Joyce Marie Stephani
F, b. February 18, 1935, d. July 31, 2016
- Birth: Joyce Marie Stephani was born on February 18, 1935 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Vern W Manthei were married on September 24, 1960.
- Death: Joyce Marie Stephani died on July 31, 2016, at age 81.
- Note: Joyce Marie Manthei nee Stephani, 81, of Wisconsin Rapids, WI, the beloved mother of Michael Manthei, Melissa Quick and Mary Wesley, the devoted wife of Dr. Vern Manthei and the loving Nana to Alexander Quick and Chloe Wesley and godmother to James Stephani, Kelly(Keith) Jawson, Lisa Mauthe. Joyce moved on from her earthly life on Sunday July 31, 2016.
Memorial services will be held at 11:00 AM on Saturday August 6, 2016 at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Wisconsin Rapids. Fr. Patric will officiate the service. The family will greet relatives and friends at the church on Saturday morning from 10:00 - 11:00 AM.
Joyce was born in Black Creek, WI on February 18, 1935 to Jacob and Lorinda Stephani nee Beyer. Joyce graduated from Seymour High School in Seymour, WI Class of 1953 then continued her education at Theda Clark Nursing School in Neenah, WI. and began her life-long mission caring for others.
Joyce worked as an LPN in Winnebago, WI; Appleton, WI; Sacramento, CA and Wisconsin Rapids at Riverview Hospital, The Doctors Clinic and Aspirus Hospital. Joyce was a member of The Catholic Daughters of the Americas through her home parish of St. Vincent de Paul in Wisconsin Rapids for many years. She was an avid golfer, gardener, reader and bridge player. Joyce enjoyed cooking, entertaining, traveling and spending time with her family and friends.
Joyce is survived by her husband, children, grandchildren and siblings: Eugene Stephani, Florence McCarthy, Delores(Arnie) Strauch, Roselyn Mauthe, Kathleen(James) Fischer and LaVerne(Ronald) Cropsey; sister-in-laws Lavina Stephani and Delores Stephani.
Joyce was preceded in death by her parents, siblings Elvera Maroszek, Ervin Stephani, Lawrence Stephani and Jerome Stephani.
Ritchay Funeral Home in Wisconsin Rapids is assisting the family with arrangements.
Published in Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune on Aug. 3, 2016.
Vern W Manthei
M, b. August 1, 1933, d. April 8, 2017
- Birth: Vern W Manthei was born on August 1, 1933 in Birnamwood, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Joyce Marie Stephani were married on September 24, 1960.
- Death: Vern W Manthei died on April 8, 2017, at age 83, in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Vern W. Manthei, age 83, of Wisconsin Rapids, WI died Saturday, April 8, 2017, at Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
Memorial Services are 11:00 AM Monday, April 17, 2017 at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Wisconsin Rapids, WI. Father Patric will officiate. The family will greet relatives and friends at the Church on Monday from 10:00-11:00 AM.
Vern was born in Birnamwood, Wisconsin to the late Henry and Luella Manthei August 1, 1933. He was a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and Marquette University Dental School. He was a Captain in the United States Army and served during the occupation in Korea in the early 1960's.
Vern married the late Joyce Marie Stephani on September 24, 1960. They lived in Columbia, South Carolina before returning to Appleton, Wisconsin where Vern joined a private dental practice. In 1968, the young family of five moved to Wisconsin Rapids where Vern and Joyce settled and raised their three children. Vern was an active member of many community organizations in Wisconsin Rapids including: the Knights of Columbus, Serra Club, The Lions Club and The Elks Club. He was also a member of the Riverview Hospital staff as well as an active parishioner at St. Vincent de Paul Church.
Vern was predeceased by his devoted wife of fifty-five years, Joyce Manthei in July of 2016, his brother Henry and his sisters Julia and Betty. Vern is survived by his children Michael Manthei of Maple Grove, MN; his daughter Melissa Quick of Maple Grove, MN; his daughter Mary Wesley of Winooski, VT and his two grandchildren Alexander Quick of Maple Grove, MN and Chloe Wesley of Chicago, IL. Vern is also survived by his two sisters LouAnn and Marion of Oshkosh, WI and his brother Clarence of Shawano, WI.
Published in Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune on Apr. 11, 2017.
F, b. June 2, 1923, d. November 18, 1988
- Birth: Elvera Stephani was born on June 2, 1923.
- Death: She died on November 18, 1988, at age 65.
Stanley P Berceau