Holy Cross Cemetery, Mt. Calvary. Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Huss Funeral Home, where a Redmen service will be held at 7:30 p.m., followed by a parish vigil service at 8 p.m. A memorial fund has been established in his name.
Lucille Mary Sippel
F, b. April 7, 1928, d. May 3, 1928
- Birth: Lucille Mary Sippel was born on April 7, 1928.
- Death: She died on May 3, 1928, at age 0.
Erma Anna Sippel
Mahlon Edward Danner
M, b. June 30, 1930, d. January 30, 1979
- Birth: Mahlon Edward Danner was born on June 30, 1930 in Pennsylvania.
- Death: He died on January 30, 1979, at age 48, in Great Lakes, Lake Co, Illinois.