Clarence H Jacobs
M, b. October 7, 1940, d. January 28, 2013
- Birth: Clarence H Jacobs was born on October 7, 1940 in Bay Settlement, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 17, 1960 in Holy Cross Church, Bay Settlement, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 28, 2013, at age 72, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Arvella E. Challe, 83, Green Bay, died, Jan. 28, 2013, at Kindred Hearts Senior Living. Born in Green Bay on Jan. 22, 1930, she was the daughter of the late Ferdinand Challe and Evelyn Van Eyck. Arvella's brother Myron Challe died in 2008. Arvella worked in the Restaurant and Food business before retiring. She enjoyed working on the farm with her animals and working in her garden.
She is survived by one brother and sister-in-law, Alton and Florence Challe, Junction City, Oregon; four nieces, Lois (Charles) Fischer, Janet (Bill) Judd, Cindy (Mike) Armstrong, all of Eugene, OR., and Diane (Jim) Foster, Springfield, OR.; two nephews, David (Val) Challe, of Corvallis, OR., and Alan Challe, Waianae, Hawaii.
Private family services were held. Arvella's cremated remains will be buried at St. Peter Church Cemetery in Lincoln, WI. MALCORE (EAST) Funeral Home assisted the family.
Please visit www.malcorefuneralhome.com to send online condolences to the family.
The Family extends a thank you to the entire staff at Kindred Hearts Senior Living for all their kindness toward Arvella. A special thank you to Hospice Advantage and to Denise Tegen for all her help with Arvella.
M, b. January 31, 1936, d. February 10, 2018
- Birth: Raymond Jacobs was born on January 31, 1936 in New Franken, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 9, 1958 in Holy Cross Church, Bay Settlement, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 10, 2018, at age 82.
- Note: Luxemburg - Raymond "Ray" Jacobs, 82, passed away at home surrounded by family, February 10, 2018, after a long time struggle with his health. Born on January 31, 1936, in New Franken, he is the son of the late Albert and Mamie Jacobs. Ray married the former Rosemary Taylor on August 9, 1958, at Holy Cross Church in Bay Settlement. He is the proud father of nine children and especially proud of his eight grandchildren. Ray was a co-owner of Jacobs Construction for over fifty years. He had a love for woodworking, and spending time with his family. Ray was known for being fun loving and having a great sense of humor. He was an avid card player, a connoisseur of beer, and having fun.
Ray is survived by his wife, Rosemary; four children, Chris (Scooter) Mueller, Rob (Virgie) Jacobs, Raelynn (Jason) Jakkola, Rosie (Paul) Madary; eight grandchildren, Matt and Jayme Jervis, Marissa and Mariah Jacobs, Dexter and Peyton Jakkola, Sam and Maya Madary.
He was preceded in death by two infant sons; son, Raymond Jacobs, Jr; two daughters, Cheryl (Lay) Jacobs, Cynthia (Jervis) Jacobs and nine siblings.
Visitation at Malcore East Funeral Home 701 N Baird St Wednesday February 14, from 4 PM until 8 PM. Parish Wake Service at 7:30 PM. Visitation will continue Thursday, February 15, at St Joseph's in Champion, 5996 County Rd K, from 10 AM until the time of the Mass of Christian Burial at 11 AM.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff of Unity Hospice especially Gwen.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Feb. 13 to Feb. 14, 2018.
Shirley Mae Jacobs
F, b. April 11, 1934, d. June 15, 2013
- Birth: Shirley Mae Jacobs was born on April 11, 1934 in Bay Settlement, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Floyd Joseph Strebel were married on July 2, 1955 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Shirley Mae Jacobs died on June 15, 2013, at age 79, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Shirley Mae Strebel, age 79, of Shawano, passed away Saturday, June 15, 2013 in Appleton. Born on April 11, 1934 in Baysettlement, WI, she was the daughter of the late Albert and Mamie (DeGroot) Jacobs. On July 2, 1955 she was united in marriage to Floyd J. Strebel in Green Bay. Shirley worked as a cook and a baker at the Shawano High School for many years. When not at work, she enjoyed spending time with her beloved grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She also enjoyed embroidering. Shirley was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
Shirley is survived by: 4 sons, Gilbert (Betty), Eugene "Hugs" (Rhonda), Thomas, Terry (Nell) all of Shawano; 3 grandchildren, Jason (Andrea), Jill (Nick Kristof), Jodi; and 6 great-grandchildren, Trenton, Teghan, Kendra, Morgan, Emma and Teitum. Shirley is further survived by: a brother, Ray (Rosemary) Jacobs of Luxemburg; a sister, Geraldine (Melvin) Nooyan of Green Bay; sisters-in-law, Diane Jacobs of New Franken, Eva Jacobs; and a brother-in-law, Norbert Cravillion.
Shirley was preceded in death by: her husband, Floyd on February 10, 2004; a daughter, Linda; her parents; 6 sisters, Lavern (Cyril) Ronk, Dorothy (Alvin) Falish, Loretta (Edward) Cashman, Rita (Cletus) Speerschneider, Ethel Cravillion; and 2 brothers, Orville and Clarence Jacobs.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00am on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Shawano with the Rev. Len Evers officiating. Entombment will be in the Shrine of the Good Shepherd in Green Bay. Visitation will be held at the Swedberg Funeral Home in Shawano on Friday from 4:00-8:00pm and at the church on Saturday from 10:00am until the time of the service. A Parish Wake service will be held at the funeral home on Friday at 7:00pm.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on June 18, 2013.
F, b. May 14, 1919, d. May 18, 2012
- Birth: Frances Boehm was born on May 14, 1919.
- Death: She died on May 18, 2012, at age 93.