U, b. March 10, 1951, d. March 10, 1951
- Birth: Baby Romenesko was born on March 10, 1951.
- Death: He/she died on March 10, 1951, at age 0.
- Burial: He/she was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/31.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
M, b. June 26, 1882, d. March 3, 1960
- Birth: John Berben was born on June 26, 1882 in Helden, Limburg, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Godefrida Maria Biestervelt were married on August 2, 1909 in Eau Galle, Dunn Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: John Berben died on March 3, 1960, at age 77, in New York.
F, b. December 11, 1910
- Birth: Nellie Berben was born on December 11, 1910 in Wisconsin.
F, b. September 1, 1913, d. September 3, 1913
- Birth: Annie Berben was born on September 1, 1913 in Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 3, 1913, at age 0, in Wisconsin.
Margaret Hazel Shipman
F, b. January 21, 1897, d. February 15, 1980
- Birth: Margaret Hazel Shipman was born on January 21, 1897 in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Franciscus Biestervelt were married on February 19, 1918 in Altoona, Eau Claire Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Margaret Hazel Shipman died on February 15, 1980, at age 83.
Francisca Maria Nannings
F, b. May 17, 1876, d. January 27, 1937
- Birth: Francisca Maria Nannings was born on May 17, 1876 in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Antonius VanBoxtel were married on February 14, 1901 in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Death: Francisca Maria Nannings died on January 27, 1937, at age 60, in Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
James R Blob
M, b. July 6, 1940, d. July 6, 2013
- Birth: James R Blob was born on July 6, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 4, 1960 in Sacred Heart Church, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 6, 2013, at age 73.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: James R. Blob, age 73, affectionately known as "Big Daddy", of Appleton, died peacefully at his home on his birthday, Saturday, July 6, 2013. Jim was born in Appleton on July 6, 1940, to the late Bernard and Maxine (Utschig) Blob. On June 4, 1960, Jim was united in marriage to the love of his life, Peggy Daniels, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. He made a great number of acquaintances during his many years of managing the Speedway gas station on the corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Meade St., retiring in 1999. A lifelong Appleton resident, he was a member of Riverview Lutheran Church, Appleton.
Jim fondly remembered his coaching days, having coached baseball at Palisades, Menasha, and basketball at Riverview Lutheran School, Appleton. He also served on the School Board at St. Paul Lutheran School, Appleton. Jim loved watching his children and grandchildren participate in any activities in which they were involved. He was known to let his grandchildren practice their haircutting ("It will grow back") and drawing ("It will wash off") skills on him and will be remembered for making people laugh. Big Daddy stories will be told and retold for years to come. In his earlier years, Jim enjoyed summer outings at the cottage with Boomer's family, as well as playing games with family and friends. He loved attending family functions, whether they be birthdays or holidays. He was particularly proud of his 8 children and all of his grandchildren.
Jim is survived by his wife of 53 years, Peggy "Peg" Blob, Appleton; 6 sons: Tim (Bonnie) Blob, Menasha, and children Kelsey, Parker, and Hannah; Todd (Jan) Blobe, Town of Clayton, and son, Ryan; Tom (Shelli) Blob, Appleton, and children Devon and Morgan; Troy (Sandy) Blob, Greenville, and children Brittany, Ashley, and Alexander; Terry (Heather) Blob, Appleton, and children Max, Beau, and Emma; Tyler (Melissa) Blob, Menasha, and children Brendan, Brooklyn, and Bennett; 2 daughters: Tricia (Jason) Haen, Appleton, and children Madison, Lauren, and Brielle; and Tiffany (Ross) Hartwig, Greenville, and children Madalyn, Mckenzie, and Olivia; and a sister: Mary (Steve) Boeing, Appleton, and children Melissa (Ryan) West, and Matthew (Tracy) Boeing.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Robert Blob; a brother- in-law, Walter Daniels; a mother-in-law, Leonore Daniels; a sister-in-law, Patricia Hurley; and grandchildren Alexander Blob (son of Troy and Sandy), and Taylor Blob (son of Tim and Bonnie).
A funeral service will be held at 11 am on Saturday, July 13, 2013 at Riverview Lutheran Church, 136 W. Seymour St., Appleton, with Rev. Adam Bode officiating. Friends may call from 4 to 7 pm on Friday at Riverview Lutheran Church, and again at church on Saturday from 9 am until the time of service. Interment will take place at St. Joseph Cemetery, Appleton. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family wishes to extend a special thank you to his caregivers, Heather and Kelly, for their care and friendship shown to Jim. Sincere appreciation is warranted, also, for Dr. Karl Baum and Dr. Daniela Constantinescu, for their help when Jim needed it most. Thank you to the staff of Fresenius Medical Care and Heartland Hospice for the compassionate care extended to Jim.
The children acknowledge and thank our parents for the hard work and sacrifice necessary to raise and sustain such a large family.
After all that, "Do you know Big Daddy?"