F, b. October 14, 1917, d. November 25, 1983
- Birth: Althea Palmer was born on October 14, 1917.
- Death: She died on November 25, 1983, at age 66.
M, b. February 7, 1884, d. May 19, 1901
- Birth: Nicholas VanGompel was born on February 7, 1884 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Baptism: He was baptized on February 7, 1884 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 19, 1901, at age 17.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Old/11/7.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
James Alan Potter
M, b. September 18, 1938, d. May 29, 2013
- Birth: James Alan Potter was born on September 18, 1938 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 29, 2013, at age 74, in Younngtown, Maricopa Co, Arizona.
- Note: James Alan Potter, 74, Peoria, Ariz., died May 29, 2013, in Yountown, Ariz., after a lengthy illness.
Jim was born Sept. 18, 1938, in Appleton, Wis., the son of the late Raymond and Mildred (Tracy) Potter.
Jim graduated from Appleton High School in 1957. He joined the Marines and was honorably discharged. In 1961, he married his sweetheart, Barbara Ann Ponschock. They moved to Phoenix, Ariz. in 1963 and have lived in that area since.
Jim is survived by his wife of 52 years, Barbara, Peoria, Ariz.; his son and daughter-in-law, David and Margaret Potter, Glendale, Ariz.; two granddaughters, Jessica and Morgan Potter, Arizona. He is also survived by two sisters and brothers-in-law, Judith and Peter Zimmerman, Plover, Wis.; and Kristine and Robert Filz, Mesa, Ariz.; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Richard and Sherry Ponschock, Yuma, Ariz.; and Dennis and Janet Ponschock, Brillion, Wis.; along with his best friend since grade school, John Yonan, Wisconsin; many relatives and friends, especially his church family from City Life Church, Peoria, Ariz.
Jim was preceded in death by his parents, Ray and Miller Potter and his parents-in-law, Ed and Leona Ponschock.
Memorials may be sent to: City Life Church, 9043 W. Olive Rd, #123, Peoria, AZ 85345
For online condolences go to www.bestfuneralservices.com/obituaries/
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on June 25, 2013.
Peter C Zimmerman
M, b. July 25, 1945, d. September 7, 2013
- Birth: Peter C Zimmerman was born on July 25, 1945 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 15, 1970 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 7, 2013, at age 68, in Plover, Portage Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Peter C. Zimmerman age 68, of Plover passed away unexpectedly at his home on Saturday September 7, 2013.
Funeral services for Peter will take place at 11:30 AM on Wednesday September 11, 2013 at the Plover - Shuda Funeral Home. Rev. Ben Sheets will officiate. Friends and family will gather to share memories from 10:00 - 11:30 AM on Wednesday at the funeral home. Burial will be at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton. Memorials in lieu of flowers will be established in his name for the Portage County Humane Society and an educational scholarship.
Peter was born July 25, 1945 in Appleton, to Lawrence and Lucille (Risse) Zimmerman. He graduated from Appleton High School (now West) and UW- Oshkosh with his B.A. degree. Peter married Judith Potter on August 15, 1970 in Appleton. The couple settled in Appleton until moving to Plover in 1973. Peter worked for Portage County Social Services until 1984. Peter went on to earn his Masters Degree from UW-Oshkosh and begin a new career as a guidance counselor at Wisconsin Rapids Jr. High School, retiring in 2001.
Peter enjoyed hiking, fishing, and hunting. He had a special bond with his dogs who are now reunited with Peter on the Rainbow Bridge. He especially loved being afield with his German Short Haired Pointers.
Peter is survived by his wife Judith, Plover. his brother: Dr. Richard (Kathleen) Zimmerman, West Bend; his sister: Nancy (Donald) Wallace, Madison; brother and sister in-laws: Robert and Kristine Filz, North Dakota, and Barbara Potter, Arizona; Godchildren: Scott Filz, Russell Wallace, and Laura Thorson; along with many more nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents: Lawrence and Lucille Zimmerman; in-laws: Raymond and Mildred Potter; and sister: Luann Thorson.
Online condolences may be sent by visiting www.shudafuneral.com.
Leland W Fischer
M, b. June 27, 1917, d. August 25, 1981
- Birth: Leland W Fischer was born on June 27, 1917 in Shiocton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Julia A Calnin were married on June 25, 1940.
- Death: Leland W Fischer died on August 25, 1981, at age 64.
- Burial: He was buried in St Peter & Paul Cemetery, Hortonville, Wisconsin.
Leona F Boers
F, b. November 8, 1908, d. June 1, 1984
Family: August L Wichman (b. July 27, 1903, d. November 12, 1963)
- Eileen M Wichman (b. March 10, 1930, d. November 3, 2017)
- LeRoy Wichman (b. February 4, 1933, d. June 22, 2013)
- Shirley Mae Wichman (b. 1934, d. 1947)
- Yvonne Irma Wichman (b. July 8, 1936, d. January 30, 2008)
- Birth: Leona F Boers was born on November 8, 1908.
- Death: She died on June 1, 1984, at age 75.
- Burial: She was buried in Community Lutheran Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
M, b. February 4, 1933, d. June 22, 2013
- Birth: LeRoy Wichman was born on February 4, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 22, 2013, at age 80, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: LeRoy Charles Wichman, age 80, left to be with his creator on June 22, 2013 in Appleton. He came into this world on February 4, 1933 in Appleton; the only son of the late Leona F. (Boers) and August L. Wichman.
LeRoy is survived by a sister, Eileen M. Coon and many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Shirley Mae Wichman and Yvonne Irma (Wichman) Seif and a brother in law, Woodrow E. Coon.
LeRoy was a very loyal and patriotic career member of the U.S. Air Force. He entered upon his graduation from Appleton Sr. High School (West) on June 11, 1951. His honorable service career spanned almost 22 years and two armed conflicts, the Korean War and Vietnam; in which he served a tour in the later from October 1967 through November 1968. LeRoy also had duty in Saudi Arabia 1954-1955; the United Kingdom 1962-1965 and many other countries briefly, as well as many stateside bases. He retired from the U.S. Air Force with honors in September of 1972. Staying gainfully employed in the Fox Cities thereafter, until his overall retirement in May of 1994. LeRoy was a life member of The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA).
A memorial service for LeRoy will be held on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. at Valley Funeral Home, Appleton. Family and friends may visit at the funeral home on Thursday from 2:00 p.m. until the time of the service. Full military honors will follow the service at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established in his name.
Eileen M Wichman
F, b. March 10, 1930, d. November 3, 2017
- Birth: Eileen M Wichman was born on March 10, 1930 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Woodrow Earl Coon were married on June 8, 1946.
- Death: Eileen M Wichman died on November 3, 2017, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in Community Lutheran Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eileen Coon, age 87 of Appleton, passed away at Oakridge Gardens on Friday, November 3, 2017. Eileen was born in Appleton on March 10, 1930, daughter of the late August and Leona (Boers) Wichman. On June 8 of 1946, she married Woodrow Coon; he preceded her in death on April 11, 2001. In addition to raising her large family, over the years Eileen enjoyed crocheting afghans, ceramics, working jigsaw puzzles, watching Skip's band perform, and visits with her family.
She is survived by eight children: William (Tuesday) Coon of Menasha; John (Rose) Coon of Appleton; Lynn (Dick) Stibbe of Gilman; Toni (George) Appel of Appleton; Shirley Barbour of Appleton; Sandy Coon of Appleton; Dale Coon of Neenah; and Kelly Coon of Redgranite. There are also twenty-three grandchildren and forty great-grandchildren. Eileen was preceded in death by her parents, her husband Woodrow, a son Scott, a brother Leroy, sisters Yvonne and Shirley, and a brother-in-law Robert Barbour.
A funeral service for Eileen will be held at 1:00 PM on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, at the Wichmann Funeral Home, Tri County Chapel - 1592 Oneida Street in Menasha. Family and friends are invited to gather at the funeral home on Wednesday morning from 11:00 AM until the time of the service. Interment will follow at Community Lutheran Cemetery.
For more information or to share a memory of Eileen, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.