Patrick A Bernardy
M, b. January 11, 1929, d. November 13, 2012
- Birth: Patrick A Bernardy was born on January 11, 1929 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on November 13, 2012, at age 83, in Iron Mountain, Dickinson Co, Michigan.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Walsh, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: NIAGARA, Wis. - Rev. Fr. Patrick A. Bernardy, 83, of Niagara, entered eternal life Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012, at Dickinson County Healthcare System, Iron Mountain.
He was the seventh of nine children and a twin, born Jan. 11, 1929, in Menominee to the late Albert and Julia (O'Neill) Bernardy. Patrick was raised on a farm in Walsh, Wis., owned by his grandparents and run by his father. He grew up in a close knit, loving family, learning the discipline of hard work and the love of sharing Christian principles.
When Patrick was in his late teens, he found work in local shipyards, but in 1950, while selling typewriters with his brother-in-law in Waterloo, Iowa, he decided to become a priest. During his seminary years, Patrick found summer work in the papermill in Marinette.
He entered Jordan Seminary in Menominee in September 1950 for a two-year preparatory training and then transferred to the Green Bay Diocesan Minor Seminary in St. Nazianz, Wis. After two years, Patrick was sent to St. John Seminary in Collegeville, Minn., for his philosophy and theology training and was ordained at St. Francix Xavier Cathedral by Bishop Stanislaus V. Bona on June 11, 1960. The next day, he said his first Mass at his home parish, Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Marinette.
After ordination, Fr. Patrick served the Lord in the Manitowoc, New London, and Green Bay areas as an assistant and was assigned as pastor to St. Anthony Church in Oconto Falls in 1971, serving the people there until July 1979, at which time he accepted the position of pastor at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Niagara, where he served for almost 20 years.
One of Fr. Patrick's greatest joys was the building of the new Maryhill Manor in Niagara. Sr. Mary Francis and Fr. Patrick realized a new dwelling was needed when the old hotel no longer met the Wisconsin codes and remodeling the old building was not an option. With support from the local people, the Diocese, and the government, their dream came true. Today, the new Maryhill is serving the community with excellent care and an enthusiastic staff. Fr. Patrick was still serving as a senior priest doing what he could for clients, staff, and volunteers at Maryhill.
He is survived by one brother, Francis "Johnny" Bernardy of Marinette; two sisters, Joyce Meschar of Louisville, Ky. and Betty Ann Edlebeck, Wausaukee, Wis.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, Fr. Patrick was preceded in death by three brothers, Albert, Harold, and Raymond Bernardy and two sisters, Irene Dal Santo, and his twin Patricia Elmer.
The funeral liturgy will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday at the church. Most Reverend Robert F. Morneau, Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Green Bay and Most Reverend Robert J. Banks, Retired Bishop of the Diocese of Green Bay will officiate. Reverend Matthew Settle will be the homilist with other priests of the Diocese of Green Bay concelebrating.
Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery in Walsh, Wis.
- Ordination: He was ordained on June 11, 1960 in Priest.
Patricia Teresa Bernardy
F, b. January 11, 1929, d. July 21, 1990
- Birth: Patricia Teresa Bernardy was born on January 11, 1929 in Walsh, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward Gregory Elmer were married on November 27, 1948 in Walsh, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Patricia Teresa Bernardy died on July 21, 1990, at age 61, in Pompano Beach, Broward Co, Florida.
Koren Eileen Tippett
Martha F Kaminski
F, b. June 17, 1917, d. May 16, 2000
- Birth: Martha F Kaminski was born on June 17, 1917.
- Death: She died on May 16, 2000, at age 82, in Sturgeon Bay, Door Co, Wisconsin.
Donna Jean Bernardy
F, b. June 28, 1947, d. August 6, 2010
- Birth: Donna Jean Bernardy was born on June 28, 1947 in Sturgeon Bay, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 6, 2010, at age 63.
- Note: Donna J. Bernardy, 63 years, of Green Bay, formerly of Sturgeon Bay, passed away Friday (August 6, 2010) at St. Mary’s Hospital in Green Bay.
She was born June 28, 1947 in Sturgeon Bay, the daughter of the late Albert and Martha (Kaminski) Bernardy. She enjoyed eating ice cream, reading and listening to music, especially Louis Armstrong, and Lawrence Welk.
Survivors include her sister, Carla Engerson of Illinois; two brothers, Dan (Rose) Bernardy of Mosinee, and Gary Bernardy of Sturgeon Bay.
Preceding her in death were her parents, and brother, Ron Bernardy.
Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Friday (August 13, 2010) at Huehns Funeral Home. Friends may call from 1:00 p.m. on Friday until the time of services at Huehns Funeral Home. Burial will follow at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery in Sturgeon Bay.
A special thanks to the staff of REM Assisted Living on Division Street in Green Bay for the kindness in care shown to our wonderful sister.
Gary Allen Bernardy
Ronald James Bernardy
M, b. May 12, 1949, d. May 19, 2008
- Birth: Ronald James Bernardy was born on May 12, 1949 in Sturgeon Bay, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 19, 2008, at age 59, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Daniel Wayne Bernady
Carla Marie Bernardy
F, b. February 16, 1954, d. January 7, 2014
- Birth: Carla Marie Bernardy was born on February 16, 1954 in Sturgeon Bay, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 7, 2014, at age 59.
- Note: Carla M. Engerson, 59, Green Bay, passed away peacefully with her family by her side on Tuesday, January 07, 2014. She was born February 16, 1954, in Sturgeon Bay, to the late Albert and Martha Bernardy. Per Carla's wishes private services were held. The family would like to thank the staff of Heartland Hospice, especially Lise and Heidi and also the staff at Golden Living Center.
June Marie Cherney
F, b. June 7, 1918, d. May 7, 1990
- Birth: June Marie Cherney was born on June 7, 1918.
- Marriage: She and Harold Joseph Bernardy were married on February 16, 1939 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: June Marie Cherney died on May 7, 1990, at age 71, in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Forest Home Cemetery, Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
Luana (Sister Jean Marie of the Body of Christ) Bernardy
Robert J Bernardy
M, b. March 1, 1942, d. April 17, 2005
- Birth: Robert J Bernardy was born on March 1, 1942 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He was married on November 30, 1962 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on April 17, 2005, at age 63.
- Note: Robert J. Bernardy, 63, of 3415 Pierce Ave., Marinette, died on Sunday, April 17.
Born in Menominee on March 1, 1942, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Harold (June Cherney) Bernardy, he married the former Phyllis Minor on Nov. 30, 1963, in Menominee. He was employed at Kimberly Clark for 18 years, retiring in 1997. A member of Little River Country Club, he was a sports fan and enjoyed watching the Packers and Brewers.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Mrs. Wilson (Jean) John of Palatine, Ill., and Mrs. Roger (Julie) Powers of Marinette; one son, Mike (Renee) of Port Washington; two grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three sisters, Judy Rogers of Gainesville, Fla., Lynn Peterson of Iron River, Mich., and Sr. Jean Marie of the Body of Christ; and two brothers, Tom of Iron River, Mich., and Allen of Elizabethtown, Ky.
Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m. on Thursday, April 21, at Kell-Walker Funeral Home, with a wake service at 6:30 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be said at 11 a.m. on Friday, April 22, at Holy Redeemer Church. Fr. Ron Skufka will officiate and burial will be in Birch Creek Cemetery.
Peshtigo Times 4/20/2005.
Alan Anthony Bernardy
M, b. May 18, 1943, d. January 2, 2008
- Birth: Alan Anthony Bernardy was born on May 18, 1943 in Marinette County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 2, 2008, at age 64, in Kentucky.
Judy Louise Bernardy
Thomas R Bernardy
M, b. October 5, 1940, d. August 5, 2008
- Birth: Thomas R Bernardy was born on October 5, 1940 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 5, 2008, at age 67, in Iron River, Iron Co, Michigan.
Nicholas A DalSanto
M, b. July 2, 1912, d. April 6, 2003
- Birth: Nicholas A DalSanto was born on July 2, 1912 in Marinette County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Irene Marie Bernardy were married on June 2, 1938 in St Joseph Church, Walsh, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Nicholas A DalSanto died on April 6, 2003, at age 90, in Iron Mountain, Dickinson Co, Michigan.
Michael Nicholas DalSanto